Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Was the introduction of Shipwreck's sexuality in 2013 a mistake for the direction of the show?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Jezo

Lord Jezo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Up until 2013 Shipwreck remained the person on the show who held everything together.

With Cheapy's crazy drug stories and Wombat's wild adventures in NYC, Shipwreck was the middle America wholesome boy who cared about basketball and transformers.  Even in the face of the two other hosts he never faltered and if things got too bad he would just go quiet.

Then everything changed.

The most egregious example so far of how he has fallen has been with the Kinect for the Xbox one.  When the crew was discussing how they weren't sure if they wanted it connected at all time's Shipwreck started to talk about his bedroom and how that is not where he wants to be watched.

Total shock from the audience.  Here was our foundation speaking candidly about what goes on behind closed doors.  

I guess peer pressure is too much for even the most stable of us to deal with after years and years of abuse.  With 2013 being a pivotal year for the show I wonder where it will all go from here, will it continue it's decent into pure debauchery or can it be saved.

Whatever may come, though, I'll keep on listening and hope that one day I once again see Wombat in the flesh and am given the opportunity to call out his name in pure glee as he walks past me like the total boss he is. 

#2 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Looking at this makes me want to listen to the podcast, thanks.

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#3 codenamelenny

codenamelenny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

You make it sound like it's a sitcom or something.

#4 TonyGeezy

TonyGeezy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

You mean you don't want the hosts to talk about themselves?

I just encourage them to be themselves. There's nothing wrong with who you are, and if someone doesn't like that then it's their problem.

Hopefully Ship does not feel pressured to do anything, I support whatever he wants to do. I just hope the others don't make him uncomfortable, buy he's an adult and can handle himself! I think it's great that they can get along and respect each other.

#5 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

I think a lot of people are listening to the old CAGCasts trying to find out what you are talking about.

#6 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I find the OP kinda creepy.

#7 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

this is seriously the best thread on CAG...ever

#8 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

you were shocked to hear that Ship DIDNT want to be recorded in the bedroom?

"When the crew was discussing how they weren't sure if they wanted it connected at all time's Shipwreck started to talk about his bedroom and how that is not where he wants to be watched."