BestBuy.com Doorbusters next Thursday, January 23. [Elite & Elite Plus Members Only] *Sale Preview Wednesday, January 22*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
BiWnevD.gif

wg6VAmc.png

Update: :whistle2:|

Nintendo 3DS XL Scribblenauts Bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
Prepare yourselves, disappointment imminent

- Or -

HOWZ CaN IT BE A DOOrBustER iF tHA InternetZ HazZ NoooO DoooORZ

Thanks .. I'm here all week

I just caved and bought Rayman Legends Vita for $17.xx after the Gamers Club Coupon and GCU, so I'm sure it will drop down to $20 or so (and close to free after coupon/GCU) for this sale.

I'm betting you're going to be seeing a lot of TV and home theater deals in this sale, in light of Super Bowl coming up soon.

I'm betting you're going to be seeing a lot of TV and home theater deals in this sale, in light of Super Bowl coming up soon.
You missed the larger factor. CES was last week which displayed all the new 2014 models. The period between now and May most stores are just trying to get rid of the 2013 stock. Hence why the Super Bowl is the prime selling time for TV deals.

It just mates up so well. Stores want to get rid of 2013 TVs and consumers want one for the big game. It is marketing bliss.

They do something like this every year. It's to clear out all the old electronics for the new stuff. I'll be on the hunt for a nice sound bar.

IIRC, given their Central Time (MN) corporate headquarters, the sale prices usually go live around midnight Central thus 10pm  Pacific/1 am Eastern, correct?  Although, for the Black Friday early access for Elite/Elite Plus, I think everything generally stayed in stock, at least until the afternoon.  Hopefully there will be some decent deals...

I have noticed a lot of clearance games added over the past month to the best buy website so is it possible that the mass influx of clearance games added could be a prologue to a upcoming closeout kind of sales on last gen games? kind of like I think the blowout clearance sale they had in july of 2012? one could only hope that true and that maybe many of the games clearance now especially the crazy high price ones could make a sudden drop for this upcoming sale?

Forecast -  Best Buy Brand tv's on sale, $20 off a handful of newer games, gift cards with Apple purchases, gift cards with cell phone  purchases...

I just made Elite for this year but was told it takes 6 weeks to reflect on my account...looks like I'll be missing this one.

LOL... I was a BB Premier Silver member for 2 years and none of these sales were ever really worth a damn. Don't get excited.

Somebody who works at Best Buy please leak an early list. Best Buy has been dry for a while now.

Alright...I am only $1500 away from Elite status.  Honestly I cannot see myself ever buying $1500 worth of stuff at BB in a calendar year...Unless I need to buy an appliance but usually much better deals elsewhere.

Alright...I am only $1500 away from Elite status. Honestly I cannot see myself ever buying $1500 worth of stuff at BB in a calendar year...Unless I need to buy an appliance but usually much better deals elsewhere.
whenever I buy stuff on amazon, I always go to BB first and buy amazon gift cards so that I get RZ points. I spend about 1500 on amazon a year.

[quote name="Cibello20" post="11456725" timestamp="1390150140"]whenever I buy stuff on amazon, I always go to BB first and buy amazon gift cards so that I get RZ points. I spend about 1500 on amazon a year.[/quote]

I like your thinking man. That's a business mentality there. That's what I do in many things.

How do you get access to the sake? I'm elite plus and didn't get an email.
Check your status by logging in to My Best Buy. In the overview, it should display your Elite Plus Status on the right hand top corner.

Hopefully someone might be able to post the link to the sale (which would obviously work if you are Elite/Elite Plus) or you should be able to see the deals upon login based on your Elite status.

I also did not get any mail for the event since Best Buy has screwed up my Elite Plus status (which was till Feb2015). After I applied for the BB credit card, I now show up as Core member again.

I guess I would also be missing this sale, but if some CAG can confirm what are the deals, I will call them up and get the price adjusted if there is anything worth buying in the sale.

Didn't BBY stop carrying these? I haven't seen them in ages.
No, they still do. I just bought one a few weeks ago, and during the holidays I bought one to satisfy the AMEX deal (spend $175 or whatever it was).

Buying the gift cards to get more point is not a bad idea. Although despite all the games and blu-rays I buy, I probably don't spend enough at Amazon and Best Buy combined to reach elite or elite plus status. I would need to make a hardware purchase or something...

Check your status by logging in to My Best Buy. In the overview, it should display your Elite Plus Status on the right hand top corner.

Hopefully someone might be able to post the link to the sale (which would obviously work if you are Elite/Elite Plus) or you should be able to see the deals upon login based on your Elite status.

I also did not get any mail for the event since Best Buy has screwed up my Elite Plus status (which was till Feb2015). After I applied for the BB credit card, I now show up as Core member again.

I guess I would also be missing this sale, but if some CAG can confirm what are the deals, I will call them up and get the price adjusted if there is anything worth buying in the sale.
Contact Best Buy Customer Service and have them relink your accounts. I had this problem as well.

Contact Best Buy Customer Service and have them relink your accounts. I had this problem as well.
Yes, I did that already a couple of weeks back and have been following with them on a regular basis.

Initially, they asked for 5-7 business days for analysis. Took around 12 days and confirmed I am Elite plus.

Lately, someone from support mentioned, my member ID is showing two entries: one elite plus and another core.

Not concerned with the time they take since most of my purchases are in shop. Just hope I do not miss future online events.

Just hit Elite status after the holidays.  After all the stuff I just bought, not sure any more shopping is a good idea.  I purchased the first two seasons of Boardwalk Empire and GoT, the Star Wars complete saga and several other blus just on BF not counting other shopping trips. 

Welp looks like this will be my last Elite Plus sale. Didnt make it this time, and considering how Best Buy seems to be doing financially I doubt I'll get another bump up.

Gonna miss that 24/7 PM Hotline....

bread's done
Back