Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4961 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassg...econd-son-more/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Extra $5/$10 per game on XB1/PS4 games (Ends 4/6/14)

Spoiler

Extra 30% on Games/Accessories traded towards select games (Ends 4/28/14)

Spoiler

Extra 30% on Media Player trades (Ends 4/28/14)

Spoiler

Guaranteed $40 trade-in credit for Infamous Second Son (Ends 4/20/14)

Spoiler

Guaranteed $30 trade-in credit for Titanfall (Ends 5/7/14)

Spoiler

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!

Spoiler

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
Spoiler

Can I trade-in sealed games?
Spoiler

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
Spoiler

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
Spoiler

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on games?
Spoiler

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
Spoiler

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
Spoiler

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Spoiler

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
Spoiler

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Spoiler

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Spoiler

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
Spoiler

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
Spoiler

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
Spoiler

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
Spoiler

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
Spoiler

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
Spoiler

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
Spoiler

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Spoiler

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Spoiler

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
Spoiler

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
Spoiler

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
Spoiler

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Spoiler

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#2 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Xbox One Hardware

Spoiler

Xbox One Games

Spoiler

Xbox 360 Hardware

Spoiler

Xbox 360 Games

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#3 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Nintendo Wii U Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo Wii U Games

Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo Wii Games

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#4 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Nintendo 3DS Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo 3DS Games

Spoiler

Nintendo DS Hardware

Spoiler

Nintendo DS Games

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:38 AM.

#5 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Playstation 4 Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation 4 Games

Spoiler

Playstation 3 Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation 3 Games

Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Hardware *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*

Spoiler

Sony Playstation 2 Games *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#6 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Playstation Vita Hardware

Spoiler

Playstation Vita Games

Spoiler

Sony PSP Hardware

Spoiler

Sony PSP Games

Spoiler

Ooya
System - $30 (9/4/13)
Controller - $20 (9/4/13)

Apple
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Android Tablets
http://www.gamestop....recommerce/web/

Edited by JP, 27 April 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#7 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Reserved for expansion.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#8 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Link for the "trade 2 games" deal is dead, is the list of eligible games posted anywhere else?

Also, what was the round 1 mystery coupon?  And can somone summarize the ipad/iphone deal from a while back - I missed the details of that one.  Thanks!

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#9 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Da fuq you lookin at bruh?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

New thread smell.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & Destiny   :ps4: TLOU:Remastered   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Trine 2  :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#10 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Sniffs

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ohboynewthreadsmell

#EldritchGonnaSniffToo? :lol:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#12 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Link for the "trade 2 games" deal is dead, is the list of eligible games posted anywhere else?

The cag affiliate item sometimes jacks with the links. I've recreated it but listed it fully so if anyway has problems just copy and paste the text into a browser window and it can bring up the page.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#13 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Copy/paste the URL.

#14 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

#newthread

Xecutioner
CML

#15 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

In for notifications

#16 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

In for notifications

I believe in this new web site redesign you can simply click "Follow this topic" on the upper right.  You don't necessarily need to post in here to follow like before.

#17 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Thanks guys.  Also, does the birthday coupon work on every used game in a single transaction, or only a single item?  I know it states it's good for "20% off your next purchase of a preowned game" but sometimes such coupons automagically/accidentally take the discount off of everything.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#18 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Thanks guys.  Also, does the birthday coupon work on every used game in a single transaction, or only a single item?  I know it states it's good for "20% off your next purchase of a preowned game" but sometimes such coupons automagically/accidentally take the discount off of everything.

No, single game, highest priced one of the transaction.

#19 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Also, what was the round 1 mystery coupon?  And can somone summarize the ipad/iphone deal from a while back - I missed the details of that one.  Thanks!

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#20 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Thanks JP for all the hard work. I wish Gamestop didn't limit the 30% towards only certain games. I think they are due for a new trade deal soon! 

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Speaking of which, a CAG in the AWD mentioned something about GS starting to track the use of the Bday coupon, and people should be cautious of using it. Is this a thing?

Also, as always, thank you OP.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Speaking of which, a CAG in the AWD mentioned something about GS starting to track the use of the Bday coupon, and people should be cautious of using it. Is this a thing?

Also, as always, thank you OP.

I don't think anyone really knows what they are tracking right now, 5 accessories, used of Bday coupon, 5 copies of a game in a single month, multiple accounts, returns, it's all up in the air. I just give them the barcode and say I have a coupon.

Posted Image

#23 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Thanks JP for all the hard work. I wish Gamestop didn't limit the 30% towards only certain games. I think they are due for a new trade deal soon! 

Just preorder the same game and transfer credit to a different title in the near future.

Posted Image

#24 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

1/17
Xbox one:
Call of Duty: Ghosts-$20
Madden 25-$20

536739.png

#25 rightously alive

rightously alive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

I wasn't aware the the 30% bump applied towards COD ghosts, Just Dance 2014, and Destiny. It's not listed on the GS website. Just the future releases.

#26 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

I wasn't aware the the 30% bump applied towards COD ghosts, Just Dance 2014, and Destiny. It's not listed on the GS website. Just the future releases.

That's old. Right now the 30% are only towards this titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
  • Theif
  • LEGO Movie Videogame
  • South Park Stick of Truth
  • Titanfall
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742

Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing: :3ds: Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Zelda: Wind Waker HD

#27 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

All of the offers are really bad right now. Just have to pick your spots when dealing with Gamestop. Find the right angles of attack.

Never stop making them pay.

#28 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks JP!

#29 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

<p>

That's old. Right now the 30% are only towards this titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
  • Theif
  • LEGO Movie Videogame
  • South Park Stick of Truth
  • Titanfall
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

It's also for Ghosts, JD 2014, & Destiny.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#30 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

So Right now is the 30% active when you buy a preowned game?