Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4961 replies to this topic

#61 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

=[

Is that for cash only? or banned to all tradeins?

#62 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Fredo in the cut, that's a scary site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

=[

So that's what it looks like

Have: $5 eshop code Want: $5 PSN code

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Nothing   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Fight Night Round 4   :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#63 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

thanks for the screenshot. 

It looks like any reasonable employee would deny any trade - even if it was for store credit.  From what I've been hearing, I'm surprised the system let's the cashier bypass it and put the trade through anyway. 

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#64 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

I like the "Please do NOT accuse the customer of any wrongdoing " part. You know some might want to go Jr. Detective on you.

Is there another prompt that may pop up during a transaction? Starting last summer or so all my transactions would beep. The cashier would look at the screen and just press a button and proceed no questions asked.

#65 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

So many of you guys go overboard. Im surprised some of you dont own your own rental company for video games or own a video game store. So crazy.

I'd say I'm a casual trader  :-P 

There is definitely something new in the system that they're using to flag accounts. I haven't done any iPad, Trade 2, or Slim adapter trades in the past several weeks. I traded in maybe 3-4 Xbox One games and somehow I'm banned...

Is that for cash only? or banned to all tradeins?

All trades

So that's what it looks like

Amazing right? It can be exited out and the trade can still be processed but the employee could definitely get in trouble.

#66 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Well, does "cash for trade" mean anything on the top?

#67 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Well, does "cash for trade" mean anything on the top?

No, its just there way of saying the customer has a trade ban regardless of store credit or cash

#68 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

Okay so just to clarify, when I go to do the trade2 promo I just say I want to trade in these games towards this piece of shit .49 PC game and it automatically bumps up the values? Then I buy the game for .49 and walk out with round 49.50 in credit?! This'll be my first time ever trading to Gamestop, and hopefully it's the start of something great.

#69 TheGeonaut

TheGeonaut

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

=[

AlJt8m6.jpg

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE? 

#70 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Anybody else get tired of the same f'n questions every f'n day?

#71 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'M SORRY

#72 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Prison Mike, you call that number yet?

#73 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Anybody else get tired of the same f'n questions every f'n day?

All they have to do is read the last page or two but apparently that is very complicated to do.

512847.png

#74 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Prison Mike, you call that number yet?

Not yet. Probably after I get out of Prison :D

#75 Az1an Sensation

Az1an Sensation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'M SORRY

https://www.youtube....h?v=9u0EL_u4nvw

Az1anSensation.png

#76 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I have found the answer

VZ45jLE.jpg

#77 Mance227

Mance227

Homemade ice cream sandwiches with bread tastes horrible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

I have found the answer

VZ45jLE.jpg

I didn't really like Martin Lawrence in Big Momma's House.

#78 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

But she is a strong black woman.

#79 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Good thing I stopped trading back in December.... I'm pretty sure my account is banned from the past 6 months of flipping iPads and games.

The next few months, the only thing I need my PUR account for is the birthday coupon usage

I guess in the spring i'll open up a new account and start over :-)

#80 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

I just received some devastating news. Gamestop is no longer accepting "offbrand" AC Adapters. They're only taking Microsoft brand. It was good while it lasted.

Never stop making them pay.

#81 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Damn, never got a chance

#82 thecobb8

thecobb8

Welcome to Cobb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I just received some devastating news. Gamestop is no longer accepting "offbrand" AC Adapters. They're only taking Microsoft brand. It was good while it lasted.

Only did it twice.

I guess a memo was put out. When i did trade in the adapters the person barely even looked at to see if it was oem or not and didn't bother plugging it in.

#83 Jaashua

Jaashua

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yup, went into today and was told they were no longer being accepted. Also said on of mine burnt up some kids console. It was fun while it lasted. I bet those Amazon guys are going to be disappointed to see their sales drop.

518815.png

#84 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Price of the brick going down. Way down.

Zone of the Enders PS3 - $3

Never stop making them pay.

#85 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Fredo in the cut, that's a scary site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Definitely will be missed.

Have: $5 eshop code Want: $5 PSN code

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Nothing   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Nothing   :360: Nothing   :ps3: Fight Night Round 4   :3ds: Nothing   :vita:  Nothing

#86 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Sing Party (Wii U)- $2

#87 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Yup, went into today and was told they were no longer being accepted. Also said on of mine burnt up some kids console. It was fun while it lasted. I bet those Amazon guys are going to be disappointed to see their sales drop.

got rid of 4 of my last 5 last week and decided to hold the fifth for a future month, so I guess I got lucky. Been on a CE buying tear for the last week using all the profits. So time to cool it for me too.

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#88 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

So many of you guys go overboard. Im surprised some of you dont own your own rental company for video games or own a video game store. So crazy.

... CAG rentals... That actually sounds like an interesting concept, I certainly have enough games for it... although game fly kind of has that worked out already.

Also, I am not so upset that the AC adapter is dieing off. Seriously a few times, sure, it is easy credit, but It kind of even turned me off from it after a while, and I have no issues with flipping (to an extent, I mostly think of it as making games I DO want cheaper). The ac adapters probably WOULD burn down somebody's system, or even house in some worse case scenario, they are cheap fire-hazardous junk. When people looked at it as their own little personal ATM, and even getting banned because of them, it was kind of... just too much.

#89 ZenithRequiem

ZenithRequiem

Scumbag Cag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

i have 23 OEM ac adapters :D

#90 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

... CAG rentals... That actually sounds like an interesting concept, I certainly have enough games for it... although game fly kind of has that worked out already.

Also, I am not so upset that the AC adapter is dieing off. Seriously a few times, sure, it is easy credit, but It kind of even turned me off from it after a while, and I have no issues with flipping (to an extent, I mostly think of it as making games I DO want cheaper). The ac adapters probably WOULD burn down somebody's system, or even house in some worse case scenario, they are cheap fire-hazardous junk. When people looked at it as their own little personal ATM, and even getting banned because of them, it was kind of... just too much.

lets be realistic, the tiv for the ac adapter might be good. It is still unethical in a way trading in those knock-off brand ac adapters. Imagine yourself being the one who bought one of those, and it end up burning your console.