Far Cry Rocks!

FeldBum

CAGiversary!
I'm just worried I'm going to beat the Single Player mode to soon...

How's the multi-player?

BTW, works great on my budget machine: XP 2800+, 756 PC2700 and GeForce4 TI4200 128MB DDR 8x AGP

:)

Yeh. The demo didn't excite me too much. The level was nice, but I didn't dig the weapon physics or the AI too much...I'm getting the game, though...Hey, it's free.

Yeah, this game is great. By the way, what level of detail are you guys playing on? I'm on Medium basically.

But there is also a high and very high quality level that are radically improved. I mean, they amount of added detail and quality is much greater the higher you set the quality. However, I find my frame rate is too slow to be playable. Medium gives me great frame rates though and decent quality. I have an Athon 2100 and a Radeon 9700 Pro.

By the way, the last level is harder than all other levels combined I'm stuck in the middle of the last level. If I put my mind to it I can probably get through, but had a lot of distractions lately.

If I had a better computer I'd try it in cartoon mode.

I havent played the single player yet, but i dont find the multiplayer any good. Its easier to kill people with a knife than with half the guns they give you. running a server sucks too, u need at least as good a PC to play the game as to run a dedicated server. and driving cars is retarded.

I play on almost all details maxed. I play at 1024X768, with shadows on medium and AA and AF off.
P4 2.0 Ghz and 9600 XT here
30-40 frames normally, but in gunfights it can go as low as like 20. With flashlight indoors like 10-15

Who says the AI isn't good? I've only played the demo, granted, but damn if enemy soldiers didn't hunt me down.

ive played the demo on max, and it suprised m how good it looked/ran. and in the demo, the AI metholdicaly searched through the brush to find me. i had to stay perfectly still for like 5 minutes before they left. i want this game so bad.

[quote name='Tom']I play on almost all details maxed. I play at 1024X768, with shadows on medium and AA and AF off.
P4 2.0 Ghz and 9600 XT here
30-40 frames normally, but in gunfights it can go as low as like 20. With flashlight indoors like 10-15[/quote]

I have the same vid card and I get a little better stats than that, but I think it may be because I have a gig of ram installed. Still, I know its all marketing but i SWEAR this game has something against Radeon cards. Hopefully a nice driver update may fix this.

I am totally digging the single player, but the multiplayer is sort of weak. dont waste your time with it. thats what battelfied/UT2k4 is for anyway.

bread's done
Back