Pantheon, Brad Mcquaid's new MMO

Monthly subscription? No thanks. I mean, if you're going to kickstarter to help get a game funded, at least throw your backers a bone. $35 for just the game and a 30 day card?

Monthly subscription? No thanks. I mean, if you're going to kickstarter to help get a game funded, at least throw your backers a bone. $35 for just the game and a 30 day card?
My problem with your statement is this.. In an age where everything is pre-releasing in beta/alpha, and users still pay 30-60 bucks for it, your questioning a MMO trying to do the same thing? Let's look at it this way, Game is released, I have to spend 60 dollars and I get the same exact thing. So why are you crying over $35? Your saving 25 bucks?

Plus look at the other tiers, which include things like 2 copies, full year paid access, then $1 dollar yearly fee after that.

My problem with your statement is this.. In an age where everything is pre-releasing in beta/alpha, and users still pay 30-60 bucks for it, your questioning a MMO trying to do the same thing? Let's look at it this way, Game is released, I have to spend 60 dollars and I get the same exact thing. So why are you crying over $35? Your saving 25 bucks?

Plus look at the other tiers, which include things like 2 copies, full year paid access, then $1 dollar yearly fee after that.
I disagree. A no-name (sorry, never heard of this guy or his company) is trying to create an MMO with a rather small budget, and that's assuming they have funding outside of the $800,000 they are trying to raise, with cliche'd graphics/art style? Just doesn't appeal to me. I would never pay $50-60 for a game like this.

$50-60 is what we're use to paying because games have publishers, developers, marketing, admin costs, etc. A Kickstarter game usually has far less overhead, which should mean a lower price. That's mainly why I'm not backing Wasteland 2 and their ridiculous price tag of $60.

We'll agree to disagree, but I see a lot of flaws with this game and setup, so I'm simply not interested.

I disagree. A no-name (sorry, never heard of this guy or his company) is trying to create an MMO with a rather small budget, and that's assuming they have funding outside of the $800,000 they are trying to raise, with cliche'd graphics/art style? Just doesn't appeal to me. I would never pay $50-60 for a game like this.

$50-60 is what we're use to paying because games have publishers, developers, marketing, admin costs, etc. A Kickstarter game usually has far less overhead, which should mean a lower price. That's mainly why I'm not backing Wasteland 2 and their ridiculous price tag of $60.

We'll agree to disagree, but I see a lot of flaws with this game and setup, so I'm simply not interested.
Again, maybe read a little more into it before putting out a negative vibe on it. I can understand that this might not be your cup of tea. It's not going to be the game for everyone.

Little background info. Brad Quaid has had a up and down career in making some of the most well known MMO's. He was the original Creator to Everquest, and Vanguard. He also oversee'd production of popular games such as SWG and Planetside 1. The goal from the the kickstarter isn't to gain 100% funding for the project. It's meant to get a base funding to Gauge interest which allows them to find a publisher or other investment ideas.

The game itself is suppose to go back to the roots of MMORPG gameplay. More social community based, less instant dungeon finder. If you played classic EQ or Vanguard, then you will most likely want to check out their ideas for this game.

bread's done
Back