Gamestop: Mystery Coupon Power Up Steal of the Week 2000 Pts

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 GenyaAvacado

GenyaAvacado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Not sure if this has already been posted or if there is a new thread for this. It seems the mystery coupons aren't really a mystery once you redeem them. My coupon is $5 off pre-owned game of $20 or more.  I'll post an attachment for the coupon once I use it.

Coupon Expires 2/19/14.

***UPDATE***

Coupon is no longer available as it was the Steal of the Week, last week

Still haven't used my coupon yet...

#2 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

But isn't it better for the $10 since it's both $10 for 4000 points but the $10 off pre owned has no minimum price?

#3 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

But isn't it better for the $10 since it's both $10 for 4000 points but the $10 off pre owned has no minimum price?

It's actually $5 off for 4000 points usually not $10 but there is no limit on the $5 or $10 which is 8000.

Posted Image

#4 Roxxell

Roxxell

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

I thought that sounded off too, so I checked and it's actually 4000 points for $5 off.

#5 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

When does the coupon expire after you get it?

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

When does the coupon expire after you get it?

It actually shows the expiration date on the coupon page under the "Get It Now" button: 2/9/14.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

My question is it the same "mystery" coupon for everyone?

Knowing gamestop, I have a feeling it is.

Posted Image

#8 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

My question is it the same "mystery" coupon for everyone?

Knowing gamestop, I have a feeling it is.

It always is

#9 GenyaAvacado

GenyaAvacado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the correction, I fixed the original post and added the expiration date. :D/

#10 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

To stack with the the Bday coupon, what's the correct scanning order? TIA I never stacked them before.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#11 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

To stack with the the Bday coupon, what's the correct scanning order? TIA I never stacked them before.

I always give them the $5 off coupon first. Once they scan it I give them the Bday coupon and tell them to scan and see if it will work. They always tell me it won't, but I just tell them to try it anyways.

#12 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

I always give them the $5 off coupon first. Once they scan it I give them the Bday coupon and tell them to scan and see if it will work. They always tell me it won't, but I just tell them to try it anyways.

Cool thanks. I assume the bday discount sit ill applies to the base price.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#13 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Cool thanks. I assume the bday discount sit ill applies to the base price.

With regular $5/$10 off coupons it has.

It's always gone 20% birthday ->$$ off ->10% pur

#14 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

First PUR coupon, then the birthday coupon.

Edit: Be sure they enter your PUR card before they scan the coupons.

#15 SJD

SJD

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

The order I used my coupons today was:

1) Birthday Coupon

2) Pur Card

3) $10 Off Coupon

All applied smoothly.

:ps4:

Mercenary Kings

:ps3:

Final Fantasy X HD

#16 kiddy_pride

kiddy_pride

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

does this $5 off apply to $19.99 games? or does it only apply to $24.99+ games?

#17 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Can you use more than one of these? Would be awesome to use like 4 at once haha

Oh Yah! I will never finish these!

:pc: Diablo 3 :whee:  | :ps4: Outlast :baby:  & COD Ghosts | :xb1: Titanfall & Deadrising  :D/

Looking to rid myself of: (PM ME FOR TRADE)

Skylanders PS4 w/ tons of figurines!, PSP Go White 16GB , Sony Pulse Headset

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008 Model)

#18 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

I have a question regarding the Birthday coupon.  How do I broach the subject?  

Lets say its not even remotely close to my birthday.  Do I just tell them the code?  Do they have a way of checking and do they ever check to make sure that my birthday is in that month?

Just kind of say, "Oh, I've got a birthday coupon that'll work on that.  I don't have it on me, but the code is ......."

I'm a total Cheap Ass, and any help from some fellow CAGS is definitely appreciated.

#19 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Say you have coupon. Give them code. That's it.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#20 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I have a question regarding the Birthday coupon. How do I broach the subject?

Lets say its not even remotely close to my birthday. Do I just tell them the code? Do they have a way of checking and do they ever check to make sure that my birthday is in that month?

Just kind of say, "Oh, I've got a birthday coupon that'll work on that. I don't have it on me, but the code is ......."

I'm a total Cheap Ass, and any help from some fellow CAGS is definitely appreciated.

just print the coupon and let the employee scan it. That's it.

#21 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

YMMV, unless you just push it or something*

Had some girl tell me that she couldn't do anything if I just gave her the code written down, had to pull it up on my phone, and that was a legit coupon, not the b-day one

#22 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

I have a question regarding the Birthday coupon.  How do I broach the subject?  

Lets say its not even remotely close to my birthday.  Do I just tell them the code?  Do they have a way of checking and do they ever check to make sure that my birthday is in that month?

Just kind of say, "Oh, I've got a birthday coupon that'll work on that.  I don't have it on me, but the code is ......."

Remember KISS.  Don't mention birthday or anything, just say I have a coupon and hand it to them. If you have a smart phone, save the image on there and pull it up that way. (that's what I do)

Has anyone tried this on a game under $20 to see if it works? (sometimes they screw up programming it in the system)

Also, has anyone tried using this + a regular $5 off preowned?  Should work since they are two different offer codes.

#23 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

Jimi Hendrix's apprentice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

The selection for games in the 20 dollar range is pretty weak, I seen bioshock infinte for 24.99 and Im suspecting that game to get cheaper very soon. Other than that I'm having a hard time useing this coupon.

#24 desertfox41

desertfox41

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hey does anyone know if that Birthday coupon is hiding somewhere in the forums? I remember when the thread was near the top last month but I can't seem to find it. I knew I should have saved the PDF when I had the chance. I'd really like to stack the 20%+$5 off coupon and my PUR 10% off all together.

#25 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hey does anyone know if that Birthday coupon is hiding somewhere in the forums? I remember when the thread was near the top last month but I can't seem to find it. I knew I should have saved the PDF when I had the chance. I'd really like to stack the 20%+$5 off coupon and my PUR 10% off all together.

I'd like this as well.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#26 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

New Birthday Coupon Available!

Offer valid 12/27/13 through 3/31/14

Image of Whole Coupon

Spoiler

Just the code

Spoiler

#27 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hmm maybe I could do something with this.

#28 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

does this $5 off apply to $19.99 games? or does it only apply to $24.99+ games?

Did you not read the original post at all??

Posted Image Posted Image

#29 gthirst

gthirst

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks guys, I'll be picking up New Super Luigi U preowned. $27.99 - $5 and BDay coupon should be a pretty nice deal.

Assassins Creed 4 for Wii U is only $30 on there as well.  Could snag that for pretty cheap too.  Seeing as to how it's the best non- next gen version I might bite.

#30 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Still wondering: has anyone tried stacking a $5 mystery coupon with a regular $5 off preowned?  Since they are different offer codes, it might work.