Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Amazon Lightning Deals 1/21/14: Knack, Gran Turismo 6, Skylanders SWAP Force Countdown/Zoo Lou Character, Beyond Two Souls, and more...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

IWSXcQy.png

*Eastern Time

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Update:

7VPTVLX.png

Amazon has made some changes to the lightning deals. They have added Beyond Two Souls and moved around the starting time for the Skylander figures. Amazon might continue to change around the starting time for each deal or add more. You can check for the latest information on Amazon's Goldbox page.

Edited by htz, 21 January 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

NO ZUMBA!?

y-u-no-guy.jpg

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: Wolfenstein 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#3 JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Of all the PS4 games they had to pick Knack  :wall:

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Of all the PS4 games they had to pick Knack  :wall:

Hey...it is the one PS4 game I still have interest in but am waiting for $20...I know it won't be $20 but don't think no one wants this game.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 guessed

guessed

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Hey...it is the one PS4 game I still have interest in but am waiting for $20...I know it won't be $20 but don't think no one wants this game.

Pretty much what I was going to write. I doubt it'll be $20, but I'll get it if it is. Would think about it at $25 (since I now pay tax on amazon, that'd be over $27 :( ). Would laugh if it is $40.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#6 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Dont have PS4 yet, but hoping Knack is a PS+ title down the road.

#7 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

For 20 bucks, I'd take a stab at Knack. Doubt it will be lower than 35 though.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#8 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Amazon has made some changes to the lightning deals. They have added Beyond Two Souls and moved around the starting time for the Skylander figures. Amazon might continue to change around the starting time for each deal or add more. You can check for the latest information on Amazon's Goldbox page.

#9 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hoping there are some unannounced lightning deals.  Have no interest Skylanders, don't have PS4 yet, content with my red/black Turtle Beach P11 headphones, and already have Beyond Two Souls.

#10 helava

helava

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Just to warn people away from Knack, it is absolutely awful. It has all the trappings of a kid's game - chintzy character design, pedantic story, awful voice acting, etc. but all the difficulty of a game made for adults, with brutal checkpoints, instant kills (or two-hit kills, etc.). Completely unmemorable level design, repulsive narrative... whatever the price is, it's not worth the space on your hard drive. Stay far, far away. Your money would be better spent just shoving it in the blu-ray drive.

#11 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Just to warn people away from Knack, it is absolutely awful.

It had all those issues but I still enjoyed my time with it.  I wouldn't pay much for it but I still enjoyed it even if it's way too simplified God of War.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: Wolfenstein 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#12 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Beyond Two Souls is the best game of 2013 IMO.  I'd highly recommend it.  The reviewers reviewed a game that has the same sorts of problems as The Walking Dead but somehow The Walking Dead got GOTY in 2012.  The difference here is that there's a female protagonist.  This is the perfect example of cultural bias.  You have a large pool of 22-28 year old single males without children reviewing a game with a female protagonist

Spoiler
  If you look at reviews done by older men or women you'll get a completely different take on the game.  My wife isn't a gamer but she watched me play the entire game.  Here's a similar situation. 

http://www.forbes.co...yond-two-souls/

Spoiler

That was probably longer than it needed to be.  Point is, if you're a single childless male 22-28 don't buy Beyond: Two Souls.  If you're a woman or married man with kids in his 30's or later, you may want to give it a shot.

https://twitter.com/...typd&f=realtime

#13 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Thanks OP. Been getting into Skylanders lately. I'll take Countdown for 7.99. Game is such a change of pace from my usual FPS games.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#14 vig02

vig02

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Beyond Two Souls is the best game of 2013 IMO.  I'd highly recommend it.

While the gameplay isn't for everyone, at a certain price, Beyond Two Souls is definitely worth people's time.  I would not call it the best game of the year but it might be in my top 5.

Also, this game looks amazing.  I think it was probably the best looking console game of 2013.  I played Beyond Two Souls on a 21:9 television (aspect ratio similar to super 35mm film) allowing the game image to fill the entire screen.  Granted I'm seated farther away from the screen, compared to sitting in front of a good PC monitor, but there were times when my jaw was on the floor.  At one point I thought I was still watching a prerendered cut-scene only to eventually realize Ellen Page was standing there doing nothing for too long and the game had given me back control.  Instances like this had me wondering how Beyond Two Souls fares against the better looking PC games I played last year.

Edited by vig02, 21 January 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#15 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

While the gameplay isn't for everyone, at a certain price, Beyond Two Souls is definitely worth people's time.  I would not call it the best game of the year but it might be in my top 5.

Also, this game looks amazing.  I think it was probably the best looking console game of 2013.  I played Beyond Two Souls on a 21:9 television (aspect ratio similar to super 35mm film) allowing the game image to fill the entire screen.  Granted I'm seated farther away from the screen, compared to sitting in front of a good PC monitor, but there were times when my jaw was on the floor.  At one point I thought I was still watching a prerendered cut-scene only to eventually realize Ellen Page was standing there doing nothing for too long and the game had given me back control.  Instances like this had me wondering how Beyond Two Souls fares against the better looking PC games I played last year.

It really does look great. I played through it the. Went to The Last of Us which looks good but as a follow up to B:TS it looked muddy.

#16 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

It had all those issues but I still enjoyed my time with it.  

Same here. It's a solid "B" game. I liked the integration of your friends list for getting items from chests and I thought the controls & graphics were top notch.  I enjoyed it more than any of the other PS4 games I own besides Resogun.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#17 Draconestra

Draconestra

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

I think I'll bite on Knack if it's $40. I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews about it, but since I'm lacking a PS4 library I might as well give this game a shot. It'll probably keep me busy until Second Son comes out.

#18 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I liked Knack.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (17) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#19 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

40 for knack. 

You got me amazon, you got me. Well played.

You built my hopes up and then smashed them into pieces.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#20 Draconestra

Draconestra

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

I decided to bite. Thanks for the heads up OP. Now to take advantage of the Black Flag Digital upgrade. :D

#21 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Knack is first party so I see it being a definite ps+ giveaway in a couple months

#22 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

For the record Knack is fun. I'd say $35 fun.

#23 ZhengMaster

ZhengMaster

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Does anyone know if there's still a way to get the Gamestop exclusive Beyond Two Souls steelbook?

#24 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Does anyone know if there's still a way to get the Gamestop exclusive Beyond Two Souls steelbook?

Go to Gamestop?

#25 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Knack is first party so I see it being a definite ps+ giveaway in a couple months

I loaded up on 3 years worth PS+ for the freebies so I can wait. :)

#26 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I have seen so many predictions of various games going to PS+ over the past couple of years and only about 1% of them have been correct.  That being said, it does seem more likely than other titles but I would guess it will still be quite awhile since the PS+ plan for PS4 seems to be indie games.  I guess I just added another prediction (sort of). :)

#27 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I've seen them used at GameStop with the SteelBook. Just go into the local stores around you and check?

SnoT8282.png

#28 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

$34.99 for GT6

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#29 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Beyond Two Souls is the best game of 2013 IMO.  I'd highly recommend it.  The reviewers reviewed a game that has the same sorts of problems as The Walking Dead but somehow The Walking Dead got GOTY in 2012.  The difference here is that there's a female protagonist.  This is the perfect example of cultural bias.  You have a large pool of 22-28 year old single males without children reviewing a game with a female protagonist

Spoiler
  If you look at reviews done by older men or women you'll get a completely different take on the game.  My wife isn't a gamer but she watched me play the entire game.  Here's a similar situation. 

http://www.forbes.co...yond-two-souls/

Spoiler

That was probably longer than it needed to be.  Point is, if you're a single childless male 22-28 don't buy Beyond: Two Souls.  If you're a woman or married man with kids in his 30's or later, you may want to give it a shot.

https://twitter.com/...typd&f=realtime

I, uh, what? I don't think the poor reception has anything to do with there being a female protagonist. I haven't actually played it, but the negative reviews I've seen have said that there isn't much game to it, your choices don't make much a difference, and the story is shitty with poor writing (having played Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy this all sounds pretty plausible). I'm not gonna pretend that there aren't gender bias issues in the video game industry, but I think it is pretty silly to blame bad reviews on it (female protagonists affect sales much more than critical reception).

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#30 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

And I was hoping for a $25 GT6, oh well, off to work then.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png