TurboTax - $10-$15 Off for Prime Members + 10% bonus if you use your refund to buy Amazon Gift Cards

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/3003491

TurboTax with Refund Bonus Offer* - It's Like Getting Paid to do Your Taxes
Receive up to 10% on top of your Federal Tax Refund when you file with TurboTax and use some (or all) of your Federal Refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card from TurboTax.

• So $500 of Federal Refund could purchase a $550 Amazon.com Gift Card
  • Use any increment of $100 from your Federal Tax Return to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card
  • Learn more below

Amazon incentives aside, does anyone care to share personal experiences with turbotax in previous years? Is it truly as easy to use and reliable as the commercials claim? H&R Block cost me almost double what my refund ended up being last year, so a sub $50 pricetag for doing it myself with turbotax is pretty enticing by itself without even considering the bonuses here...

Amazon incentives aside, does anyone care to share personal experiences with turbotax in previous years? Is it truly as easy to use and reliable as the commercials claim? H&R Block cost me almost double what my refund ended up being last year, so a sub $50 pricetag for doing it myself with turbotax is pretty enticing by itself without even considering the bonuses here...
I do my girlfriend's taxes with turbotax because she has very few deductions to account for. I'm not a tax code expert or a finance major or anything along those lines and I've always found it very easy. All I need, IIRC, is her W-2 and the form that we get from the DOE that states the amount of interest she's paid on her student loans the previous calendar year and we're all set. We usually get the refund within a 5-7 days to our bank account.

I would go onto the IRS website first as if you meet the income qualifications, you can file online for free.  The programs available will take you through step by step to prepare your return.  That way you can determine if buying Turbo Tax is worth the extra 10% bump in Amazon Gift Cards if you are blessed enough to receive a refund.  There's another IRS website where you can file for free with no income limit, but you have to know you way around a tax form as you have to prepare the form yourself & submit it electronically.

It is very easy to use, they take you step-by-step through the various types of income, expenses, deductions, etc. Though since I don't have a mortgage and no children it's always a better deal for me to do the standard deduction instead of itemizing so that makes it even quicker to get through. Then if you get turbotax next year all that job information stuff is already entered and you just have to update yearly income which makes the process even quicker.

I've had good experiences with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own a house and I don't have itemized deductions either.  So every year for the past 5 years, I've been using Turbo Tax to do my taxes. Worked great, easy and painless every time.

I don't own a house and I don't have itemized deductions either. So every year for the past 5 years, I've been using Turbo Tax to do my taxes. Worked great, easy and painless every time.
I also use TurboTax every year. And you get your refund a lot faster. I will have mine this Thursday!!

I did taxes for the first time this year and chose to use TurboTax.

Only deductions I had to claim were related to interest paid om my student loans.

Very simple. My final oop expense was $15. This was for filing state taxes. Apparently that was a sale price as my fiancee did hers yesterday and paid $28 for same service.

bread's done
Back