Wii U 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario U & Super Luigi U $259.99 at eBay from Buy

I sure hope they do not go to smartphones.  I want Zelda and Mario on my TV not a 3 inch screen.  Maybe Microsoft or Sony would buy them just to own the Intellectual Property. 

Nintendo really missed the mark.  If you are going after casual gamers you have to offer a low priced product!  $249 is the high mark for casual gamers.  Personally I think it's $199 but the Wii sold at $249. 

Also the Wii U name is terrible. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks they charge tax. Also, Nintendo isn't going to smartphones. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I've been hearing "Nintendo is doomed!" since they backed out on that SNES CD deal with Sony.

I never understood why Nintendo choose the steep beginning price to begin with for the Nintendo wii u especially after their track record of their beginning prices for their other systems that were a lot better but started out cheaper usually at $200 which is what the wii u should of started out at

launch prices-

Nintendo wii u $349.99 for deluxe and $299.99 for basic

Nintendo Wii : $249.99

Nintendo Gamecube: $199.99

Nintendo 64 : $199.99

Super Nintendo $199.99

Original Nintendo $199.99 for deluxe which even came with two controllers a light gun and two game packs or even the basic set was a sub $100 price tag priced at $89.99

I never understood why Nintendo choose the steep beginning price to begin with for the Nintendo wii u especially after their track record of their beginning prices for their other systems that were a lot better but started out cheaper usually at $200 which is what the wii u should of started out at

launch prices-
Nintendo wii u $349.99 for deluxe and $299.99 for basic
Nintendo Wii : $249.99
Nintendo Gamecube: $199.99
Nintendo 64 : $199.99
Super Nintendo $199.99
Original Nintendo $199.99 for deluxe which even came with two controllers a light gun and two game packs or even the basic set was a sub $100 price tag priced at $89.99
You can't compare NES, SNES or even Gamecube pricing to Wii U. Too much time and inflation.

At least this is a better deal than the Skylanders bundle with it's anemic 8gb of flash storage. Still, it's likely the 32gb bundle will go down to $200 or less in 2014, just to move it off of shelves and out of warehouses. Shame they didn't put more power/features into the console itself, but its clear from their advertising/promo images that the gamepad was supposed to be the big selling point for the system (just look at all the system pics, they show the gamepad up front/larger, and the console as almost an afterthought, behind it).

You can't compare NES, SNES or even Gamecube pricing to Wii U. Too much time and inflation.
yes I know inflation but still they could of left the tablet controller out I mean it a nice add on but the battery does drain out fast especially playing Zelda wind waker and priced the new system at $200 with out the tablet and timed it to release with the 3ds with a firmware update allowing the 3ds to work the same way as the tablet controller when synched allowing cross capability and allow all the new wii systems game be able to be played without the 3ds but when synched with the 3ds allow special features and interactive features to unlocked that way they could of maybe sold twice as many of both systems pricing the new wii system at the $200 and 3ds at it original $200 then during holidays offered holiday bundles where you could buy both together for a $50 or $75 off making the bundle like $325 or $350 the same price the wii u started off anyhow on it own the price is what held me off from buying the wii u until I was able to buy a wii u Zelda wind waker brand new for $190 last month which I bought for the Nintendo first party games

I would still wait on this deal until it was $50 cheaper.... plus a few days ago in the UK the Wii U got a price cut so who knows if we might see another price drop here in the States soon.

I want a WiiU but Im waiting for that sweet $199 price tag. With all these rumors going around and about how bad the WiiU is selling Im willing to hold out until a price drop if anything else.

Some goods have inflated over time, but electronics really have not. Electronics actually keep getting cheaper and cheaper.

Like the other guy said, the tablet controller probably has something to do with it. But even the tablet is rather "cheap" tech - it is not cutting edge. This pricing has more to do with Nintendo being conservative, and not willing to take a "per-unit" hardware loss which traditionally manufacturers have often done. I think Nintendo saw $$$ signs in their eyes after the original Wii launch - so they wanted a higher price to maintain profit margins. That strategy backfired on them. Wii-U is basically viewed as a last gen console, but at launch and during it's 1st 2 holidays it cost $100-150 more than the other last gen consoles.

As it gets closer to $199-250, it can be competitive - but I'm not sure it will ever be able to reach critical mass with how poor it's start is.

Since Nintendo posted dismal profits, going to wait to see what happens before buying a wii u...
Just some perspective- Sony's been posting bigger losses than Nintendo, and for the better part of the last decade too. Not to mention Nintendo's 3DS is outselling PS4, and the Wii U has almost surpassed Vita in half the time (THAT'S perspective for you). Nintendo has 12 BILLION cash in the bank, not counting assets. They could have another 50 consecutive sales years like 2013 was for Wii U, and STILL be in the black. That was just one fiscal year operating budget loss, that we all knew was coming. I mean, it's not like we didn't already know Wii U wasn't selling too hot. It's like a millionaire losing a $5 bill, and you're waiting to see if he can still pay his rent...?

The quality of the console and library has nothing to do with its' popularity. If you just buy consoles that are popular and hot selling items, you're gonna miss the best part of gaming. The Wii U's worst days are behind it. It was that huge drought in 2013 that hit it hard, but now that the library's filling out, it's only going up from here. But even if it doesn't, which is highly unlikely, but let's just pretend Wii U never sells better, even with the hordes of critically acclaimed games it blanket bombs the system with over the next 5 years, the Wii U still isn't going anywhere, and Nintendo will still support the console regardless. If you don't want to buy a Wii U, that's fine, but don't use a ridiculous excuse for it. Nintendo is a multibillion dollar corporation. That loss was pocket change.

I want a WiiU but Im waiting for that sweet $199 price tag. With all these rumors going around and about how bad the WiiU is selling Im willing to hold out until a price drop if anything else.
The price drop already came. It was $350. They're selling at a loss right now. Don't expect it to drop any further for several years, especially since it just sold 2 million consoles over the holiday season. Just sayin.

The price drop already came. It was $350. They're selling at a loss right now. Don't expect it to drop any further for several years, especially since it just sold 2 million consoles over the holiday season. Just sayin.
And the Mario and Luigi bundle was sold for $249.99 at least twice before Nintendo made yet another announcement of a possible price drop.

Just some perspective- Sony's been posting bigger losses than Nintendo, and for the better part of the last decade too. Not to mention Nintendo's 3DS is outselling PS4, and the Wii U has almost surpassed Vita in half the time (THAT'S perspective for you). Nintendo has 12 BILLION cash in the bank, not counting assets. They could have another 50 consecutive sales years like 2013 was for Wii U, and STILL be in the black. That was just one fiscal year operating budget loss, that we all knew was coming. I mean, it's not like we didn't already know Wii U wasn't selling too hot. It's like a millionaire losing a $5 bill, and you're waiting to see if he can still pay his rent...?

The quality of the console and library has nothing to do with its' popularity. If you just buy consoles that are popular and hot selling items, you're gonna miss the best part of gaming. The Wii U's worst days are behind it. It was that huge drought in 2013 that hit it hard, but now that the library's filling out, it's only going up from here. But even if it doesn't, which is highly unlikely, but let's just pretend Wii U never sells better, even with the hordes of critically acclaimed games it blanket bombs the system with over the next 5 years, the Wii U still isn't going anywhere, and Nintendo will still support the console regardless. If you don't want to buy a Wii U, that's fine, but don't use a ridiculous excuse for it. Nintendo is a multibillion dollar corporation. That loss was pocket change.
ok9wxz.jpg

Wii U only sold 2.3 million between april 2013 -December 2013. Wii U didn't sell 2 million console over holiday season.

bread's done
Back