Xbox One repackage at Target: $350.01

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Ebegebee

Ebegebee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

I noticed about 3-4 Xbox Ones marked as a repackage for $350.01 at my local Target store.

I understand these are return items, however does anyone have any experience with these or other repackage items? Will they let you examine before you purchase, and also what is the return policy if there are parts missing or it doesn't work?

Also, forgive me if this is the wrong place for the topic. I have not been on the site in awhile.

#2 Babymustachio

Babymustachio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Whhhaattt?! That is a hell of a deal. I would assume you could return it if something was wrong

#3 ItzWang

ItzWang

An Orginal CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Still worth it regardless

#4 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

May I ask what store? Targets return policy is very good so you shouldn't have a problem.

#5 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

I would be all over that if it were at my local target. Yes please tell us what location

#6 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Dai-Gurren

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

That's pretty incredible. Hop on that while they are still there. If any smart electronics team member sees those they'll send them back to guest service/back to pricing to send back to manufacturer. Target isn't supposed to repackage those particular items.

#7 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

Buy that in two seconds! My local Target is sitting on a PS3 repackage for $175. I don't recall which model, but clearly not the deal this is.

#8 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

I've bought plenty of repackaged stuff, the last being an Apple-branded iPad charger with Thunderbolt cable. Box was torn apart and taped back together, but items inside were clearly brand new. Dirt cheap, too. Might've been $7.50.

YMMV with a more complicated item like XB1.

#9 Ebegebee

Ebegebee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

This was at the Monroe, Louisiana location. Thanks everyone for the advice.

#10 dagame92

dagame92

Raider Nation Citizen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

What's the deal with the .01?

#11 lakers714

lakers714

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

I noticed about 3-4 Xbox Ones marked as a repackage for $350.01 at my local Target store.

I understand these are return items, however does anyone have any experience with these or other repackage items? Will they let you examine before you purchase, and also what is the return policy if there are parts missing or it doesn't work?

Also, forgive me if this is the wrong place for the topic. I have not been on the site in awhile.

Where were the consoles at?? Where they in the glass cabinets??

valleyfalcons.png

#12 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

Well looks like I'll be on the lookout for one. Was gonna wait and get one after a price drop but I can live with a cheaper repackaged item.

#13 JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

My Target never has anything like this but I'mma go check in the morning. I'd jump all over it at that price.

#14 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

I'm surprise someone hasn't starting bitching about YMMV. Well, I got it out if the way :P. Great deal if you can find one!

#15 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

You know what, I saw some PS2's at a Target. I bet that's what those were.

#16 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Just wait until it hits 70% off =]

#17 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Dai-Gurren

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

I've bought plenty of repackaged stuff, the last being an Apple-branded iPad charger with Thunderbolt cable. Box was torn apart and taped back together, but items inside were clearly brand new. Dirt cheap, too. Might've been $7.50.

YMMV with a more complicated item like XB1.

of course they'll sell it to you if it's on the sales floor. no one will stop you from making the purchase. my point is it's not supposed to hit the sales floor like that. (That's actually why more people aren't finding many more of them as repackaged) Target gets in many opened ipads/xbox 1s/etc opened as returns all the time. they're supposed to be sent back to manufacturer. Target's proper procedure for something like the Xboxes etc is to CRC them.

The reason why people occasionally find items like this as repackaged and on the sales floor, is because the computer won't pick it up automatically; the employee doing the return is supposed to do it. Items like this leak through becuase someone may be filling in for the day or most commonly seasonal employees/new hires don't always know this immediately. Hence why you'll find more items like this around the holidays. It's a lucky break for us of course because we get some awesome deals through their mistakes.

#18 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

This thing is so YMMV that I'd be surprised if another Target in the country had the same deal. BUY ALL OF THEM AND PM ME PLZ.  :pray:

Ugly, like you.

#19 RandomHabit

RandomHabit

Dai-Gurren

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

heck buy them to flip them. i'm sure there are plenty of people willing to pay 450-500 tax free on those

#20 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Make sure you pay cash, don't use a card, mine got nailed, dirty b*stards!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

heck buy them to flip them. i'm sure there are plenty of people willing to pay 450-500 tax free on those

Meh. Flipping a big ass (and "returned/opened") console hardly seems worth $100. Especially if you are talking shipping it or ebay, but I wouldn't even want to do craiglist either. 

#22 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

I picked one up at this price right after Christmas.  There were two and the picture is of the one I didn't buy (so no worries there) this should verify the 350.01 price on "repackaged" xbones.

photo7_zps3890d97f.jpg

#23 lakers714

lakers714

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

I just checked mine and they had a repackage one for 450 lol

valleyfalcons.png

#24 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

So pretty much we have to go instore then to fine one? If so I may try it. If I find one I'll buy it and sell the Kinect.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#25 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

There are 2 at a nearby store that are both Day One boxes, but it's clear that both have been opened. No clear Repackage tag on either, but this is at a more ghetto Target. I never asked if they were marked down because of the condition of the boxes. Very suspect.

#26 lakers714

lakers714

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

There are 2 at a nearby store that are both Day One boxes, but it's clear that both have been opened. No clear Repackage tag on either, but this is at a more ghetto Target. I never asked if they were marked down because of the condition of the boxes. Very suspect.

Tell them if they are opened to give you a repacked price if they can 

valleyfalcons.png

#27 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Already have One(hurr, hur...), but I'm always aware of what's available. More interested in the clearance motorized toddler riding vehicles right now.

#28 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Definitely stopping at 3 or maybe 4 targets tomorrow since they are on my way to work. Was not interested at $500 but I'll bite at $350

#29 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Almost seems like a mistake, $350 is a damn steal.

#30 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

What store? I want to buy my plane ticket and get going asap! :P