Skylanders Lunch Box Tin .99@ BBY *DEAD FOR SHIPPING*

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
79 cents but what the hell will I do with it? Available for in store pickup...
Well it sounds like it's big enough to keep some Skylanders in so that's plan A. If that's not the case my plan B is to use it to hold miscellaneous bits. Started using these sorts of things to have little items around without having loose stuff everywhere or collect things like foldout maps into one location.

Thanks Eldritch, I was also able to grab a skylanders giants backpack instore for $5. I won't tell you how much I spent this week on skylanders, I would lose my CAG membership card... It was all deals tho, at least 20% gcu and 60/get free swap figure, but still, way way more than I should have spent on essentially trophy less dlc. Plus they had all adventure packs from 25 to 20, then that turns into 16, and my willpower turns to butter. My son likes the toys even if he isn't playing the game, so its all good. Peace

any advice on whether to get this battle station or not? some say it doesnt fit with the new swap force portal, but it seems awesome and from 40 to 10... eh idk... anyone have it? 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skylanders-battle-arena/6632323.p?id=1218767478536&skuId=6632323&st=skylanders%20battle%20station&cp=1&lp=2

Thanks Eldritch, I was also able to grab a skylanders giants backpack instore for $5. I won't tell you how much I spent this week on skylanders, I would lose my CAG membership card... It was all deals tho, at least 20% gcu and 60/get free swap figure, but still, way way more than I should have spent on essentially trophy less dlc. My son likes the toys even if he isn't playing the game, so its all good. Peace
I get it, we've barely touched Skylanders since the summer and I bought nearly the whole first release of Swap Force characters. Even getting them off AWD for 2/3s retail it ended up being way too much.

Won't fit the new portal since it's a bigger foot print. Seems like an OK way to store them if you want to display them at the same time.

Thanks Eldritch, I was also able to grab a skylanders giants backpack instore for $5. I won't tell you how much I spent this week on skylanders, I would lose my CAG membership card... It was all deals tho, at least 20% gcu and 60/get free swap figure, but still, way way more than I should have spent on essentially trophy less dlc. Plus they had all adventure packs from 25 to 20, then that turns into 16, and my willpower turns to butter. My son likes the toys even if he isn't playing the game, so its all good. Peace

any advice on whether to get this battle station or not? some say it doesnt fit with the new swap force portal, but it seems awesome and from 40 to 10... eh idk... anyone have it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skylanders-battle-arena/6632323.p?id=1218767478536&skuId=6632323&st=skylanders%20battle%20station&cp=1&lp=2
Did you find Sheep Wreck Island at Best Buy?

Be cool if it was a Giant Skylanders lunchbox, but it's only a Skylanders: Giants lunchbox.  Pretty small and flimsy from the reviews too:

Thought i was going to get this nice lunchbox to hold my sandwich, chips, cookies and my drink. When I picked it up I laughed and said my sandwich wouldn't even fit in that, I guess they meant a lunch for your little skylander.. But hey it looks cute.

Yeah im gonna skip that battle station. I was reading reviews on amazon and it's $27 prime there, so i thought 9.99 would be a deal, but if it doesnt fit the new portal, and my old wireless portal is messing up, then ill just save the money. 

They didn't have sheepwreck island (my son loves robots, so i wanted that windup), but they did have Tower of Time with Popthorn and they did have the silver bb exclusive sprocket, but it looked horrible. I got all the triple packs and adventure sets they had. I took everything they had except Hoot Loop. I have problems. ;)

also they really must have saved money on that cheap glue cuz I have never seen so many skylander cases with the plastic just falling off the front. Hopefully lots of these get recycled through AWD or something, cuz lots of packages were destroyed and the toys were just chilln. Tragicvesty

I beat the game last night yet I can't shake the urge to buy all the remaining Swappers I'm missing along with Sheep Wreck Island. FML

My 9 y/o daughter beat the game when I wasn't looking the other day. I am trying to 100% them in order, spyro/giants/swap. I walked in when she had just beaten swapforce and walked right back out, lol. My son and her spend most of their time in woodburrow/dreadnaught/etc, just in the game portal hub walking around and having fun, lol. I guess the puzzles etc arent that hard if she beat it solo ;) n yeah, my son just loves swapping them. Robot with wheel, robot with jet, octopus with snake tail, it is so crazy ;)

I'm also looking everywhere for a WRECKING BALL and a HOT DOG. Anyone have any luck? I know they have a new series Fire Bone HOT DOG, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe not released yet? I need those and TrapShadow/StinkBomb as a sneak type. 

Thanks ordered two for gifts for friend I know from XBOX Live. He and his sister and both big into Skylanders so it'll be a nice surprise on their doorstep in a few days. Free shipping on both, and a total of like $1.70. Easily worth it.

Oh and for anyone with GCU thinking about going crazy and ordering 20 of these remember that ordering more than three can get your account banned.

I'm also looking everywhere for a WRECKING BALL and a HOT DOG. Anyone have any luck? I know they have a new series Fire Bone HOT DOG, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe not released yet? I need those and TrapShadow/StinkBomb as a sneak type.
Only place you'll find them is TRU. Every other retailer is so dry on everything but the worst of the unsold excess. Wrecking Ball is usually only seen in a 3-pack nowadays, but it's not impossible to find...like Series 1 Wham Shell was.

I'm still annoyed at myself for buying and then returning a Molten Hot Dog because "$10 seems like too much for a regular figure when I'm able to get Swarm for $3 from Amazon" - said me with my bad logic back before Swap Force happened.

More bad logic: "Target has like 10 of these Granite Crushers! I'm not gonna buy any to keep sealed for profit later, they won't be worth anything" - said me the first week of release

and then: "I'm definitely getting a Legendary Free Ranger from TRU this time, it'd definitely going to be rare/sold out" - said me when I didn't like the gold/black as much as the regular colors...it's still available to order from TRU.com, land of "only available in-store" for almost everything.

I'm still annoyed at myself for buying and then returning a Molten Hot Dog because "$10 seems like too much for a regular figure when I'm able to get Swarm for $3 from Amazon" - said me with my bad logic back before Swap Force happened.
I feel bad for you. It's almost like Vigilante (or maybe it was Hemi) who had a gold or silver Flameslinger and had no idea what they had.

Only place you'll find them is TRU. Every other retailer is so dry on everything but the worst of the unsold excess. Wrecking Ball is usually only seen in a 3-pack nowadays, but it's not impossible to find...like Series 1 Wham Shell was.

More bad logic: "Target has like 10 of these Granite Crushers! I'm not gonna buy any to keep sealed for profit later, they won't be worth anything" - said me the first week of release

and then: "I'm definitely getting a Legendary Free Ranger from TRU this time, it'd definitely going to be rare/sold out" - said me when I didn't like the gold/black as much as the regular colors...it's still available to order from TRU.com, land of "only available in-store" for almost everything.
Its a hit and a miss, they remade some gold editions ones at toysrus and they came down in price. Just depends tbh.

Also lol when someone comes in here bitching because eldrich put the GCU price.

lol "Not everyone has GCU."

That's their problem, not mine. I'll flaunt my GCU all day long.

I'm so glad I didn't fall for the legendaries this time around. The first two games they were butt ugly but fairly rare so they were gone instantly and still valuable but this time I think they realized they could make a crap ton and people would still buy them up without realizing because they would expect them to become valuable again.

Here is a video of a guy showing the lunchbox. It doesn't start until half way in, so I made a URL at that point in that video

http://youtu.be/BqeZ_ZE4-jQ?t=1m42s

EDIT: Doesn't seem like it jumps to the right time, but at around 1:42 is when he shows the lunch box. Also it seems this one is different. I dunno....take it for what it's worth.

From what I can tell from working at Toys R Us, it looks like there is at least one more wave of figures to be released before they're all available - Trap Shadow and Hot Dog among them. Stink Bomb released a week or two as part of wave 3.

Just an fyi, saw this in store and it's seriously tiny. Wouldn't fit a sandwich or be usable for anything other than maybe holding a single figure (or buttons/coins/stuff like that). It's a decent stocking stuffer to go with a gift but don't send it to someone or pick it up for yourself expecting a real lunchbox size/type item. That's not what this is...

Just an fyi, saw this in store and it's seriously tiny. Wouldn't fit a sandwich or be usable for anything other than maybe holding a single figure (or buttons/coins/stuff like that). It's a decent stocking stuffer to go with a gift but don't send it to someone or pick it up for yourself expecting a real lunchbox size/type item. That's not what this is...
But it's a dollar

I bought one because I had some credit...if anything, its just another trinket to add to my useless video game trinkets.

Ordered one last night, it'll be nice to store all the Skylander cards and stickers.

And yes, the Fire bone Hot Dog has yet to be released. There'll probably be one if not 2 more waves as that guy said. We're still missing
Fire Bone Hot Dog
Trap Shadow
Doom Stone
Freeze Blade
Fryno
Scratch
Blizzard Chill
Turbo Jet Vac

Some hawt skylanders pr0n for you bros. Found this guy at a Toys R Us on a trip to Maui. 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23627]

bread's done
Back