Xbox One Controller Battery Packs

ColFantastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I'm finally pulling the trigger on a second controller so my GF and I can play Lego Marvel and DR3. So far, I've been rotating 4 rechargeable AA batteries for my controller but don't want to be stuck powerless when we're playing co-op.

What have you folks done for battery packs for your controllers? I was going to stop by my local BBY tomorrow and pick up a controller and battery pack. There are a few 3rd party models out there. Energizer makes a 2 battery pack and charging station model for $30. Insignia makes a  2 pack and charging station model for $25. Nyko also makes a similar model for $35 with 2 batteries and charging station. I could always pick up the controller/play and charge kit and pick up ANOTHER play and charge kit. Would be $45 for the two Microsoft Play n Charge kits basically.

Has anyone else had battery experience with any of these 3rd party vendors? Good? Bad?

You don't have a micro usb cable? The xbox one controllers are different from the 360...plugging in a simple micro-usb cable turns it into a wired controller. It would be the cheapest option. Using batteries on the xbox one controller is great...they seem to last a long time so you might not run into dying batteries and if you do, you can just switch to wired.

Also, DR3 doesn't have offline co-op and if thats what you were looking forward to.

Yes I have micro usb cables and I know I can turn X1 into wired but none of the cables are long enough to reach from my X1 to my couch comfortably. I really like my X360 rechargeable battery packs and want to get those for my next-gen system.

I didn't realize DR3 was online co-op only. No big loss, Lego Marvel was the big game we wanted to play co-op.

I would recommend getting the charge and play kit. My local BB has them as open box so $15 off. Check their if you're looking for one

Forget all that and get the Nyko charge base. I have it for both the 360 and X1 and they work like a charm. $30 ish for the base and two battery packs. I couldn't be happier with it and I haven't bought batteries (for controllers) in years.

bread's done
Back