YMMV - Best Buy Green Tag Sale (50% off select titles)

Walking through BB yesterday, and I noticed a large rack of games that were 50% off normal price. Each of the games were marked with a green sticker that qualified them as part of the sale, and the sales rack looked like it had been picked over quite a few times. That part is surprising, since my Best Buy usually manages to escape El Hoardo.

Here are some of the titles I saw:

Remember Me

SSX

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Defiance

Resident Evil 6

Tomb Raider

DJ Hero 2

PS3

Remember Me

NCAA Football 12

Uncharted 2

There were quite a few more titles for both systems, but I only picked up SXX and ZOE - $13.88 after tax. Has anyone else seen this green dot sale? My purchase (perhaps because of the major discounts) required a manager override, but it was clearly marked in the store and she knew exactly what games were on sale.

Is something like this regional? I didn't think stores had the autonomy to decide what qualifies for a specific sale like this one. I will head back to the store today to see what else qualifies - I'll help any CAGs that want one of the listed titles.

Either way - happy hunting, CAG. [attachment=2569:photo.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is likely YMMV and at manager discretion. Out of the 3 Best Buys I frequent in my area, only one ever does this. This store is always overstocked/likely doesn't sell enough games, so they end up putting these games out for a discount to likely clear shelf space.  

This is likely YMMV and at manager discretion. Out of the 3 Best Buys I frequent in my area, only one ever does this. This store is always overstocked/likely doesn't sell enough games, so they end up putting these games out for a discount to likely clear shelf space.
I thought that might be the case, but, in the four years I've visited this particular store, it's the first time I've ever seen a clearance like this one. Games are typically sent back to a warehouse, from what I've seen.

But yeah - definitely YMMV. :whistle2:

I've seen this a few times, sometimes there is a sign saying 50% off, other times not, and just random games have green stickers on them.  I don't know if they will even ring up half off without override or it's a YMMV and expired sale that they forgot to remove stickers from.  But the bestbuy price tag on the game is usually some old $59.99 msrp or something higher than whatever the current price should be without the sale so nothing really stood out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this a few times, sometimes there is a sign saying 50% off, other times not, and just random games have green stickers on them. I don't know if they will even ring up half off without override or it's a YMMV and expired sale that they forgot to remove stickers from. But the bestbuy price tag on the game is usually some old $59.99 msrp or something higher than whatever the current price should be without the sale so nothing really stood out.
just an fyi, the sale prices are usually active on these games, so you cant really trust the price tag on the game. the local best buy here had a huge amount of games on this promo last year, and whenever they had a sale the games would ring up the sale price and then they gave me half off that. ie tiger woods 14 masters edition for $15 i believe it was.

bread's done
Back