#1 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

#2 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Vita version is too. Saw it in-store with a 21.99 new sticker. Clearly a gutted copy with about 4 stickers on it so I passed.

#3 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

I submitted both prices to Amazon along with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Vita but I'm guessing they won't match given that GS.com is out of stock.  Don't really want to deal with gutted copies at the local store.

#4 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Anyone have the bday coupon for Feb?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#5 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Damn, thank you OP! I've been waiting for this for cheap. Surely a local store (or three) have this.

#6 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

This is a really good price! I bought it when it was $27.99 used. No regrets. It's a fun game.

Posted Image

#7 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Vita version is too. Saw it in-store with a 21.99 new sticker. Clearly a gutted copy with about 4 stickers on it so I passed.

Vita version isn't the same thing, it's equivalent to vanilla DoA 5.

#8 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Not correct.  The Vita version has several new modes and other features unique to the Vita.  Ultimate is pretty much DoA5 with some new characters and skins.  

#9 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Not correct.  The Vita version has several new modes and other features unique to the Vita.  Ultimate is pretty much DoA5 with some new characters and skins.  

^this.

DOA5 is called DOA5 Plus on the vita because it comes with extra modes such as combo training which was not in the vanilla version. It also had some changes to moves and inputs.

As for the definitive version, DOA5U is obviously the best.

#10 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Checked all 4 at my local store. None of them available. However, I can go in there and have them get it shipped to my store.... just like they did Mugen Souls for me!!

#11 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

I hope to god amazon price matches cuz roughly $20 is my price range (cuz i have the damn special edition of DOA5 and didnt know an ultimate was coming) and with Leon being my main character i have to get it at some point. Plus i have $85 in xmas gift cards just sittin there.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#12 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

Still hoping for a next gen version . On the X1 and all I have is KI /firstworldproblems

#13 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

I had planned to buy this a while back but am no longer interested.  I bought the original release a while back not long after it came out.  The problem is this ultimate edition isn't really that ultimate.  Tecmo added few fighters but no new story content so really, beyond some costumes and the fighters there is nothing new here.  If you have the initial release, it's just not worth the upgrade.

#14 Donald Exit

Donald Exit

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

i think this is the one that doesn't expire for a long time but honestly i don't remember 100% if someone knows for sure please post

http://postimg.org/image/h040ki99j/

#15 PantsuRaid

PantsuRaid

nyanpantsu~

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

I shall wait for the ultimate-ultimate edition. I have vanilla, so paying $20 for a few skins and characters isn't looking like a smart choice...

#16 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Also the game requires an online pass, so if you got a used version your outta luck on that! You'll end up paying more since the pass is about $10 on the store

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 Donald Exit

Donald Exit

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

Also the game requires an online pass, so if you got a used version your outta luck on that! You'll end up paying more since the pass is about $10 on the store

wow yeah this is not a good deal, im sure it will drop to around 10 new during a microsoft sale or something

#18 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

Anyone have the bday coupon for Feb?

Expires 2/28/14

PwkrrB8.png

Also, anyone care to explain how Ultimate is different from vanilla?

#19 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

wow yeah this is not a good deal, im sure it will drop to around 10 new during a microsoft sale or something

Seeing how you can still find the original DOA ultimate for $10 on Amazon and my local store still has tons of DOA 5 vanilla for $10. I would just hold out till the price drops more.

If anyone cares here's the link the the vanilla version

PS3

http://www.gamestop....-alive-5/100136

http://www.gamestop....-alive-5/100137

#20 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

You guys might want to do ten seconds of Google research before spreading false information. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate does NOT require an online pass.

#21 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, I can't even make out what CaoPi types half the time. I'm not even going to try to guess what the above post means.

The only Tecmo Koei games that require an online pass are DOA5 vanilla, Ninja Gaiden 3, and NG3: Razor's Edge as far as I know.

#22 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

in for a gutted copy, since there are no preowned ones here

#23 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

That's horrible, I wouldn't know since I'm not a handheld fan by any means 

#24 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Check Amazon, it's 21.99!