Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Republique First Episode + Season Pass 5.98 (First Episode 4.99 Season Pass 0.99) 1-31-14 to 2-1-14

Republique iOS Deal Cheap

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Neku233

Neku233

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Description says it all you can buy the first episode for 4.99 and get the season pass which is the 4 upcoming episodes and extras for .99 (Usually 14.99) but just for 48 hours

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Pretty good sale.

#3 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

It's not supposed to be a sale and backers were specifically asked not to share this information.  It was designed as a work around to assure backers got access to the season pass as it was a problem for them to purchase individual licenses for everyone.  

#4 Neku233

Neku233

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

It's not supposed to be a sale and backers were specifically asked not to share this information.  It was designed as a work around to assure backers got access to the season pass as it was a problem for them to purchase individual licenses for everyone.  

Oh man I didn't know well now everyone gets to benefit (btw I was not a backer)

#5 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

Oh man I didn't know well now everyone gets to benefit (btw I was not a backer)

I'm sorry, but that is really crappy.  You're hurting a developer that actually delivered a great product by spreading this info against their wishes.  

#6 monkeymanofmars

monkeymanofmars

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

So... When is it coming to pc?

#7 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

I'm sorry, but that is really crappy.  You're hurting a developer that actually delivered a great product by spreading this info against their wishes.  

I would guess that the Toucharcade article is attracting a lot more traffic to the app than this little post is.

Also:

If there are those who do take issue with having to spend a dollar for something that was supposed to be free, then they'll be able to seek reimbursement from Camouflaj through PayPal.

Posted Image

#8 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

I would guess that the Toucharcade article is attracting a lot more traffic to the app than this little post is.

Also:

Wow, how do they rationalize that? Looks like they are going the Gawker route in news. 

#9 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

We are all posting on a site that shares deals and coupon codes that may or may not be intended for the general public. Newsletter or subscriber-exclusive deals are nothing new and shared all the time here.

#10 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

My guess is this is intentional. They are getting people talking about their game (I had never heard of it but am now interested), and buyers paying $6 who previously wouldn't have bought it.

I use a similar technique with my kids "Don't eat those vegetables! stop, I didn't mean to give you that many! Oh darn, you showed me."

ninjabenja.png

#11 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well I guess this will finally force me to upgrade my phone to iOS7. Thanks OP.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#12 DatPanda

DatPanda

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Well I guess this will finally force me to upgrade my phone to iOS7. Thanks OP.

Literally just did this. I've been holding out for so long.

#13 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Which console is this on?

#14 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

How come it says 25% off if the normal price is 14.99? .99 is like over 90% off.

#15 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I think it's because you can buy episodes 2-5 for $4.99 each when they come out, so spending $14.99 on the season pass is 25% off of that price.  

#16 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Thanks Neku! I had actually just got done watching the Giant Bomb quick look and thought it was pretty cool.

#17 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Thanks op.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#18 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

I think it's because you can buy episodes 2-5 for $4.99 each when they come out, so spending $14.99 on the season pass is 25% off of that price.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the clarification.

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Is this still going today?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#20 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Still showing as $0.99 in the store so I'm assuming yes.

#21 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

Is there any way to update to iOS 7 besides downloading directly from phone? My internet is so slow my phone has already been downloading for 3 hours and it says there are 20 more to go!

42869.png

#22 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

You canconnect to a PC and download through iTunes I believe.

#23 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Trying that but that's taking too long as well since I hadn't updated iTunes in a long while. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait for a sale on the season pass.

42869.png

#24 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Everything updated by this morning so I was able to transfer Republique to my iPhone after the iOS 7 update and the season pass is still $.99! They haven't switched it back yet! Last call I assume.

42869.png