* * - - - 4 votes

YMMV $99 Vita Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Legendarytjf

Legendarytjf

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

http://gamrconnect.v...d.php?id=177481

Saw this post but haven't been able to check locally. Probably very ymmv but wanted to give a heads up to keep an eye out that at least one store is offering this

#2 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I'd buy a second Vita in a heartbeat for $99. I'm sure this is extreme YMMV which means if you live in Phoenix you can  Fuck  off if you think you're getting in on this deal.

#3 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

None in NYC.

Angelsplight.png

iangelsplight.png

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I doubt this BBY KNOWS the Slim Vita is coming stateside, but maybe this means.....

Spoiler

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'd buy a backup Vita for $100. No questions asked!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#6 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

guess the only way to check on this would be to go in physically and have a look, huh? Blea fighting a cold and wanted to bum this weekend

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#7 acthechamp

acthechamp

CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

Shit! I wanna go to Best Buy to see this if possible.

gallery_474050_8161_48668.jpg
AnLune.png

#8 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Well, shit. My stores around me have them, but for $189.99.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#9 seakae

seakae

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Same. $189.99.

#10 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

There was another thread about this yesterday, I went to a local BB last night and the systems were on "clearance" for $189.99 ($10 off).  I had them scan a Vita at the register and that's what the price was.  Not a blowout price by a longshot!

#11 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for debunking this, all.  CAGers are pretty familiar with YMMV Best Buy clearance and I figured you all would know what's up versus a random hype machine article online.

#12 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

I've been looking for a Vita as well, and Cowboom doesn't seem to be selling the used ones anymore.  But the original post for the $99 Vita on clearance was in England, so maybe not here in the US yet.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#13 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Manchester is a town in the state of New Hampshire.

#14 lolDragoon

lolDragoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

I convinced the manager at the Acworth, GA location to give it to me for 99.99. He showed me what it said in the system and apparently the device has been discontinued since August. He then announced over his headset that since its "best Buy New Years" (fiscal year end maybe?) that he was selling the rest of them for that price as a Deal of the Day.

#15 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

I convinced the manager at the Acworth, GA location to give it to me for 99.99. He showed me what it said in the system and apparently the device has been discontinued since August. He then announced over his headset that since its "best Buy New Years" (fiscal year end maybe?) that he was selling the rest of them for that price as a Deal of the Day.

That's awesome! Want to pick up the others for your fellow CAG's? I'd gladly pay price + shipping for another one.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#16 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Damn, wish I still lived in the area.  Moved in 2012 to Houston.  

default.png2.png

#17 xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion

Fraud Detector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Da fucks! Just today? I live 30 minutes away wouldn't be able to make it until tomorrow blah.

#18 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

I printed out the page will try my luck at  my local BB tomorrow ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#19 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Da fucks! Just today? I live 30 minutes away wouldn't be able to make it until tomorrow blah.

Well, today is the end of their fiscal year. Gotta get in those TV sales numbers before the returns after the superbowl.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#20 lolDragoon

lolDragoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

That's awesome! Want to pick up the others for your fellow CAG's? I'd gladly pay price + shipping for another one.

My store closed @ 9. I shoulda checked back on this thread sooner. They are closed now =(

#21 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Photoshop.  

#22 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

I know this is not going on at my store in South Florida. Nor are they deleted in my area since we just recieved a bunch on the truck the other day.

But good luck to those who get them for $99 that is one heck of a deal.

501272.png

#23 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

5 local stores and no discounted Vitas. It was a long shot, but I'm really hoping to pick one up before the Slim, I'd rather have the OLED screen.

#24 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

It was all quiet at the Cincinnati front

690810.png

#25 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

I'm try finding one these never got one before cause always had a Nintendo handheld and always felt the vita was overpriced at $200 but at $100 I will bite but I see LCD and oled mentioned is one better then the other?

#26 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

The Vita currently uses an OLED screen, which was one of the major selling points. The Slim uses a LCD screen. The OLED gives a crisper and brighter image, and people tend to agree its better. Although the Slim has still yet to be announced for the US, but I'm sure its just a matter of time.

#27 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

http://gamrconnect.v...d.php?id=177481

Holy hell, I thought the signatures on this site were obnoxious...

I'm sure this is extreme YMMV which means if you live in Phoenix you can Fuck off if you think you're getting in on this deal.

Why mention Phoenix specifically? Care to elaborate?

#28 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

Why mention Phoenix specifically? Care to elaborate?

(I'm assuming you assume that I live in Phoenix but just in case I'll note it in this parenthetical) Cause we never seem to get these YMMV deals. I live on one side of town and work on the other so I can easily go just about anywhere to get a deal without having to go too far out of my way. Yet I never see these deals. I don't know if there's just a really active gaming community here that gobbles up everything before the really good drops happen but it seems like clearance is always terrible here. And not just Best Buy; Walmart, K-Mart and Target's clearance sections are always bone dry. Whenever I see a YMMV post I just know it'll be something I won't be able to find in town. I usually just ignore them, but every now and then I take a look and get my hopes up. There's no way in hell these are available in town.

Also, why is the shaqfu symbol changing to an actual swear? Is it just Tapatalk? I use it to avoid actually using swears but I saw my own post after the fact and really didn't like it.

#29 xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion

Fraud Detector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Well, today is the end of their fiscal year. Gotta get in those TV sales numbers before the returns after the superbowl.

Eh. It works out I guess. I would have liked to grab a back up Vita for that OLED master race but none of my PSP's ever broke down on me. Think it's just one of those things people take into consideration these days. Definitely didn't need to spend the money anyway.

#30 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

Once again.  Photoshop.