YMMV $99 Vita Best Buy

I'd buy a second Vita in a heartbeat for $99. I'm sure this is extreme YMMV which means if you live in Phoenix you can  fuck  off if you think you're getting in on this deal.

I doubt this BBY KNOWS the Slim Vita is coming stateside, but maybe this means.....
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!! Sorry had to.

guess the only way to check on this would be to go in physically and have a look, huh? Blea fighting a cold and wanted to bum this weekend

There was another thread about this yesterday, I went to a local BB last night and the systems were on "clearance" for $189.99 ($10 off).  I had them scan a Vita at the register and that's what the price was.  Not a blowout price by a longshot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for debunking this, all.  CAGers are pretty familiar with YMMV Best Buy clearance and I figured you all would know what's up versus a random hype machine article online.

I've been looking for a Vita as well, and Cowboom doesn't seem to be selling the used ones anymore.  But the original post for the $99 Vita on clearance was in England, so maybe not here in the US yet.

I convinced the manager at the Acworth, GA location to give it to me for 99.99. He showed me what it said in the system and apparently the device has been discontinued since August. He then announced over his headset that since its "best Buy New Years" (fiscal year end maybe?) that he was selling the rest of them for that price as a Deal of the Day.

I convinced the manager at the Acworth, GA location to give it to me for 99.99. He showed me what it said in the system and apparently the device has been discontinued since August. He then announced over his headset that since its "best Buy New Years" (fiscal year end maybe?) that he was selling the rest of them for that price as a Deal of the Day.
That's awesome! Want to pick up the others for your fellow CAG's? I'd gladly pay price + shipping for another one.

Damn, wish I still lived in the area. Moved in 2012 to Houston.

Da fucks! Just today? I live 30 minutes away wouldn't be able to make it until tomorrow blah.

I know this is not going on at my store in South Florida. Nor are they deleted in my area since we just recieved a bunch on the truck the other day.

But good luck to those who get them for $99 that is one heck of a deal.

5 local stores and no discounted Vitas. It was a long shot, but I'm really hoping to pick one up before the Slim, I'd rather have the OLED screen.

I'm try finding one these never got one before cause always had a Nintendo handheld and always felt the vita was overpriced at $200 but at $100 I will bite but I see LCD and oled mentioned is one better then the other?

The Vita currently uses an OLED screen, which was one of the major selling points. The Slim uses a LCD screen. The OLED gives a crisper and brighter image, and people tend to agree its better. Although the Slim has still yet to be announced for the US, but I'm sure its just a matter of time.

Why mention Phoenix specifically? Care to elaborate?
(I'm assuming you assume that I live in Phoenix but just in case I'll note it in this parenthetical) Cause we never seem to get these YMMV deals. I live on one side of town and work on the other so I can easily go just about anywhere to get a deal without having to go too far out of my way. Yet I never see these deals. I don't know if there's just a really active gaming community here that gobbles up everything before the really good drops happen but it seems like clearance is always terrible here. And not just Best Buy; Walmart, K-Mart and Target's clearance sections are always bone dry. Whenever I see a YMMV post I just know it'll be something I won't be able to find in town. I usually just ignore them, but every now and then I take a look and get my hopes up. There's no way in hell these are available in town.

Also, why is the shaqfu symbol changing to an actual swear? Is it just Tapatalk? I use it to avoid actually using swears but I saw my own post after the fact and really didn't like it.

Well, today is the end of their fiscal year. Gotta get in those TV sales numbers before the returns after the superbowl.
Eh. It works out I guess. I would have liked to grab a back up Vita for that OLED master race but none of my PSP's ever broke down on me. Think it's just one of those things people take into consideration these days. Definitely didn't need to spend the money anyway.

This is a clearance price.  Clearance prices at Best Buy are so YMMV that it's not worth going out of your way since the chances are extremely slim.

I happened to be at a Bestbuy yesterday and looked at the Vita but it was $189.99, I didn't bother to get it scanned.

Wow, an actual YMMV super deal in NH?!?  That's got to be first, at least in my years here.  Usually all we get are the nation wide stuff.  I might be heading near Manchester today.  I wouldn't mind grabbing one at that price as a backup before those OELD less slim ones come out.  Still I doubt any would be left knowing my luck.  Maybe they'll still have the sign up so I could at least confirm they had them at that price.

Ok, that is not a photoshopped image, I recognize the template....it is one that Best Buy last used officially over two years ago. It starts out blank and an employee fills it out. It was used for one store only clearance manager specials. One part of the template in the lower left corner (yellow) actually has "valid at store #XXXX only" although lazy employees can erase it. Once the Renew Blue initiative started in 2012 this sign was not to be used anymore. My point being this was one store manager in one store not following rules using an out of date sign to do a ONE STORE clearance on the last day of FY14. Your chance of finding this same sign at another store is about the same as the chance of the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl today. Your chance of price matching it....well that is the YMMV part. I'd say the chances are very slim.

This is basically a sale similar to spotting Neil Patrick Harris riding a giraffe down the freeway. Odds are your not gonna see it although I guess its possible you may. This is indeed a legit BBY clearance however it is however the ORIGINAL LAUNCH wifi only model that is clearanced. All the standard Vita units BBY carries now are 3G/Wifi.  How this particular store still had any of these units left over in inventory is nothing short of a fluke (or they just dont get Vita customers coming in).

I recently picked up a Vita on eBay for around sixty bucks, including shipping. Unfortunately, it was an as-is, untested system, but fortunately, it didn't seem to have a cracked screen and just suffered from that "blue light of death" that can be fixed with about thirty minutes of maintenance. We'll see how that turns out, but I'm crossing my fingers until they break that the machine just derped on the last owner and he didn't know how to fix it.

I was at my local Sears and saw they were having a super manger's special, selling Earthbound for the SNES, new, CIB with the book and everything: $39.99.  

Posted a picture below. I have a really old phone so it may not look clear. 

YMMV. 

119nzw5.jpg

I was at my local Sears and saw they were having a super manger's special, selling Earthbound for the SNES, new, CIB with the book and everything: $39.99.

YMMV.

119nzw5.jpg
Crap...mine still have Earthbound at $69.99 :/

Not a deal if it's le MSRP LOL AM I RITE!?

YMMV.

119nzw5.jpg
Seems legit!

bread's done
Back