GoHastings: 30% off used games/books/CDs/movies with promo code ACASCUSEME, 2/2-2/6

I much prefer gohastings deals posted independently so I actually see them. I don't think anyone has a right to monopolize all the deal postings of a single company. Thank you OP for posting this.

I much prefer gohastings deals posted independently so I actually see them. I don't think anyone has a right to monopolize all the deal postings of a single company. Thank you OP for posting this.
I don't think it's a matter of monopolizing - for some retailers it's useful to have a dedicated thread (not that there can't be single deal threads). For something like Gohastings, a dedicated thread helps buyers see what past sales have been like, understand things like the typical conditions for items, and point out things that might get missed in a non-dedicated post (like the fact that Hastings now "guts" new games some times or that the shipping prices for books has changed). Also, having a dedicated thread means that people can subscribe and follow in one place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a matter of monopolizing - for some retailers it's useful to have a dedicated thread (not that there can't be single deal threads). For something like Gohastings, a dedicated thread helps buyers see what past sales have been like, understand things like the typical conditions for items, and point out things that might get missed in a non-dedicated post (like the fact that Hastings now "guts" new games some times or that the shipping prices for books has changed). Also, having a dedicated thread means that people can subscribe and follow in one place.
That's all great but sometimes you just want to scan the titles for deals.

I'm not even sure that makes sense. I only am the OP there because someone else quit doing it a few years ago. I maintain the thread to give back to the CAG community. It's not like I get paid to run it. It's not like there's any glory from maintaining the first post. This isn't reddit, there's not even any fictional karma awarded for me maintaining the first post. It's a largely thankless job short of the nice CAGs who thank me from time to time. Additionally I always put the main gaming deals in the title of the main thread, so if you're not seeing them, it's because you aren't reading any further than "GoHastings Deals Thread" and then checking the first post.

That's all great but sometimes you just want to scan the titles for deals.
Again, the main gaming deal is always in the title and the information is always in the first post. You don't have to follow the latest posts in the thread. You just have to read beyond the first three words in the title to see if it's a deal you're interested in.

That's the main reason I believe it makes sense to maintain a company thread for GoHastings and that's why I maintain the FAQ in that first post. It answers 95% of the questions and issues people have with Hastings that inevitably pop up and are repeated time after time in "solo" threads like this. Most other retailers aren't like that and don't require such extensive FAQs and have those sort of repeat questions.

bread's done
Back