Crystal white Vita - $200 from AMZ

What's the reasoning behind the bevel? Is it a glass slab? Or still plastic? Maybe a more durable material of sorts?

This has been happening every few days now, they get 1-2 in stock. Probably from returns of people that didn't expect to get the box inside the original box. I doubt they're getting new shipments of these.

I saw one of this at my local pawn shop at 120$ looks brand new. is it a good buy?

dont know much about the vita

any help, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one of this at my local pawn shop at 120$ looks brand new. is it a good buy?

dont know much about the vita

any help, thanks
The white's where LE, and have held their value very well. Considering that the OLED will be discontinued at some point, I think 120 for a like new unit is a good buy. The value can only go up as long as the condition stays good.

To be fair, I consider the new Slim Vita a downgrade. Sony says that the screen quality is still really great on the Slim, but when comparing the two, there's a very noticeable difference. The OLED screen is my favorite part about my Vita and I never have a problem with my battery, especially since I carry a portable charger if I'm going anywhere (12000mAh).

Wow...  Didn't realize my VITA of choice was somewhat sought after.  

Bought one with 3 months of PS+, an 8gb card, digital copy of Allstars, and a physical copy of Assassin's Creed Liberation for $180 on Amazon two Christmas's ago.  Seems like a pretty good snag now. 

$120 plus 8gb memory card

$10 AC

140$ after taxes

always wanted one, also it has the previous owner info with a couple of purchsed games 

HT8yTRk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so everyone knows this isn't a new sku or anything special. It is just the AC Liberation bundle after being gutted (game and memory card removed). You don't get any special packaging or slip cover----all you get is a factory white vita box and the standard contents (white vita, instruction manual, charging cable, etc.)

If your intent is to keep it sealed... you're not really getting anything of worth to keep sealed. 

To be fair, I consider the new Slim Vita a downgrade. Sony says that the screen quality is still really great on the Slim, but when comparing the two, there's a very noticeable difference. The OLED screen is my favorite part about my Vita and I never have a problem with my battery, especially since I carry a portable charger if I'm going anywhere (12000mAh).
It's all about POV. I have the slim and I sold my OG as soon as it arrive. YES, the OLED was better and I wish they would have included it, but considering I use a 3DS, PSP, Pandora, Vita and Shield all on different occasions, the lesser screen quality isn't a big deal for me. I'm used to better screens, and worse screens. The LCD is still very nice, and if I had never seen the OLED, it wouldn't have been an issue. The slim is way cool, and everything is an improvement over the original except the screen. If anyone can look past that, their in for a real treat.

Oh, I think so many of the Slim's upgrades are fantastic. I was totally on board with it... Until I saw the bevel. LCD didn't even bug me.
I completely agree about the upgrades of the new Vita, except for the fact that the LCD on the new 2000 series seems to have a either a greenish or a yellowish tint compared to the original OLED.

I have no problem with the fact that the new model is now an LCD but what's the deal with the weird tint? It's like the original 3DS to 3DS XL all over again. The original 3DS has normal tints and the 3DS XL has a yellow tint. What's going on with this?

I'm in the market for a Vita, which would be my very first one but this tint issue isn't helping matters at all...

bread's done
Back