Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Bravely Default Collector's Edition - Nintendo 3DS Out of stock Please Lock or merger

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

http://www.amazon.co... - Nintendo 3DS

WOOOO I STINK

#2 reaperztoll

reaperztoll

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Got one! Thanks dude.

#3 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

Well, I thought about ordering the game. Then with this popping up might as well.

EDIT: cancelled mine. I'm sure it's great but I'm gonna try the demo. Just watched an unboxing and while it's nice I don't really care about the extras plus I'm not going to put that stuff on display. I will just get the regular later if I like it.

#4 boo~

boo~

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Nice, I didn't think it would actually be in stock. I pre-ordered the regular one which has shipped already...

#5 midloo

midloo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

And so the great "It's out of stock everywhere!" CE process begins the next phase of its lifecycle...  where all of a sudden on release day, there are plenty of them available.  

EDIT: Three pages worth of sellers on Amazon trying to hock this for $100 or so.  Ha ha!  Burn, flippers, burn. 

Posted Image

#6 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Damn I can't cancel my standard ain't that a
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#7 folnevar

folnevar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Long time reader, but had to make my very first post to say thanks! I had a $25 Amazon GC that I was waiting for the right time to use, and this was it. Missed the pre-orders on this game, as I wasn't really aware of what it was until the CE was long sold out.

Thanks again!

#8 Gandor

Gandor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thanks, just ordered one :D/

#9 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

And so the great "It's out of stock everywhere!" CE process begins the next part of its lifecycle...  where all of a sudden on release day, there are plenty of them available.  

EDIT: Three pages worth of sellers on Amazon trying to hock this for $100 or so.  Ha ha!  Burn, flippers, burn. 

Don't be so certain...

In the last 30 minutes, this has gone from being "in stock" at Amazon to "requires 1-2 extra days to process".  I'd bet my left toe that in the next short while (~15 min?) it will go into "temporarily out of stock"...then to out of stock.  It happens every time (albeit at a different rate depending on the overall stock they had). 

Amazon usually will have items go back in stock for a short while on the day of release as preorders are cancelled (customer request, credit card declined, etc.)...but usually only in limited quantity.  At least in my region, this item is OOS at all retail locations with no intention to restock.  Of course, it may be restocked, but I have my doubts (portable niche title on a Nintendo console vs. COD #12345).

#10 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thanks OP, decided to pick this up as I loved the demo and I had Amazon credit to burn.

#11 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Don't be so certain...

In the last 30 minutes, this has gone from being "in stock" at Amazon to "requires 1-2 extra days to process".  I'd bet my left toe that in the next short while (~15 min?) it will go into "temporarily out of stock"...then to out of stock.  It happens every time (albeit at a different rate depending on the overall stock they had). 

Amazon usually will have items go back in stock for a short while on the day of release as preorders are cancelled (customer request, credit card declined, etc.)...but usually only in limited quantity.  At least in my region, this item is OOS at all retail locations with no intention to restock.  Of course, it may be restocked, but I have my doubts (portable niche title on a Nintendo console vs. COD #12345).

Quoting myself for timestamp - only 15 left in stock.

#12 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just bought 8 of em!

7 left!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#13 midloo

midloo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Just bought 8 of em!

7 left!

The flipping CAG is strong with this one. 

Posted Image

#14 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Just sold 25 of them back to amazon!

32 left!

seriously the inventory is screwy with this one.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

So is the sarcasm lol.

They say back ordered, but there very well be no more inventory coming in.
I went to buy another from them and apparently they have an item limit where they aren't allowing for multiple purchases/orders of them lol (kind of glad about that). Saves me $50 I would have spent on an impulse.

#16 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Grabbed one. For $10 more it should retain more of it's resale value if I decide to resell after I beat the game. Although the game is like 60 hours, so who knows when that'll be. 

#17 gnugget5

gnugget5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Grabbed one. For $10 more it should retain more of it's resale value if I decide to resell after I beat the game. Although the game is like 60 hours, so who knows when that'll be. 

OOS now (at least temporarily).

Methinks this is still going to be fairly limited, so hold onto your copies (if you have them)!

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

i grabbed an extra one.   had an add on item i needed to buy so if they cancel it, i won't be too put out.   Hopefully best buy doesn't f up shipping.

Don't be so certain...

good call

Ees7Y.jpg

#19 iPadGamer

iPadGamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

Seems to be going in and out of stock for some reason. Was unavailable a few minutes ago. Now available again.

#20 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Temporarily OOS again it seems

#21 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Too pricey for my blood. I'm strictly a $30 max/$20 preferable 3DS shopper.

oIi9lub.png

#22 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Went ahead and ordered even though I only sort of want this game. It will probably ship, but if it doesn't, I don't think I'll be upset since Amazon doesn't charge until it ships.

#23 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

What are the odds of temporary out of stock getting delivered?

#24 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

What are the odds of temporary out of stock getting delivered?

Well they are banking on the fact that they may be getting more in stock, which is not always the case.

#25 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

I went ahead and pulled trigger on "Temporarily OOS." If it shows up again in large quantities at other retailers I'll bail. It's lead IP in a new franchise and has huge buzz from Japan and great Western reviews. It'll command a pretty penny in a few months (a la P4G Solid Gold) if its genuinely scarce.

#26 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I went ahead and pulled trigger on "Temporarily OOS." If it shows up again in large quantities at other retailers I'll bail. It's lead IP in a new franchise and has huge buzz from Japan and great Western reviews. It'll command a pretty penny in a few months (a la P4G Solid Gold) if its genuinely scarce.

don't worry, temporarily oos usually means their warehouse is out. they will be more shipments incoming. but the conditions it will come in will probably be damaged, due to them shipping it in cheap mail bubbler envelopes.

#27 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

don't worry, temporarily oos usually means their warehouse is out. they will be more shipments incoming. but the conditions it will come in will probably be damaged, due to them shipping it in cheap mail bubbler envelopes.

wonder how big of a lost amazon is going to take  on them when you complain about it being damage they go 

We will send you a replacment and you keep the  old one.    i mean that is a  major hit  at 50 a pop   say x  100  that is a 5,000 buck hit 

WOOOO I STINK

#28 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

My order from December 2nd still hasn't shipped. Strange. 

#29 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

My order from December 2nd still hasn't shipped. Strange. 

it all depends on the shipping speed you selected/paid for.

#30 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

So is his ignorance and annoyance.

needler420.png