Call of Duty: Ghost (360, PS3, Wii U) $30 @ TRU B&M WMMV?

jooanyenna

CAGiversary!
I hope this is not a re-post.

I went to TRU this morning to pick up LEGO Marvel Super Heroes for $20 and saw COD Ghost being on sale for $29.99.

The CSR who helped me to get the games didn't even know about the sale.

He ended up getting a copy for himself.

BTW, I think it's B&M only deal because it's $49.99 @ TRU website.

OP can you elaborate on the Lego game deal? I know about the $15 gift card, so where are you getting $20 from?

I think they do this yearly with CoD games. I remember they had MW3 for $30 unadvertised, but it showed up on the website and you needed to get a price adjustment in-store.

Yeah in the MW3 year, MW3 was on sale for $30 and there was a coupon for $10 off. I can't remember exactly what happened, but you had to buy MW3 for $20 and BF for $30. 

assuming this is good till 2/8, thus not doing it for me at 12:12 AM on the East Coast
Goes through this next week (2/15), if not longer. I can get the exact date this ends when I head in for my shift tomorrow if you'd like. No advertisement for it though.

I called my local TRU to verify the information.  They told me it was a promotion that ended 2/8 (yesterday).  Hopefully another promotion will come around at that price point.

UPDATE:  Called another local TRU and got a completely different story.  I was told the promotion was good through 2/22.  In this case, I would say YMMV.  It sucks you have to investigate this much in order to get the best price possible.  I guess that's what makes a person a CAG, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called my local TRU to verify the information. They told me it was a promotion that ended 2/8 (yesterday). Hopefully another promotion will come around at that price point.

UPDATE: Called another local TRU and got a completely different story. I was told the promotion was good through 2/22. In this case, I would say YMMV. It sucks you have to investigate this much in order to get the best price possible. I guess that's what makes a person a CAG, right?
That first TRU gave you wrong information. They probably just assumed it ended 2/8, since almost every sale TRU runs ends on Saturday (exceptions are few and far between).

The sale does indeed run until 2/22. It just started on a random day (as opposed to Sunday) and didn't really get much of an advertisement.

That first TRU gave you wrong information. They probably just assumed it ended 2/8, since almost every sale TRU runs ends on Saturday (exceptions are few and far between).

The sale does indeed run until 2/22. It just started on a random day (as opposed to Sunday) and didn't really get much of an advertisement.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the confirmation Poco. I went to the location I originally called. The employee I usually talk to was cool and more than happy to scan the game and confirm pricing. He told me the promo will still active and apologized for the other employee who didn't know what they were talking about. Looks like it is good until 2/22.

I have a picture,don't know how to post it :(
Upload the image to a host, and replace the word Link with your actual link. (Remove *)

img]

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back