Good Deal on Skylanders I Found at Gamestop and Target(YMMV)

gimmedemgames

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, long time lurker here but I found a couple of good Skylanders deals this weekend and thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

I got Slobbertooth at Target for $2.56 on clearance (might be at other Targets as well) and also got the Skylanders Giants Battle Pack with Chop-Chop, Shroomboom, and the Dragonfire Canon for $9.99 at GameStop marked down from $24.99. 

Looks like you can get the Battle Pack for $9.99 on the GS website too! http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-giants-battle-pack/103894

I made a video about the find here too if anyone's interested and wants to support GeeksPodcast :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWSWygsEOwo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUamv3gNpWpPJ_gX7oKLGmng 

Have an awesome day everyone! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea.... that's not exactly special. Good attempt at whoring yourself out though. I know what I won't be watching now!

you found version 1 skylanders for cheap? not sure if that requires its own advertisement... i mean post... :p
I'm fairly new to Skylanders and honestly thought it was a good find others who are new would appreciate. If it would make more sense to delete it I'd be happy to :)

I see nothing wrong with the deal/thread.

I bought the Shroom Boom Chop Chop Cannon pack shortly after Swap Force, BTW it's not series 1, it's from Giants.

Target seems to be randomly clearancing single characters for no rhyme or reason.  I accidentally looked at the Disney Infinity figures the other day and noticed a random character on clearance for $8 while every other one was full price. Sorry, I don't know who it was because, what am I? 9 years old???  I'm a grown man...patiently waiting for Shadow Trap to release since Stink Bomb mysteriously went MIA weeks after his release.

I see nothing wrong with the deal/thread.

I bought the Shroom Boom Chop Chop Cannon pack shortly after Swap Force, BTW it's not series 1, it's from Giants.

Target seems to be randomly clearancing single characters for no rhyme or reason. I accidentally looked at the Disney Infinity figures the other day and noticed a random character on clearance for $8 while every other one was full price.
Thank you for that, Kerig. I've long been hesitant to post because I didn't want to do so without offering something useful. I won't deny I DO create things but I didn't post with only the intention of putting my video on here. It just seems more often than not I read about the awesome deals at Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. here on a weekly basis and rarely discover a good find on my own. I'm glad you found it at least somewhat useful and thanks for the correction!

I haven't tried Infinity yet but if the rumor about Marvel characters joining the fray is true I can't imagine I'd pass up the chance to pair up Deadpool and Jack Sparrow :p

Gah. You people are monsters. $2.56 for Slobbertooth is the best deal I've ever seen for a skylander. Sure, it's YMMV, but just lay off. Jebus Christ. 

I might add YMMV to the title. I'd probably just make it "Random Skylanders on clearance ($2.56) at Target YMMV" or something. I don't know, I've never personally created a topic. Mainly because of people like this. 

Gah. You people are monsters. $2.56 for Slobbertooth is the best deal I've ever seen for a skylander. Sure, it's YMMV, but just lay off. Jebus Christ.

I might add YMMV to the title. I'd probably just make it "Random Skylanders on clearance ($2.56) at Target YMMV" or something. I don't know, I've never personally created a topic. Mainly because of people like this.
Thanks, sampyle, I'll see if I can go ahead and add that :)

Yea.... that's not exactly special. Good attempt at whoring yourself out though. I know what I won't be watching now!
hatersgonnahate-01.gif

you found version 1 skylanders for cheap? not sure if that requires its own advertisement... i mean post... :p
slobber tooth is S3 and the other pack is S2. Big fail on your part.

Thanks OP, I'm going to be headed by target today. I hope to find a slobber tooth for the boy.

Looks like stores are starting to clear out Skylanders a little earlier then normal.  Saw 1 or 2 signs Swap Force figures being on clearance for 8 dollars but the shelf was pretty much empty.

Slightly off topic, I found 2 Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack for the 360 @ $10 each at Sears in my area (Plantation, FL). I went to a few others but they were only marked down to $30 at the other stores I went to. I looked for the Sears thread but couldn't find it. Just wanted to share some information.

Op, good post overall. Great find on the Slobbertooth. He's new, and even though I have him already, thats a steal. Also good to know on the Giants 3-pack, I bought it a few weeks ago on AWD open box but new for $8, but 9.99 is still a good deal for it.

I recently just got into Skylanders, its a pretty awesome game, and a welcomed change of pace from my usual FPSs or action games my wife tends to hate. But she now hates Skylanders cause I got so many figures, but thats how I roll.

Anyway, this always happens, you will get "bashed" when posting a YMMV deal most times here, but the 3-pack is a deal on its own, so good job in that area.

So promoting his videos = "whoring himself out"? Without promotion, then you would've never heard of his channel in the first place...so he isn't really losing your viewership by posting here. You can't lose what you never had, and quite honestly YouTube has an overabundance of your type of criticism anyway. If you have something negative to say, then approach it in a constructive manner.

I don't watch YouTube as much as I used to, but I'll be happy to subscribe to your channel. Thanks for the info on the Skylanders.

So promoting his videos = "whoring himself out"? Without promotion, then you would've never heard of his channel in the first place...so he isn't really losing your viewership by posting here. You can't lose what you never had, and quite honestly YouTube has an overabundance of your type of criticism anyway. If you have something negative to say, then approach it in a constructive manner.

I don't watch YouTube as much as I used to, but I'll be happy to subscribe to your channel. Thanks for the info on Skylanders.
Ravhen, thank you so much for the kind words and subscribing. You're absolutely right. Granted, self promotion wasn't my original intention here but you can make the coolest articles, videos, or whatever in the world but unless you take the time to actually share them with people then it'll be tough to get people engaged. It really means the world to me and that's totally awesome of you!

Op, good post overall. Great find on the Slobbertooth. He's new, and even though I have him already, thats a steal. Also good to know on the Giants 3-pack, I bought it a few weeks ago on AWD open box but new for $8, but 9.99 is still a good deal for it.

I recently just got into Skylanders, its a pretty awesome game, and a welcomed change of pace from my usual FPSs or action games my wife tends to hate. But she now hates Skylanders cause I got so many figures, but thats how I roll.

Anyway, this always happens, you will get "bashed" when posting a YMMV deal most times here, but the 3-pack is a deal on its own, so good job in that area.
Thanks a bunch NIghtmare! I thought it was a pretty good deal too. Totally random, actually. I was bent down looking at something on a lower shelf and when I went to look up I saw the sticker on the bottom of the figure!

I'll try to keep your advice in mind as I post moving forward. Have an awesome day!

When a thread is pieced together...it's a piece all right.

If this find requires a pick up video I hate to see the budget for a real find. The Hobbit 3!!!

Hey, man. Both deals are worthy of mention, and I thank you. Especially for the Target one. A $2.56 Slobbertooth would be awesome; I'm tempted to hit two Targets across town to check, actually.

Don't let these childish dicks get to you. If you look around the threads in this forum, while there are plenty of great people here, there are also many of these douchebags that just want to piss on everything and treat people in a way they could never if it were in person. It's like an internet tough-guy routine, but without the toughness.

Keep the posts about deals coming, because there are plenty of us who will be grateful. Just prepare yourself for the ass-clowns, too.

Hey, man. Both deals are worthy of mention, and I thank you. Especially for the Target one. A $2.56 Slobbertooth would be awesome; I'm tempted to hit two Targets across town to check, actually.

Don't let these childish dicks get to you. If you look around the threads in this forum, while there are plenty of great people here, there are also many of these douchebags that just want to piss on everything and treat people in a way they could never if it were in person. It's like an internet tough-guy routine, but without the toughness.

Keep the posts about deals coming, because there are plenty of us who will be grateful. Just prepare yourself for the ass-clowns, too.
Thanks a ton for the support, PlayableMoogle and I hope you find him! I suppose the same could be said of any community of people, but it's nice having the cool people reach out here to make themselves known. Have a good one!

bread's done
Back