Infamous Second Son OT

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
r89ncp.jpg

Set seven years after the episodes of Cole MacGrath, Seattle has been locked down by the Department of Unified Protection (DUP), an organization that handles any sort of bio-terrorism to ensure that the events of Empire City and New Marais don't repeat themselves. It was revealed that the DUP renamed Conduits to Bioterrorists and have been rounding them up, jailing them and possibly killing them. It was also revealed that the developers assumed the good ending of InFAMOUS 2 as canon and that, rather than the RFI destroying all conduits, some survived based on their resistance to its effects and distance from New Marais.​
 ​
The game is set in Seattle, Washington, now under DUP jurisdiction. Players control Delsin Rowe a 25-year-old graffiti artist with no real direction in life. One day, Delsin witnesses a bus crash and attempts to help; in the process, he comes in contact with a Conduit, and his own hidden Conduit abilities awaken. With his new abilities and his older brother Reggie, a police officer, Delsin dedicates himself to fighting back against the oppressive DUP, as well as other Conduits such as Abigail "Fetch" Walker. In an interview, it was stated that for InFamous fans there would be a few familiar faces in the game, but it 'would ruin the joy of discovering them' to reveal exactly which known characters will be present in Second Son.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNfJvFnzc8

ultfdb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-B40rzJHOY

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this game deserved its own thread lol. Some more gameplay is supposed to be shown today. Cant wait!

I have to admit this game looks pretty awesome. I was planning on buying a PS4 when more of their exclusives come out (maybe in a year or two from now) but it will be tough waiting to play this.

I only recently finished Infamous 1 last month (I just got a PS3 in August so slowly working through exclusives) and still have to play 2. Didn't like the first that much so gonna wait for this to drop in price but it does look good.

^ Man, the neon powers look awesome, but I was hoping they would show more of you traversing the city.
I just wanted some daylight footage. Too hard to see the details with the night footage. Apparently there's a huge B roll of footage out there, hopefully it gets uploaded.

Second Son copies are making their way out into the wild so be careful of spoilers guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AxrHCG1O64

I'm getting the CE but I gotta admit the cover of the limited edition looks awesome.

I only recently finished Infamous 1 last month (I just got a PS3 in August so slowly working through exclusives) and still have to play 2. Didn't like the first that much so gonna wait for this to drop in price but it does look good.
Infamous 2 is much better. I would pick up a copy of it if I were you. Definitely worth at least 1 playthough. Based on the previews I have seen and read. Infamous SS is going to be exponentially better than Infamous 2, so I put in my pre-order the other day.

Infamous 2 is much better. I would pick up a copy of it if I were you. Definitely worth at least 1 playthough. Based on the previews I have seen and read. Infamous SS is going to be exponentially better than Infamous 2, so I put in my pre-order the other day.
I agree with this, everyone should give part 2 a chance. I'm sure you can find a cheap copy somewhere if you weren't able to grab it when it was free with plus.

I agree with this, everyone should give part 2 a chance. I'm sure you can find a cheap copy somewhere if you weren't able to grab it when it was free with plus.
I actually have both, got the Infamous Collection from Target last fall for $20. Planning to start Infamous 2 once I clear a couple other games out of the backlog.

With best buy, im guessing if you preordered it, you get the disc? is there a way to get it as a digital download? what would you rather have ?

With best buy, im guessing if you preordered it, you get the disc? is there a way to get it as a digital download? what would you rather have ?
You can pre-order digital if you want. I always go with a physical copy cause I like to have the case and I tend to trade in games I've beaten.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=ATG9398464465&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=second+son+digital

Glad to hear it. I have the first one on the shelf and the second from PS+ and had decided to just skip the 1st and play the second and then pick up SS a little later on when it goes on sale. Figured I'd get too burnt out if I played both of the first two and still tried to play SS in the near future.

Glad to hear it. I have the first one on the shelf and the second from PS+ and had decided to just skip the 1st and play the second and then pick up SS a little later on when it goes on sale. Figured I'd get too burnt out if I played both of the first two and still tried to play SS in the near future.
Have you played or thought of playing Festival of Blood? It's that downloadable vampire Infamous game, and I think it's on sale currently for $2-$3. Very good, only a couple hours, and mixes it up slightly from Infamous 2 (such as flying around as a horde of bats - really liked that method of getting around).

I've thought about it, but I'm trying not to add to the PS3 backlog as I really want to clear it out and sell it off since I'm drowning in games as bit across that, PS4, Vita, and Wii U.  Have a 3DS as well, but no backlog there currently. :D

Have you played or thought of playing Festival of Blood? It's that downloadable vampire Infamous game, and I think it's on sale currently for $2-$3. Very good, only a couple hours, and mixes it up slightly from Infamous 2 (such as flying around as a horde of bats - really liked that method of getting around).
Is that standalone or you need infamous 2 to play?

Saw this sitting in the shelf today at Wally World and did a double take.  I wonder if it would have rung up.

Some screenshots taken with the share button. Game really looks gorgeous.

1979980_10203498015870178_423492777_o.jpg
1782451_10203498713327614_759431934_o.jpg

1655456_10203498791089558_1214241031_o.jpg

Different times of day.

tumblr_n2fwxg9ZZC1r8tgs3o1_500.gif

Saw this sitting in the shelf today at Wally World and did a double take. I wonder if it would have rung up.
Maybe, a lot of people are getting the game early. Im hoping they up the release date because of it, probably wishful thinking though, haha.

Some screenshots taken with the share button. Game really looks gorgeous.

1979980_10203498015870178_423492777_o.jpg
1782451_10203498713327614_759431934_o.jpg

1655456_10203498791089558_1214241031_o.jpg

Different times of day.

tumblr_n2fwxg9ZZC1r8tgs3o1_500.gif

Maybe, a lot of people are getting the game early. Im hoping they up the release date because of it, probably wishful thinking though, haha.
:drool: im super sad i can't buy a ps4 like i planned man this game looks amazing and fun.

Ubisoft should have released watchdogs last year. Now with all this next gen games showing more impressive graphics, im debating just cancelling my preorder and just buy watchdogs when its dirt cheap. (We all know that will happen)

There's rumors on the private IGN Podcast Beyond Facebook forum that some retailer is selling copies early? Any idea whom?
Most likely Mom and Pop shops. I also saw pictures of Wal-mart having it in-stock but I am not sure if the computer will let you complete the purchase.

Watched IGN's live stream from last week today.  Man this game looks amazing, and the special abilities are awesome, however they blocked out some of them in the demo due to trying to keep a new surprise for when the game is released.

There have been plenty of twitch streams of this going all weekend. Looks like it leaked a bunch of places.  Sadly, amazon never ships early when this happens so I'm still waiting for Friday.

best buy preorder is DLC, i think its like  avest, im not sure, but mine was just shipped this morning so should be getting the DLC code soon and ill let u know wha t it is

So bad news on the BB preorder bonus...

Infamous Second Son Pre Order Bonus - PlayStation 4 [Digital Download Add-On]
Exclusive vests, designed by Seattle locals Penny Arcade, the good folks over at iam8bit, San Diego street artist Exist 1981, and artista y disenadora, Jos! The entire set is available exclusively via pre-order of Infamous Second Son.
Codes are usually sent via e-mail within 30 minutes. In some cases it could take up to 8 hours.
No Cole DLC like Amazon... :( But I can't pass up gamer's club pricing...

So bad news on the BB preorder bonus...

No Cole DLC like Amazon... :( But I can't pass up gamer's club pricing...
You should still get the Cole DLC, as that is included with any Limited Edition. It also does list it under the description on Best Buy's site -

"Unlock Cole's Jacket for Delsin to wear in the Bonus Exclusive

Cole's Legacy: bridges the gap in time with a series of missions Delsin Rowe must complete that reveal unique insights into how the world of inFAMOUS Second Son came to be."

I think the Limited Edition is all the first print run of the game, similar to how Battlefield had limited editions that included the first DLC, or the Xbone Day One edition of games.

You should still get the Cole DLC, as that is included with any Limited Edition. It also does list it under the description on Best Buy's site -

"Unlock Cole's Jacket for Delsin to wear in the Bonus Exclusive

Cole's Legacy: bridges the gap in time with a series of missions Delsin Rowe must complete that reveal unique insights into how the world of inFAMOUS Second Son came to be."

I think the Limited Edition is all the first print run of the game, similar to how Battlefield had limited editions that included the first DLC, or the Xbone Day One edition of games.
Hope I get it...

Only two more days!!! Reviews will be dropping on Thursday. I'll be picking it up regardless, but Im hoping the scores are good. I've always felt that the Infamous series was very underrated. For reference, infamous 1 and 2 have a metacritic average of 85 and 83.

Also, here's a infamous story recap for those who haven't play the first 2 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd_7bjsphA4

About how long does it take to beat Infamous 1 & 2? I have it but never got around to it.

On a side note I just played Uncharted 2 for the first time a couple months ago and I can't believed that I waited so long to play it. That game was amazing!

About how long does it take to beat Infamous 1 & 2? I have it but never got around to it.

On a side note I just played Uncharted 2 for the first time a couple months ago and I can't believed that I waited so long to play it. That game was amazing!
UC2 is one of the greatest games of all time!!!! The MP is also up there amongst the greatest. I wonder if the community is still active. As for infamous, I would say about 10 hours each game if you're just doing the main story. But it will require two playthroughs if you wanna experience all the powers, and part two has 2 different endings.

The MP is also up there amongst the greatest.
it WAS up there. they have fucked with it so much that it lost its magic. plus all those damn map glitches. sure pulling someone through a solid floor was fun for a game or two, but it got old. that along with getting sniped through walls from across the map.

Still havent preordered. Wonder if the limited edition will be available instore on friday. The LE is the 1st run copies right? Or will there be regular versions on day 1 already?

Started up Infamous 2 yesterday.  Just caught up on the story from the first from Wikipedia and the video above (thanks for posting Gamer4life88!).

I'm loving it, and thus am stoked from Second Son now given how amazing it looks.  I wont' buy it right away as I'll want to play some other stuff after Infamous 2, but I'll get it in the next couple months probably (definitely if there's a sale on it somewhere).

One of the best things next gen has brought is scope and distance.  When you are on a roof top and look off way into the distance, everything you see you can go to in the game.  

gaming-infamous-second-sun-screenshot-5.jpg

infamous.jpg

yeah i did the same today started a new game in 2 and man did i forget how great the game is. Cant wait till finances get better i can get ps4 with second son.

bread's done
Back