Iron Soldier II Limited Edition Cartridge (Atari Jaguar) $114.94 (+ ~$6.00 shipping) from The GOAT Store, LLC

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
http://www.goatstore.com/Products/Atari/Jaguar/153089/Iron_Soldier_2_Cartridge/

Compare that price to:

Songbird Productions- $119.95 (+ $8.00 shipping)

B&C Computervisions (MyAtari)- $125.00 (+ shipping)
These are reprints from Telegames that look like this-

153089_Iron-Soldier-2-Cartridge_limited+edition+label_00_m.jpg

Instead of this-

153089_Iron-Soldier-2-Cartridge_original+release+label_00_m.jpg

And yes, the original release was the bottom pic. Telegames releases get 2-4 copies reprinted about every six months or so. These are official releases. The Atari Jaguar is one of the few game consoles that still gets games reprinted for it. The other game consoles that have had this kind of treatment off the top of my head were the Neo Geo AES (SvC Chaos) and PlayStaion 1 (Atlus and Squeenix games got reprints up until 2011 or so; Final Fantasy VIII being one of those reprints). 

Holy shit!  Jaguar?  I never had enough money to buy one of those systems when they were around.  It seems the price for the games have even went up.

Wow, that's AWESOME it's getting real reprints!  I actually had a 3D0 and Apple/Bandai Pippen, but never had a Jaguar (wanted one too as it was U.S. made, though in retrospect I guess it's library is pretty weak).

Still, that's SO cool they're doing this!  There are so many older games I'd love to buy if I could buy new (real) consoles for 'em and new real cartridges/CDs.

Like the info about Neo-Geo and Playstation 1!  (I'd noticed those Final Fantasy games kept being available, which is really cool...hope people snapped 'em up.)

You'll also enjoy the fact that Songbird Productions has gotten the rights to bring previously-cancelled titles like Total Carnage and Robinson's Requiem to the platform, too. Robinson's Requiem even got glass-mastered!

There was a Jaguar model of the Atari?  They never mention that at the computer museum.  I thought an Atari was an Atari.  Lol.

There was a Jaguar model of the Atari? They never mention that at the computer museum. I thought an Atari was an Atari. Lol.
There were 4 Atari home consoles and a bunch of Atari home computers and an Atari handheld to compete with the Game Boy. The Jaguar was graphically on par with the Super NES, SEGA Genesis, TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo AES.

Always wanted a Jaguar but could never afford it when I was a kid. However, I did manage to get a Lynx when I got older. 

When I first started collecting I bought two Jags, two copies of DOOM and a NOS Jaglink, just so I could test out the network play and see if it would drop matches like I read online.

I'll probably rebuy one at some point. I think I still have an overlay for DOOM.

Bought my Jag at Gamestop/Babbage...one console($49) & all the games ($9.99) they had and an extra controller, back in the late 90's, when the Jag wasn't getting anymore support.  Loved playing Iron Soldier & Alien vs Predator.  I turned it on just recently, and though the graphics are outdated it's still fun to play.

lol yes.

ah the good old jaguar.....brother bought....bought 3 games for it plus the one it came with and that was really that. a second controller and despite the fact we played the **** out of it we never bought more games.

that geometry shaped space ship flying game was fun even if one level always glitched on me and couldnt be beat.....doom got beaten to high heaven and back except for one fun glitch....we tried warping to level 25 and the game then decided we would permanently be locked out of level 25....so our game went to level 24 then back to level 4 and so on endlessly. aliens vs predator continuely killed us to no end. and some kind of ninja fighter game just completely owned us in all possible ways constantly. 

despite this we tried to beat doom damnit lol and that aliens game....we played the **** out of those games. I also must say it was a blast discovering codes in doom(proud to say that was my doing in the era before the internet)

RIP JAGUAR!!!!

me, my brother, and a friend really loved that system. good times man...good times....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy a new Sega Saturn game in a heartbeat if they still made them. But alas the system is impossible to program for plus the disc protection.

I would buy a new Sega Saturn game in a heartbeat if they still made them. But alas the system is impossible to program for plus the disc protection.
I believe the homebrew scene managed to crack the disc protection so you don't need a chipped system in order to play their games. The downside is they only make games like Frog Feast.

Iron Soldier was all about the remote control Cruise Missile. Loooved guiding the final hit to the enemy with remote cam...in 1994. Seeing TxK made nostalgic for Tempest 2000. 

I believe the homebrew scene managed to crack the disc protection so you don't need a chipped system in order to play their games. The downside is they only make games like Frog Feast.
Unfortunately I havent heard this unless it was just recently. Beyond that its nearly impossible to develop games for the system so most of the homebrew scene shades towards Dreamcast.

Unfortunately I havent heard this unless it was just recently. Beyond that its nearly impossible to develop games for the system so most of the homebrew scene shades towards Dreamcast.
Actually, I think you are right. I misremembered the status.

I have autographed copies of Tempest 2k cart, Tempest 2k Soundtrack CD and a Jaguar t-shirt by Jeff Minter himself....  saw him at a local Toys R Us during the times when Atari went to many local video game retailers to demo the Jaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp, since the shipping for 2 items through Songbird evened out the price to be cheaper for me (I got Robinson's Requiem and Iron Soldier 2), I went with Songbird. However, the Iron Soldier 2 that I got in the mail was this one-

153089_Iron-Soldier-2-Cartridge_original+release+label_00_m.jpg

But it had the box and instruction booklet of the better one. I contacted Carl Forhan (the owner of Songbird Productions) about it to see what we can do, and he said he doesn't have anymore to exchange it out with. So I just sent him another email asking if he'd get anymore from them and if so, I'd be willing to swap it out then. Here's hoping he'd be willing to do that.

If the end result is not what I like, what should I do?

bread's done
Back