Cheap Limited/Collector's Editions (Xbox 360)

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys I've been browsing around and have picked out some Collector's/Limited Editions that appear to be cheap in my opinion. Sorry if Repost.

(Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360) Target Clearance $35.00

http://www.target.com/p/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition-xbox-360/-/A-13566217#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=gears+3+limited

(Forza Horizon Limited Edition Xbox 360 TigerDirect) $21.97

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4903786&CatId=3264

(Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition Xbox 360 Newegg) $54.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874330061

(Batman Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition Xbox 360) (Newegg But third party) $50.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZG0YM3455

(Saints row the Third Platinum Pack Xbox 360) Bestbuy $39.99 (Even Cheaper with GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/saints-row-the-third-platinum-pack-xbox-360/3001046.p?id=1218370452031&skuId=3001046&st=categoryid$abcat0701002&lp=39&cp=6

(Bioshock Infinite:premium Edition Xbox 360) Bestbuy $44.99 (Cheaper with GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bioshock-infinite-premium-edition-xbox-360/6970182.p?id=1218817855768&skuId=6970182&st=categoryid$abcat0701002&lp=46&cp=6#tab=overview

(Injustice Collector's Xbox 360) Bestbuy $49.99 (Really only a good deal if you want the Xbox 360 version and have GCU since Gamestop sold out)

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag Limited Edition Xbox 360 Newegg $89.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874170134

(Edit)

(Batman Arkham Origins Xbox 360 Collector's Edition $60) Microsoft Store.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Collector39s-Edition-for-Xbox-360/productID.287470400

(Tomb Raider Xbox 360 Collector's Edition) Microsoft Store $42.99

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Tomb-Raider-Collector39s-Edition-for-Xbox-360/productID.290935900

(Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition) Microsoft Store $74.99

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Tom-Clancy39s-Splinter-Cell-Blacklist/productID.285902700

(Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters Limited Edition Xbox 360) Microsoft Store $69.99

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Borderlands-2-Deluxe-Vault-Hunter39s-Limited-Edition-for-Xbox-360/productID.253808600

Last edited by a moderator:
That is overpriced on gears of 3 limited edition for as little as it has enclosed in it it been that price for almost a whole year now on target website without a drop and for it to be in stock for a whole year is for a reason

Thanks Twisted,
Been wanting the Forza Horizon CE for awhile, but kept missing those Amazon deals. Wish Best Buy had it available to PM, since I don't care much for TigerDirect.
Such a great game, the only racing game I've actually finished.

Deathsmiles was a $15 a day ago and about a month ago was $13.
Always amazes me how many people on here quote and say "It was cheaper a week ago" and then just leave as if telling someone that some time ago in the past something was cheaper, as if it actually helps right now when it is no longer that cheap.

[quote name="Mr_hat" post="11526118" timestamp="1392384061"]Always amazes me how many people on here quote and say "It was cheaper a week ago" and then just leave as if telling someone that some time ago in the past something was cheaper, as if it actually helps right now when it is no longer that cheap.[/quote]

The point of posts like that is if it's been cheaper before, it very likely will again and/or this is actually a bad price because it's an increase over what potentially was a lower price that existed for days/weeks/months or more. Deathsmiles for $26 for example, is actually kind of high since it has been much lower many times and as far as I knew it was still holding at $15 max.

Always amazes me how many people on here quote and say "It was cheaper a week ago" and then just leave as if telling someone that some time ago in the past something was cheaper, as if it actually helps right now when it is no longer that cheap.
ive watched that game for more than 6 months. this is the first ive seen it go up higher than $20. it usually lingers at the 15-16 price. i wouldve bought it if itd had reached the 10$ point but it went back to 15.99 shortly after it reached $13.(less then 4hrs after it went to 13)

ive watched that game for more than 6 months. this is the first ive seen it go up higher than $20. it usually lingers at the 15-16 price. i wouldve bought it if itd had reached the 10$ point but it went back to 15.99 shortly after it reached $13.(less then 4hrs after it went to 13)
It was actually even $10 and sub $10 a few times

Great, thanks Porkchop!
Was thinking about this for $50, but for $40 and some Amazon credit, it was a no brainer.

Where did all of these come from? Weren't these rare and expensive not too long ago?

...and yeah, that Skyrim Collectors Edition is outstanding,
I would've paid $30-$40 for that art book by itself, and the making of Skyrim video is very interesting, not to mention the awesome statue.

Thanks Twisted,
Been wanting the Forza Horizon CE for awhile, but kept missing those Amazon deals. Wish Best Buy had it available to PM, since I don't care much for TigerDirect.
Such a great game, the only racing game I've actually finished.
Hmm, is there something wrong with TigerDirect.com?...

Hitman Absolution Professional Edition is 28.94 at Amazon
Well, I purchased Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) for $19.99 on clearance at my local Best Buy. YMMV, though... ;)

the Skyrim CE is a great buy. Easily worth its price here. I got it at BB a couple years ago for $60 and dont regret a penny!
Depends... 50/50 chance it comes beat to shit.

I have all three PC/360/PS3 that I got from Newegg for $50 each and luckily each is perfect as they were doubleboxed for shipment.

If these have been sitting in a warehouse you might luck out though.

Hmm, is there something wrong with TigerDirect.com?...

)
The last two times I ordered from them I never got my items.

Got the Origins CE.. Is the gears one worth it?
The Gears CE isn't that impressive....especially next to the Origins CE that you just ordered. The case is nice, with the cog, but I'd hold out for it to drop, or to see if you can find the Epic Edition at a good price.

The Gears CE isn't that impressive....especially next to the Origins CE that you just ordered. The case is nice, with the cog, but I'd hold out for it to drop, or to see if you can find the Epic Edition at a good price.
Is the flag of good quality at least? Would like to frame all that stuff but of course i would like the epic edition more.

CE Nerds beware of that Batman Arkham Asylum CE.  It's bad.  Like, really bad.  I love that game and I have a weakness for CE's, but that one I immediately put on up on ebay after opening it.  That batarang is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen.  It's seriously like a target one-spot kids toy quality of cheap plastic.  The case just blows and there is no way to store or display it.  It doesn't come with a regular game case and the only even remotely redeeming item is the journal.  Even that was pretty weak in comparison to journals put out with Halo Reach and so on. 

Not worth $20, in my humble, CE loving, opinion.

CE Nerds beware of that Batman Arkham Asylum CE. It's bad. Like, really bad. I love that game and I have a weakness for CE's, but that one I immediately put on up on ebay after opening it. That batarang is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen. It's seriously like a target one-spot kids toy quality of cheap plastic. The case just blows and there is no way to store or display it. It doesn't come with a regular game case and the only even remotely redeeming item is the journal. Even that was pretty weak in comparison to journals put out with Halo Reach and so on.

Thanks for that. Thought the batarang was some cheap metal. :p

Got spooked for a second i thought you said the origins CE is bad xD

I really want that origins CE but I really don't want to pay 50+ for it. Guess I will wait and see if it ever hits 39.99.

Oh well,
Ordered Arkham Asylum anyway. Had the other two CE, so I had to complete the set.

....and the Arkham Origins CE is outstanding. One of my favorite recent purchases.
The game was excellent, and statue really cool ( don't forget the hidden 'spoiler' item in the back door), all the pictures and posters, and probably my favorite: the art book. An art book with not just great pictures, but tons of information from the artists.
I highly recommend it at that price.

Unfortunately, the Gears flag is made of cheap, thin material and is fairly small. If you were thinking of Assassin's Creed flag, it's nowhere close to that. It's actually more like a Gears handkerchief.

CE Nerds beware of that Batman Arkham Asylum CE. It's bad. Like, really bad. I love that game and I have a weakness for CE's, but that one I immediately put on up on ebay after opening it. That batarang is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen. It's seriously like a target one-spot kids toy quality of cheap plastic. The case just blows and there is no way to store or display it. It doesn't come with a regular game case and the only even remotely redeeming item is the journal. Even that was pretty weak in comparison to journals put out with Halo Reach and so on.

While it certainly wasn't worth the retail price I paid for it way back when it came out, I think it's well worth $20 if you're a fan of the series. The batarang is definitely cheap but doesn't look that bad displayed, and I'm a big fan of the case. I have mine displayed on top of the old CRT tv I use in my game room for my retro systems, and I think it looks great:

IMG_2344.JPG

While it certainly wasn't worth the retail price I paid for it way back when it came out, I think it's well worth $20 if you're a fan of the series. The batarang is definitely cheap but doesn't look that bad displayed, and I'm a big fan of the case. I have mine displayed on top of the old CRT tv I use in my game room for my retro systems, and I think it looks great:
I think I paid 20 or 25 for mine some time ago. I dont regret it at that price at all. It's actually kinda cool. If you were expecting a metal batarang that you could decapitate someone with, you just had your expectations way too high is all. The only thing I didnt like was that I also had the GOTY edition because it came with stuff not included in the CE, IIRC.

While I bashed the Arkham Asylum CE (and stand by it......looked at that scratched up plastic!), the Arkham City CE is one of the best.  That Batman statue is just great and still prominently displayed with my game stuff. 

bread's done
Back