Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Cheap Limited/Collector's Editions (Xbox 360)

Xbox 360 Bestbuy Target Kmart

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

-----

#32 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Anybody ever see a deal on the Fallout New Vegas CE?

29.99 at Gamestop but you'll have to do some searching!

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#33 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Thanks Twisted,
Been wanting the Forza Horizon CE for awhile, but kept missing those Amazon deals. Wish Best Buy had it available to PM, since I don't care much for TigerDirect.
Such a great game, the only racing game I've actually finished.

Hmm, is there something wrong with TigerDirect.com?...

Hitman Absolution Professional Edition is 28.94 at Amazon

Well, I purchased Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) for $19.99 on clearance at my local Best Buy. YMMV, though... ;)

Rise from your grave...

#34 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Well, I purchased Hitman Absolution (Professional Edition) for $19.99 on clearance at my local Best Buy. YMMV, though... ;)

It's currently $25.79 online with GCU right now at BB.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),Shig, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

"There's no law against stupid, I'm the one guy who says don't force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are." - Mark Cuban

#35 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

the Skyrim CE is a great buy.  Easily worth its price here.  I got it at BB a couple years ago for $60 and dont regret a penny!

Depends... 50/50 chance it comes beat to shit.

I have all three PC/360/PS3 that I got from Newegg for $50 each and luckily each is perfect as they were doubleboxed for shipment.

If these have been sitting in a warehouse you might luck out though.

#36 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

The Borderlands 2 Deluxe VH for 360 is 29.99 at Gamestop right now too, but in store only.

laundrymatt77.png

#37 Dante84

Dante84

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

Got the Origins CE.. Is the gears one worth it?

These were made by me:  :xb1:  :ps4:   :vita:
Thank you CheapyD for implementing them.

#38 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

)

The last two times I ordered from them I never got my items.

Got the Origins CE.. Is the gears one worth it?

The Gears CE isn't that impressive....especially next to the Origins CE that you just ordered. The case is nice, with the cog, but I'd hold out for it to drop, or to see if you can find the Epic Edition at a good price.

#39 Dante84

Dante84

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

The Gears CE isn't that impressive....especially next to the Origins CE that you just ordered. The case is nice, with the cog, but I'd hold out for it to drop, or to see if you can find the Epic Edition at a good price.

Is the flag of good quality at least? Would like to frame all that stuff but of course i would like the epic edition more.

#40 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

CE Nerds beware of that Batman Arkham Asylum CE.  It's bad.  Like, really bad.  I love that game and I have a weakness for CE's, but that one I immediately put on up on ebay after opening it.  That batarang is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen.  It's seriously like a target one-spot kids toy quality of cheap plastic.  The case just blows and there is no way to store or display it.  It doesn't come with a regular game case and the only even remotely redeeming item is the journal.  Even that was pretty weak in comparison to journals put out with Halo Reach and so on. 

Not worth $20, in my humble, CE loving, opinion.

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#41 Dante84

Dante84

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

CE Nerds beware of that Batman Arkham Asylum CE.  It's bad.  Like, really bad.  I love that game and I have a weakness for CE's, but that one I immediately put on up on ebay after opening it.  That batarang is the biggest P.O.S. I've ever seen.  It's seriously like a target one-spot kids toy quality of cheap plastic.  The case just blows and there is no way to store or display it.  It doesn't come with a regular game case and the only even remotely redeeming item is the journal.  Even that was pretty weak in comparison to journals put out with Halo Reach and so on. 

Thanks for that. Thought the batarang was some cheap metal. :p

Got spooked for a second i thought you said the origins CE is bad xD

#42 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

-----

#43 reaperztoll

reaperztoll

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

I really want that origins CE but I really don't want to pay 50+ for it. Guess I will wait and see if it ever hits 39.99.

#44 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Oh well,
Ordered Arkham Asylum anyway. Had the other two CE, so I had to complete the set.

....and the Arkham Origins CE is outstanding. One of my favorite recent purchases.
The game was excellent, and statue really cool ( don't forget the hidden 'spoiler' item in the back door), all the pictures and posters, and probably my favorite: the art book. An art book with not just great pictures, but tons of information from the artists.
I highly recommend it at that price.

Unfortunately, the Gears flag is made of cheap, thin material and is fairly small. If you were thinking of Assassin's Creed flag, it's nowhere close to that. It's actually more like a Gears handkerchief.

#45 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

While it certainly wasn't worth the retail price I paid for it way back when it came out, I think it's well worth $20 if you're a fan of the series.  The batarang is definitely cheap but doesn't look that bad displayed, and I'm a big fan of the case.  I have mine displayed on top of the old CRT tv I use in my game room for my retro systems, and I think it looks great:

IMG_2344.JPG

Posted Image

#46 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

While it certainly wasn't worth the retail price I paid for it way back when it came out, I think it's well worth $20 if you're a fan of the series.  The batarang is definitely cheap but doesn't look that bad displayed, and I'm a big fan of the case.  I have mine displayed on top of the old CRT tv I use in my game room for my retro systems, and I think it looks great:

I think I paid 20 or 25 for mine some time ago. I dont regret it at that price at all. It's actually kinda cool. If you were expecting a metal batarang that you could decapitate someone with, you just had your expectations way too high is all. The only thing I didnt like was that I also had the GOTY edition because it came with stuff not included in the CE, IIRC.

laundrymatt77.png

#47 cwis

cwis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

Just got the Arkham Origins CE thanks! Been wanting it at such a cheap price! :D

Posted Image

#48 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

While I bashed the Arkham Asylum CE (and stand by it......looked at that scratched up plastic!), the Arkham City CE is one of the best.  That Batman statue is just great and still prominently displayed with my game stuff. 

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#49 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Collector's is $39.99 at Gamestop. Not sure if it's been cheaper.

http://www.gamestop....-edition/103752

For reference it's clearance at $56 for Bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=6411359

663892.png?17663317

#50 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PS3 Case Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

Metal Gear Solid Revengeance 39.99 and AC4 Black Flag 43.99 GCU price at Best Buy right now

laundrymatt77.png

#51 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

Not a huge drop compared to what's around but the Sony Store has the God of War Ascension Collector's edition for $49.99

http://store.sony.co...yStation3-Games

663892.png?17663317

#52 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

Tron Evolution Collector's Edition is $32.99 for PS3 and Xbox 360, offered third party, but fulfilled by Amazon with prime.

http://www.amazon.co...ector's edition

Cheapest I can find since Gamestop has been OOS.

Max Payne 3 Special Edition is $34.99 on Amazon third party, but again fulfilled by Amazon and prime eligible.

http://www.amazon.co...ector's edition

• A copy of Max Payne 3
  • 10" tall collectible Max Payne statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games
  • Series of game-inspired original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne's inner demons and vices
  • Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped bullet keychain featuring a screw-off back
  • Classic multiplayer character pack of eight playable characters, from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2, like Max Payne, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem
  • Disorderly Conduct multiplayer weapons pack, including the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail
  • Max Payne 3 official soundtrack featuring the game's instrumental score

663892.png?17663317

#53 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

You want to talk about crappy CE? That Tron one comes very close to taking the cake. I paid $5 for mine and felt like I had been ripped off lol...like I was forced to take this horrible plastic garbage off someone's hands just to get the game for $5.

#54 SlyJew

SlyJew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

http://www.microsoft...uctID.276315100

Thank you for posting this link.

#55 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

While I bashed the Arkham Asylum CE (and stand by it......looked at that scratched up plastic!), 

It's supposed to look scratched because it's supposed to look like it's been used.  

Posted Image

#56 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I actually picked up one of the Batman AA CEs, since I had the PS3 on when it first released, and always wanted a 360 one when I swapped over to it.  I think the last time I checked they were still 90 to 100 bucks though on amazon. 

#57 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

I ended paying $14.69 for it a month ago after gcu and a manager special price

#58 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

-----

#59 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

My Skyrim CE arrived, although I'm not very happy that Microsoft literally stuck the main shipping label onto the box (not the slipcover, but there's a second shipping label on that). No box, no plastic wrap, not covered with anything at all. Anyone else have an item arrive like that? The box is obviously pretty banged up due to their carelessness. Especially considering it was $100.

That sounds terrible given the cost of it. Good luck if you decide to complain they have the worst costumer service around.

663892.png?17663317

#60 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

-----