retro retro gaming magazine NES sega kickstarter Playstation4 PS4

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 sparklepuss

sparklepuss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

This weekend only, subscribe using the code “iheartretro” & get 40% off cover price: http://bit.ly/buyretro 

300X250_valentines.png

#2 sparklepuss

sparklepuss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

This has been extended for the entire weekend

#3 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Does that apply to digital as we'll?

#4 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

EDITED to avoid potential flamage.....but anyway what's good about this magazine? Not saying it isn't good, just haven't heard of it.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#5 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Is this a print + digital subscription? I'd be in for one at this price :)

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#6 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yeah its hard for me to jump on something so unknown.

#7 rlm2112

rlm2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

It goes from $32.99 to $25.00 with the code. I can't do math, but that doesn't seem like 40% off.

I've never heard of this magazine, despite following many of the reported contributors on twitter, which seems weird. This includes:

Pretty much everyone from Retronauts, Jeff Green, Ryan Scott, Seanbaby, and more.

Here is the kickstarter page for it:
https://www.kickstar...gaz/description

I'm interested, but not sure about this...
Posted Image

#8 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

:/ gaming media operates 24/7 on YouTube and RSS feeds and news apps like pulse. Is there a point to pay for news when you'll know all about it before the issue arrives at your doorstep?

#9 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

:/ gaming media operates 24/7 on YouTube and RSS feeds and news apps like pulse. Is there a point to pay for news when you'll know all about it before the issue arrives at your doorstep?

Ummm the magazine is called "Retro." It isn't about news.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#10 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Ummm the magazine is called "Retro." It isn't about news.

:x I need someone to confirm this because the cover on the issue on the subscription page is of a game that hasn't been released yet.

#11 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

bi-monthly = no deal.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#12 rlm2112

rlm2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

:x I need someone to confirm this because the cover on the issue on the subscription page is of a game that hasn't been released yet.

Read the kickstarter link I posted. This is not a "news" magazine.
Posted Image

#13 ChaseTheChuckwagon

ChaseTheChuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

It's hard to believe we are already mailing out our third issue of RETRO Magazine.  Here is a short preview of what to expect when it arrives to your mailbox. Not a subscriber?  Visit http://www.ReadRETRO.com.  Oh, and I hear that code at the start of this thread is still good :)

RETRO #3 Preview:
http://issuu.com/mar...issue_3_preview

#14 ChaseTheChuckwagon

ChaseTheChuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

To any of our subscribers over here on CAG I wanted to just say that the summer lull is over and RETRO Issue #4 is wrapped and at the printers and should be then off to the mailhouse by the end of next week.  Summer and E3 slowed the entire team down but we hope to be back on track for delivering the final two magazines of our inaugural year.  Here is a sneak peek of what some of you can expect in your mailboxes soon:

http://issuu.com/mar...issue_4_issuu/1

If you aren't yet receiving RETRO then you can subscribe here:  http://www.readretro.com/subscribe Choose Option 1 if you want a print subscription and use promo code longliveretro for a nice discount.  Ya, ya, we have a few promo codes floating around out there but I think this is still the best one :)

#15 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:20 AM

I think my math is off too -- both codes drop down to $27.99 which is only $5 off... not 40%. I am a current subscriber -- its a decent magazine with some well know contributors, however the content doesn't really warrant the bi-monthly releases; issues are 68 pages each... but it seems like there should be a bit more content for the price/6 issues a year. I also subscribe to RetroGamer and PC Gamer, so each month I do get my 'fix' -- Retrogamer has a ton of content and is monthly; the price is crazy unless you can get a nice coupon code (I snagged a year sub for $60 USD, which is less than $10 a issue.

I understand this is a new magazine and the team is still 'growing' -- I hope they continue to do well and become better. However, I would totally renew IF the code was actually 40% off, but I am highly considering not renewing come renewal time. 

#16 ChaseTheChuckwagon

ChaseTheChuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

$25 is 40% off of the cover price of 6 issues x $7 + $3 for shipping  $.50/issue = $28 :)  $4.66/issue delivered in the USA.

#17 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

I understand what you are saying, however the normal subscription price for print + digital is $32.99, already 40% discount from cover price.

The code actually makes issues 53% off cover price, increasing the normal sub price an additional 13%.

Please, help me understand -- its late at night and I have a 5 month old :)

#18 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

I think my math is off too -- both codes drop down to $27.99 which is only $5 off... not 40%. I am a current subscriber -- its a decent magazine with some well know contributors, however the content doesn't really warrant the bi-monthly releases; issues are 68 pages each... but it seems like there should be a bit more content for the price/6 issues a year. I also subscribe to RetroGamer and PC Gamer, so each month I do get my 'fix' -- Retrogamer has a ton of content and is monthly; the price is crazy unless you can get a nice coupon code (I snagged a year sub for $60 USD, which is less than $10 a issue.

I understand this is a new magazine and the team is still 'growing' -- I hope they continue to do well and become better. However, I would totally renew IF the code was actually 40% off, but I am highly considering not renewing come renewal time. 

Is the $60 Retrogamer for a print sub? Do you remember the code you used?

Several months ago, Edge was $19.99/yr. on the Google Play store for a couple of days. I heard that on iOS, there's an app that has a Netflix-like price model and includes Retrogamer and Games TM.

#19 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

so what codes do i use? longliveretro? whats the 2nd one, the one in the OP?

I like a good game magazine. I miss the old PSM mags. THose were some of my faves. I still have some of my old PS1 memory card stickers that came with those

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#20 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

I love that artwork on the cover of issue 4.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#21 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Several months ago, Edge was $19.99/yr. on the Google Play store for a couple of days. I heard that on iOS, there's an app that has a Netflix-like price model and includes Retrogamer and Games TM.

That's a nice price for Edge. Too bad I missed it.

#22 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

With this topic I had to check twice to make sure I was in the video GAMES deals forum

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

To any of our subscribers over here on CAG I wanted to just say that the summer lull is over and RETRO Issue #4 is wrapped and at the printers and should be th0en off to the mailhouse by the end of next week. Summer and E3 slowed the entire team down but we hope to be back on track for delivering the final two magazines of our inaugural year. Here is a sneak peek of what some of you can expect in your mailboxes soon:

http://issuu.com/mar...issue_4_issuu/1

This thread is from February. Your update reads more like a bump in an attempt to pimp your site than actual informational post.

Pass though still. There are other retro mags and more youtube videos than I can shake a stick at.

If you aren't yet receiving RETRO then you can subscribe here: http://www.readretro.com/subscribe Choose Option 1 if you want a print subscription and use promo code longliveretro for a nice discount. Ya, ya, we have a few promo codes floating around out there but I think this is still the best one :)

#24 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Thanks! I grabbed a sub. I've been wanting one since when it started but I didn't have the funds before. Long Live Retro!  O:)

gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#25 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

With this topic I had to check twice to make sure I was in the video GAMES deals forum

Shut the Fuck up.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#26 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

It was for a print sub, however the code doesn't work anymore. Try the code 'RETRO' and see what that does...

#27 RagManX

RagManX

Complete Doofus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Glad I saw this thread. Forgot about ordering a digital sub way back when this was posted. Haven't received a single email regarding the mag since getting my order confirmation. Guess I need to track down support and find out where my issues are. Anyone else go digital and get their magazine?

http://www.blahblahblahg.com/ - My random geek blog
Game Patches - my other online voice

#28 ChaseTheChuckwagon

ChaseTheChuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Glad I saw this thread. Forgot about ordering a digital sub way back when this was posted. Haven't received a single email regarding the mag since getting my order confirmation. Guess I need to track down support and find out where my issues are. Anyone else go digital and get their magazine?

Hey RagManX,  Email me at socalmike@gamegavel.com if you need to check on something.  If you are starting with issue #4 it should be uploaded and ready for download shortly.

#29 jamesetakacs

jamesetakacs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

I forgot to mention I subscribed yesterday, so thanks for the offer!