RETRO magazine 40% off cover price today only use code "iheartretro"

EDITED to avoid potential flamage.....but anyway what's good about this magazine? Not saying it isn't good, just haven't heard of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes from $32.99 to $25.00 with the code. I can't do math, but that doesn't seem like 40% off.

I've never heard of this magazine, despite following many of the reported contributors on twitter, which seems weird. This includes:

Pretty much everyone from Retronauts, Jeff Green, Ryan Scott, Seanbaby, and more.

Here is the kickstarter page for it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/socalmike/retro-the-multi-format-throw-back-video-game-magaz/description

I'm interested, but not sure about this...

:/ gaming media operates 24/7 on YouTube and RSS feeds and news apps like pulse. Is there a point to pay for news when you'll know all about it before the issue arrives at your doorstep?

To any of our subscribers over here on CAG I wanted to just say that the summer lull is over and RETRO Issue #4 is wrapped and at the printers and should be then off to the mailhouse by the end of next week.  Summer and E3 slowed the entire team down but we hope to be back on track for delivering the final two magazines of our inaugural year.  Here is a sneak peek of what some of you can expect in your mailboxes soon:

http://issuu.com/markkaminski/docs/retro_issue_4_issuu/1

If you aren't yet receiving RETRO then you can subscribe here:  http://www.readretro.com/subscribe Choose Option 1 if you want a print subscription and use promo code longliveretro for a nice discount.  Ya, ya, we have a few promo codes floating around out there but I think this is still the best one :)

I think my math is off too -- both codes drop down to $27.99 which is only $5 off... not 40%. I am a current subscriber -- its a decent magazine with some well know contributors, however the content doesn't really warrant the bi-monthly releases; issues are 68 pages each... but it seems like there should be a bit more content for the price/6 issues a year. I also subscribe to RetroGamer and PC Gamer, so each month I do get my 'fix' -- Retrogamer has a ton of content and is monthly; the price is crazy unless you can get a nice coupon code (I snagged a year sub for $60 USD, which is less than $10 a issue.

I understand this is a new magazine and the team is still 'growing' -- I hope they continue to do well and become better. However, I would totally renew IF the code was actually 40% off, but I am highly considering not renewing come renewal time. 

$25 is 40% off of the cover price of 6 issues x $7 + $3 for shipping  $.50/issue = $28 :)  $4.66/issue delivered in the USA.

I understand what you are saying, however the normal subscription price for print + digital is $32.99, already 40% discount from cover price.

The code actually makes issues 53% off cover price, increasing the normal sub price an additional 13%.

Please, help me understand -- its late at night and I have a 5 month old :)

I think my math is off too -- both codes drop down to $27.99 which is only $5 off... not 40%. I am a current subscriber -- its a decent magazine with some well know contributors, however the content doesn't really warrant the bi-monthly releases; issues are 68 pages each... but it seems like there should be a bit more content for the price/6 issues a year. I also subscribe to RetroGamer and PC Gamer, so each month I do get my 'fix' -- Retrogamer has a ton of content and is monthly; the price is crazy unless you can get a nice coupon code (I snagged a year sub for $60 USD, which is less than $10 a issue.

I understand this is a new magazine and the team is still 'growing' -- I hope they continue to do well and become better. However, I would totally renew IF the code was actually 40% off, but I am highly considering not renewing come renewal time. 
Is the $60 Retrogamer for a print sub? Do you remember the code you used?

Several months ago, Edge was $19.99/yr. on the Google Play store for a couple of days. I heard that on iOS, there's an app that has a Netflix-like price model and includes Retrogamer and Games TM.

so what codes do i use? longliveretro? whats the 2nd one, the one in the OP?

I like a good game magazine. I miss the old PSM mags. THose were some of my faves. I still have some of my old PS1 memory card stickers that came with those

Several months ago, Edge was $19.99/yr. on the Google Play store for a couple of days. I heard that on iOS, there's an app that has a Netflix-like price model and includes Retrogamer and Games TM.
That's a nice price for Edge. Too bad I missed it.

With this topic I had to check twice to make sure I was in the video GAMES deals forum

To any of our subscribers over here on CAG I wanted to just say that the summer lull is over and RETRO Issue #4 is wrapped and at the printers and should be th0en off to the mailhouse by the end of next week. Summer and E3 slowed the entire team down but we hope to be back on track for delivering the final two magazines of our inaugural year. Here is a sneak peek of what some of you can expect in your mailboxes soon:

http://issuu.com/markkaminski/docs/retro_issue_4_issuu/1

This thread is from February. Your update reads more like a bump in an attempt to pimp your site than actual informational post.

Pass though still. There are other retro mags and more youtube videos than I can shake a stick at.

If you aren't yet receiving RETRO then you can subscribe here: http://www.readretro.com/subscribe Choose Option 1 if you want a print subscription and use promo code longliveretro for a nice discount. Ya, ya, we have a few promo codes floating around out there but I think this is still the best one :)

Thanks! I grabbed a sub. I've been wanting one since when it started but I didn't have the funds before. Long Live Retro!  O:)

It was for a print sub, however the code doesn't work anymore. Try the code 'RETRO' and see what that does...

Glad I saw this thread. Forgot about ordering a digital sub way back when this was posted. Haven't received a single email regarding the mag since getting my order confirmation. Guess I need to track down support and find out where my issues are. Anyone else go digital and get their magazine?

Glad I saw this thread. Forgot about ordering a digital sub way back when this was posted. Haven't received a single email regarding the mag since getting my order confirmation. Guess I need to track down support and find out where my issues are. Anyone else go digital and get their magazine?
Hey RagManX, Email me at [email protected] if you need to check on something. If you are starting with issue #4 it should be uploaded and ready for download shortly.

bread's done
Back