Iron Man 1 and 2 Blu Rays for $5 Each (Groupon)

Located here: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-iron-man-1-or-2-on-blu-ray-3

Iron Man 1 and 2 are both on sale for $5 each. I purchased both and will be seeing if these even are legit. Anyone else purchased these Blu Rays from Groupon? It seems like a steal.
Why wouldn't it be legit? Paid $4 for Iron Man at Amazon over a year ago. And some would argue they should pay you to buy Iron Man 2. As for Groupon, haven't heard of any issues with the merchandise itself, just slow shipping.

Seriously, why the hell is it so hard for Paramount/Disney to make more copies of the 2-disc edition of Iron Man 1? I want extras, dammit!

Why wouldn't it be legit? Paid $4 for Iron Man at Amazon over a year ago. And some would argue they should pay you to buy Iron Man 2. As for Groupon, haven't heard of any issues with the merchandise itself, just slow shipping.
Same with me, amazon had them for $3.96 each on black Friday 2012, so these are def. legit.

I liked Iron Man and Iron Man 3. I thought Iron Man 2 was a bad movie.
It was, but you need it if you want a complete set. It has several important developments, not the least of which is the consummation of the Tony/Pepper romance.

It should be noted that shipping is $2.99, which pretty much takes this from being a great deal to a fair one.

I can not get them both in my car. I add one, then add the other and it replaces it. I go to a different screen and it says I have 2 items in my cart. I then go to the cart and it says it is empty. WTF?

Had to switch to a different browswer. Annoying.  Also, don't forget, if you go through mybestbuy.com's "online mall" partners thing you can get My Best Buy points for your purchase too.

Oh great its shipping DHL which means that it won't  be able to be tracked... Dammit. 

Due to all of the shitty storms around the South, I was unable to track a package from another order and it sucks. 

I already own Iron man 1 and 2 but both are single disc versions. Gonna pick up this Iron man 2 as it is apparently a 3 disc version though.  Thanks OP!

Wow Im a little late but this is an amazing deal. Glad its still live. Ordered both. Ive been watching these  in my Amazon wish list and on Blu-ray.com for the past half year and they haven't gone lower than $19.99 so this is an amazing deal. They have even been consistently $24 sometimes more.

I debated this one, but ended up getting Iron Man 2 (already have the original) since these now-owned-by-Disney movies hardly ever get discounted, and certainly not for under $10!

Thanks OP!

The picture they showed on the website was unquestionably the 3-disc version so it had better be that one since that was the sole reason I placed an order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came today and 2 was indeed the 3-disc edition with the slipcase. The first film was one disc though. Not sure if it has all of the bonus features, but I'll likely just keep my 2-disc DVD around for them.

Mine came today and 2 was indeed the 3-disc edition with the slipcase. The first film was one disc though. Not sure if it has all of the bonus features, but I'll likely just keep my 2-disc DVD around for them.
i have the solo blu ray of part 1 and it has all the special features AND the blu ray version of the animated film ”the invincible iron man” on it. speaking of these avengers movies after watching them in order over the last few days its amazing how many little easter eggs i missed before lol

i have the solo blu ray of part 1 and it has all the special features AND the blu ray version of the animated film ”the invincible iron man” on it. speaking of these avengers movies after watching them in order over the last few days its amazing how many little easter eggs i missed before lol
Doing some online checking it looks like the 1-disc version does have deleted/extended scenes & the animated feature, but it lacks the 108-minute documentary "I am Iron Man", Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man, and the rest of the stuff on the 2nd disc of the ultimate edition.

Got both. Great deal since the second one is fully loaded and comes with Digital Copy. Had some GroupOn buck that I didn't know about so worked out even better.

just to check and see if it happened to anyone else. i ordered them both, they both shipped the same day, but i received iron man 1 yesterday. i assume i'll get 2 tomorrow? lol

Anyone with positive experience w/Groupon? Ordered something on the 24th and still not even shipped yet. I just searched them up and they are hammered with negative feedbacks. Really tempted on this  though.

Got my copies in finally. Still find it weird that i ordered them together but they shipped separately and were kind of together until one got stuck in a city a few hours away. Anyways got IM1 on wednesday and 2 on friday. So all in all I got the whole trilogy for $18. :D

Finally got mines this week. Took long enough. Thanks again OP.

Is Captain America another movie that doesn't go down in price often?

I ordered both much later than everybody else, for some reason they split the shipment.  I got Iron Man 2 today, still missing the first Iron Man, hopefully Monday.

Anyone with positive experience w/Groupon? Ordered something on the 24th and still not even shipped yet. I just searched them up and they are hammered with negative feedbacks. Really tempted on this though.
I ordered both Iron Man movies and Splinter Cell: Black List at the same time. They all arrived at the same time. Received an email from Groupon yesterday apologizing that Black List hadn't shipped yet (a day after it arrived). It seems like everything shipped within about 2 days which is pretty standard, but DHL is just horrible and doesn't update the information and takes forever.

Damn the Captain America one now too. Wish Thor was on here, only two I need to complete my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered both Iron Man movies and Splinter Cell: Black List at the same time. They all arrived at the same time. Received an email from Groupon yesterday apologizing that Black List hadn't shipped yet (a day after it arrived). It seems like everything shipped within about 2 days which is pretty standard, but DHL is just horrible and doesn't update the information and takes forever.

Damn the Captain America one now too. Wish Thor was on here, only two I need to complete my collection.
Really? Ordered on the 24th and still nothing. Didn't even shipped yet...

My IM2 arrived on Friday in a box that could hold 20 Blu-rays, and there wasn't ANYTHING in the box except a pack slip and the movie.  Amazingly and thankfully, the slip cover and movie itself were in pretty good condition considering they were flying around inside a huge box for a week.

My IM2 arrived on Friday in a box that could hold 20 Blu-rays, and there wasn't ANYTHING in the box except a pack slip and the movie. Amazingly and thankfully, the slip cover and movie itself were in pretty good condition considering they were flying around inside a huge box for a week.
Huh. Iron Man 1 & 2 came in (separate) padded envelopes for me and Splinter Cell: Blacklist came in a box that could have fit 4-5 copies of the game but was also held in place with an air pack. Weird.

They do say to allow 12 business days for shipment. DHL really is crap, but that's the trade off for some great prices on Marvel Blurays though.

bread's done
Back