5.99$ disney blu rays @bestbuy

strait edge follower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
yep you read it right, super cheap disney blu rays ! i saw these on the shelf and i assume its an unadvertised sale for the week. they have these titles for 5.99$

pirates of the caribbean curse of the black pearl
prince of persia
the sorcerers apprentice
enchanted
beverly hills chihuahua

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP! Picked Enchanted for in store pickup (otherwise Best Buy was gonna charge $1.99 shipping)-and looks like Amazon PMed as well.

i picked up sorcerers and prince of persia. im thinking about returning persia as it was an impulse buy, should i keep it ? and as for the poster above i think that movies like john carter amd lone ranger will drop to 10$ soon as they bombed at box office .

i picked up sorcerers and prince of persia. im thinking about returning persia as it was an impulse buy, should i keep it ? and as for the poster above i think that movies like john carter amd lone ranger will drop to 10$ soon as they bombed at box office .
Prince of Persia and John Carter are both fun movies. They aren't serious (cause they are Disney). John Carter was a box office bomb, but that doesn't make it terrible as a movie. I thought it was enjoyable in many ways. I am going to get Prince and Pirates, and wait for Carter to hit a good price.

Prince of Persia and John Carter are both fun movies. They aren't serious (cause they are Disney). John Carter was a box office bomb, but that doesn't make it terrible as a movie. I thought it was enjoyable in many ways. I am going to get Prince and Pirates, and wait for Carter to hit a good price.
ive been wanting john carter for awhile but since it sadly did so bad i figured why not wait more for a bigger drop ? the movie seems fun and fantastic :D. as for prince of persia it also seems like my kind of film but i just want to make sure i really want it ya know ?

ive been wanting john carter for awhile but since it sadly did so bad i figured why not wait more for a bigger drop ? the movie seems fun and fantastic :D. as for prince of persia it also seems like my kind of film but i just want to make sure i really want it ya know ?
I had a chance to get a used one at one point for under $5 once, but...I figured better to wait.

John Carter is terrible -- don't waste your time (or money).  Sorcerer's Apprentice and Enchanted are very solid films.  Recommend those two.

I still to this day don't know what or who John Carter is.  Months after BD release I found out it had something to do with Mars and that everybody downright hated it.  How's that for marketing? :)

1st Beverly Hills Chihuahua was absolutely great and a fun watch; the polar opposite of the Buddies movies.

I still to this day don't know what or who John Carter is. Months after BD release I found out it had something to do with Mars and that everybody downright hated it. How's that for marketing? :)

1st Beverly Hills Chihuahua was absolutely great and a fun watch; the polar opposite of the Buddies movies.
john carter is based off a big novel series if you were wondering lol

why didnt you like it ?
The ending to the film is wretched, not to mention the plot-holes. It really is a trainwreck (think Babylon A.D. but without even any star power -- good concept art but that's it) with a quite unsatisfying resolution -- sort of like Prince of Persia; really wish I could pretty much erase seeing that movie (like a certain someone).

Though honestly, the Lone Ranger IMHO is worse the PoP or John Carter (not as bad as Babylon AD, though -- sorry to keep bringing that Vin Diesel movie up -- saw it a few days ago and I had to watch Star Trek afterwards just to remind me again that there is great SciFi out there).

I cannot believe Disney is going to make the others in the trilogy. I'll believe it when I see an advertised product. They have plenty of other movies they can be working on (Star Wars, wink wink). My bet is that is more "marketing" talk to make it sound like they're "in production," where of course most movies never make it out. Disney has no need to throwing money on these absolute failed franchises. Didn't it go down in history as the largest loss any studio has taken on a film?

I ordered a few online and picked up Enchanted at the store since it was back ordered. The only problem was it took the Anderson rep and 2 other employees an hour to not find it and give me some bs excuse of why it wasn't in stock. I talked to the manager and his crony and they found it in two minutes, smh!!!!!

Not sure where people are getting their facts from but there's no John Carter sequel in development. There *was* developing BEFORE the film came out, but after it tanked, plans were out on hold. The films director is now at work on the Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory - and he was the one spearheading the follow-up.

Part of the failure belonged to the new head of Disney. Whenever there's a regime change, the new crew doesn't really go out if their way to support the old regimes new films. If those films tank, it only supports their new position. That's why the marketing campaign sucked so hard. Another example (sort of) was Friday Night Lights. The new regime wouldn't support it (no commercial during the Super Bowl?!?!) but had no choice but to keep it being there was a multiple season contract signed before the old regime left office.

Was John Carter a great flick? No - but it was a lot of fun. I would certainly welcome another trip to Barsoon. Will it happen? I think Disney will be focusing on Star Wars and Marvel for the foreseeable future. Maybe something will happen after Tron 3 but I'm skeptical. Hopefully it'll happen though...

John Carter wasn't nearly as bad as the media made it out to be.

Yes, it was marketed horribly, but it also made poor use of that HUUUUUUGE budget and in the end it looked like a movie with not even 1/3 of its budget. That made it an easy target for ridicule.

There was enough in the movie to make me WANT it to achieve what its capable of, unlike some movies that just belong in the garbage.

John Carter was not a bad movie and I thought Taylor did a good job as leading man. Culture today automatically equates sci-fi with spaceships and lots of lasers etc.. This movie is a more subtle classic sci-fi considering the source material is about a hundred years old and no one had thought of most things we see in space movies now. No robots? Fail! Sarcasm.

Carter, the man, was an imperfect hero with his quest for gold and not wanting to fight. Thought they showed his reasons why perfectly. I thought the end was also well done.

The guy that said Star Trek is better, I hope he's not referring to the last two newer ones. Those movies are nothing but eye candy and lack substance or plots. The first few originals are classics.

Lone Ranger had problems but did not deserve the hate that it got. Just everyone jumping on the band wagon to go along with popular opinion. I grew up with the Lone Ranger and its concept is dated but the theme is a good one. The movie needed better editing and some things needed cut out completely. I didn't want to see this but took my 9yr old son to it. He loved it. The movie wasn't made to win an Oscar. The movie was made to entertain. Just like the Pirates movies. I saw lots of comments on forums with people saying they enjoyed the movie or their kids did.

edit: Lots of people hated the Tron movie. I grew up with the original and thought Disney did a fantastic job re-imagining and updating the Tron IP. Having Jeff Bridges return helped a lot. Can't imagine this movie without him in it.

Original Pirates > John Carter = Tron > Lone Ranger = All other Pirates movies = Prince of Persia.

I'm not a Disney fan but seems like haters just want to hate. Can't wait to see the backlash on the Star Wars films. The internet will grow three sizes that day. The WWW will crash.
I'm a big SW fan too.

I liked "John Carter" until I read all the books in public domain after I saw the movie.  Disney should not have been the one's covering the movie.  It should have been New Line or WB given how graphics the books get.

Can someone show me how to do a spoiler tag?

I liked "John Carter" until I read all the books in public domain after I saw the movie. Disney should not have been the one's covering the movie. It should have been New Line or WB given how graphics the books get.

Can someone show me how to do a spoiler tag?
Somehow, I think this is a sound argument. Heck, the original costumes for Dejah Thoris were not as flattering as in the movie. The actress, Lynn Collins, saw this and argued that more skin should have been showing to get closer to the books but not beyond Disney filters. Overall, I loved the movie and even if we only have just this one to dwell on, when and if (this is Disney, after all) another company somehow buys the rights from Disney to revive the franchise, it can be done right.

im thinking about using my disney points to get john carter. its that and national treasure that are the only rewards that i want from there at this time anyway

Every month you get a free extra 5-10 points, they often have promos for points, and most reward movies also have points. If you join the Movie Club you can rack up the points easy.

I am curious about Disney points. How does that work? How much does it cost for points per movie?
You can use the points for many other things other than buying movies. There are some cool exclusive items that will pop up. Just bank them until you need them.

Also there are certain times when you enter your codes and get bonus stuff. Frequently its for a free movie ticket (monsters university, finding nemo 3d, ), but right now if you enter any 3 codes you can get a free blu-ray (you only pay $4 shipping). Problem is I have all 4 already(tron legacy, dumbo, cars, and secretariat).

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/b3g1free?int_cmp=DMR|HERO|GWP|b3g1free

So your better off not entering the codes until a promo pops up that you like.

You should check out the disney movie rewards thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285582-offical-disney-movie-rewards-code-thread/

If you don't already have a ton of disney titles, you should also look into the disney movie club. Good way to add them on the cheap.

Movies get 75-100 points for DVDs and 100-150 points for Blu-rays. Most Blu-ray rewards are about 1750 points.
So far, it seems to break down like this:

Eligible Disney CD - 50 points

Seeing an eligible Disney movie in the theater - 50 points minimum

DVD - 100 points

Blu Ray - 150 points

3D Blu Ray - 200 points

Multi-movie packs - varies (usually 300 and up)

Not every movie is eligible, but they have a list of what is and isn't on the site. You can only use one code per title (even if you get different codes) unless they are in different formats (DVD and Blu Ray, for example).

They also have a deal where if you pay shipping and handling (usually less than $3.00) you can get the movie for fewer points (1400 is the average for a premium movie.)

Are you aware that they are offering Tangled 3D and Tron Legacy 3D for 1400 points each if you pay shipping?
im not interested in the 3d as much as the movie itself. this john carter pack has the 2d and 3d version of the movie (unless im wrong) so getting the 3d is a bonus to me. i just want the movie itself and this way i wont have to pay much money at all out of my pocket for it. tangled i dont want and im getting tron using that promo where you imput 3 codes and get a free movie :D

Picked up my $5.99 blu rays from BB yesterday. Entered my points and got the pop-up for my free blu ray. Picked up Tron for free, just pay for shipping. Sweet.

It was a bomb AND a bad movie.

Both Enchanted and Pirates aren't available at any of my local Best Buys and seemed to not be available for shipping. :(

I went yesterday, and they didn't have anything interesting. I might have considered Enchanted for that price, but it was sold out.

Disney's "Mission to Mars" = FLOP

Disney's "Mars Needs Moms" = MEGA FLOP

Disney's "John Carter (of Mars)" = OH GOD, THE FLOPPING

Disney needs to stay the fuck away from Mars.

Also, "Enchanted" is such a great film, I own it and I wish I could buy it again. Just pitch perfect from start to finish, fantastic songs that work both as gentle parody of Disney kitsch and on their own merits. Have watched it dozens of times and never get tired of it (and my kids aren't even old enough to appreciate it yet). Lots of great Disney cameos/Easter eggs too. Plus Idina Menzel before "Frozen" mega-stardom (she doesn't even get to sing!).

This is still going on!

I went to the Union Square store during lunch and to my surprise they restocked the movie I was looking for--Enchanted. No John Carter though.

Hope this helps someone.

bread's done
Back