Photo
- - - - -

Wii U 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario U & Super Luigi U $259.99 at eBay (Buy)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Credit to Slickdeals

http://www.ebay.com/...-U/161223843175

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

It's amazing how fast these sell at $250-$260 w/ no tax and free shipping for most.

A $250 MSRP for the bundles would move a lot of units for Nintendo...

#3 KumaBear

KumaBear

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

$260 seems to be the sweet spot for these bundles. Take note, Nintendo. Honestly though, they already did a price drop from $350, MSRP won't drop again soon. Sales like these are as good a price as you'll get until November.

#4 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

$199 or bust. 

Hand__Of__God.png

#5 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

$199 or bust. 

I'm actually hoping for $150!  Nintendo will always draw me in with their exclusives, but it has to be the right price.  

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I actually don't think a price cut to $250-260 for a bundle would move subtantially more consoles. Yes, when someone lists a limited quantity of bundles at such a price they sell out rapidly- because retail is $300.

If you slashed another $50 per bundle, I'd expect you might sell 5% more, but move lots closer to the point where systems are selling at a loss. I expect there's not a lot of will in the company to take another loss to subsidize user purchases.

You've already seen it mentioned in the thread- drop retail to $250-260 on a bundle and you're just going to sell slightly better and have people sit and wait for a bundle for $200-210.

At this point, I'd really expect Mario Kart and Smash Bros to do far more to move hardware than another price cut would.

#7 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I really keep contemplating picking up a Wii U but I never can pull the trigger. Especially with so many other available titles coming up like South Park, EDF 2025, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2 etc.. I just can't foresee me even having time for one.

I would bite in an instant however at a bundled 32gb at $200

#8 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm actually hoping for $150!  Nintendo will always draw me in with their exclusives, but it has to be the right price.  

I scored a Zelda bundle for $158 at Sam's Club last week. Highly YMMV, but they seem to be clearing their Wii U stock out for cheap nationwide, FYI.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#9 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

I scored a Zelda bundle for $158 at Sam's Club last week. Highly YMMV, but they seem to be clearing their Wii U stock out for cheap nationwide, FYI.

That's sweet.  I'll have to check this weekend when I am instore.  I always check online but I always forget to double check when I am instore since we go almost every weekend.  

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

I would snatch that up at that price without batting an eye.

What is their policy on Non-Members? I believe my grandfather has a membership but do not feel the need to bother him for a just in case scenario haha

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

What is their policy on Non-Members? I believe my grandfather has a membership but do not feel the need to bother him for a just in case scenario haha

10% surcharge I believe. If you scour the internet they often have free 1-day passes to non-members

#12 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

10% surcharge I believe. If you scour the internet they often have free 1-day passes to non-members

10% extra on that steep of savings is doable.

I will try to just go to the Customer Service Desk and say I lost mine and give them my Grandpa's info and see what they do haha

#13 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

That's sweet.  I'll have to check this weekend when I am instore.  I always check online but I always forget to double check when I am instore since we go almost every weekend.  

Totally. Stock won't show online, and they probably won't even know what they have until you ask what's in the cage--my Zelda bundle was all dusty and neglected, sitting there among the PS3s and whatnot--and they'll be as surprised as you are when they ring up the price.

Non-members get charged an extra 10% (which is a pain, but not necessarily a deal-breaker on a $158 Wii U) and they need one of these: http://help.samsclub... March 2014.pdf

Or you could bother your gramps, then offer to play some Nintendo with him for his trouble. :P

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#14 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Damn it! Was going to buy a WiiU for my brothers from CowBoom for either $200 or $230. I have a 10% off coupon from eBay though that would have made this $230~. Damn it all!

#15 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

To be honest, I would do a decent memory Smash Bros. bundle Wii U for $240-$250 without batting an eyelash.

I can't imagine not getting that or a Wii U with no games for $200 later on this year though.

#16 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

To be honest, I would do a decent memory Smash Bros. bundle Wii U for $240-$250 without batting an eyelash.

I can't imagine not getting that or a Wii U with no games for $200 later on this year though.

I keep telling people that the Wii U bundles keep going on sale but they keep calling me a troll.

#17 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

I keep telling people that the Wii U bundles keep going on sale but they keep calling me a troll.

I'm a little lost. Are you agreeing with me in sense, or think I should wait for something better?

Just curious!

#18 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'm a little lost. Are you agreeing with me in sense, or think I should wait for something better?

Just curious!

Yes , I'm agreeing with you since you are talking about a new bundle with a new game instead of this bundle. I also agree with you on the $200 Deluxe Wii U without games. I guess we are both "trolls" :)

The Mario and Luigi bundle was $249.99 in November so if you get a Super Smash bros bundle at that price , I would think that's a better deal.

The Mario and Luigi bundle was on sale between $249.99 and $259.99 at least three times in the last few months and we've seen other sales on Wii U bundles as well as clearance deals.

#19 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price.  I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me.  I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months.  I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.

#20 blah29

blah29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

edit: most of the interesting games seem not to have a specific release date

Wow.. you almost finished wind waker already? I got in on the same deal you did with Newegg via Ebay, and only just finished the first dungeon. I sold W101 and NG3 also, but bought Mario 3D World, which while I have barely touched, I know will get alot of play by me. Donkey Kong Country comes out next week. So far only ign has reviewed it, but it sounds really good too.

#21 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Dang, it ended already. These usually last most of a day, no?

I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price.  I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me.  I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months.  I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.

There's easily a dozen great exclusive Wii U games to play, plus some "ultimate" editions of multiplatform titles, but unfortunately if you don't see anything you'd enjoy, there's little point in me recommending them.

oIi9lub.png

#22 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

New Super Mario Bros U is great.  I like 3D World better, but NSMBU is the best 2D mario since Super Mario World IMO.

Pikmin 3 is well reviewed as well, but I've never played a game in the series.  I wish they'd put out a demo for it.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#23 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price. I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me. I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months. I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.

I picked up that bundle, too. Love it. Got Super Luigi U and AC IV for it.