Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Fry's - DualShock 3 Wireless Controller with FREE The Last of Us (Both for $39.99)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Anybody think Target would match?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#32 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

If they offer this online I may just do it. No Fry's in my area, so that's my only option. Thanks OP.

Crunchewy.png

#33 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hoping this works online.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#34 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

crap, i would love to get this deal. doesnt appear to be online, and no stores near me

#35 xKetoblu

xKetoblu

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Just bought two of these :-) Thanks OP

#36 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

BB doesn't match bundles or free with purchase offers. It's no different than gift cards offers.

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

It wouldn't appear that this is online, unfortunately. I added both to my cart but there's not discount applied. If anybody finds different let us know how.

Crunchewy.png

#38 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically.  I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ .  I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card.  You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle.  Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.  

Bring a copy of the ad or use your smartphone to show the ad.  http://www.frys.com/ads/page16

It starts with 8015---

#39 midloo

midloo

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically.  I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ .  I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card.  You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle.  Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.  

Well that sucks.  Sounds like there isn't much hope of this working online. 

Posted Image

#40 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically. I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ . I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card. You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle. Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.

Bring a copy of the ad or use your smartphone to show the ad. http://www.frys.com/ads/page16

It starts with 8015---

We're you able to choose what color controller you want?

Dariel16.png

#41 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

We're you able to choose what color controller you want?

Yep, I wanted blue but it was a taped up return.  Then I decided I wanted pink for player 2, but it looked like they tossed it around in place of a football.  So I went digi camo.  There are bundle cards for each color.

#42 deith

deith

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

good deal.  gonna pick one up this evening.

#43 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yep, I wanted blue but it was a taped up return. Then I decided I wanted pink for player 2, but it looked like they tossed it around in place of a football. So I went digi camo. There are bundle cards for each color.

Cool, thanks. Hopefully they have gold when I stop by after work.

Dariel16.png

#44 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Cool, thanks. Hopefully they have gold when I stop by after work.

If you're in socal, then City of Industry has about 5 more.

#45 aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

A couple tips:

• There was a counter (non-checkout) in front of the gaming department that printed up a sheet to present to the cashier.  Without it, you'll have to somehow prove the deal is live, and possibly have issues.
  • The receipt shows that TLoU = $20.87 and the DS3 = $19.12.  I'm not sure of their policy, but it appears that you could return one or the other for that price.
  • My Fry's (Phoenix AZ, Baseline) had plenty of controllers (all colors) but I only saw a handful of TLoU.

Currently Playing: :xb1: Thief | :ps4: Knack | :360: Lightning Returns | :ps3: The Last of Us |  :3ds: Bravely Default | :pc: Elder Scrolls Online

Recently Beat: :xb1: Ryse | :ps4: InFamous: Second Son | :360: Charlie Murder

#46 Niche_Hero

Niche_Hero

Super Niche

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

back from the CA fountain valley location. as of 11 30 am, they had basically every color and 5 last of us left. thanks again OP, got a blue DS3 and am now trying to selling last of us for $30 on craigslist.

#47 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

If you're in socal, then City of Industry has about 5 more.

Gah, I don't think I'll be able to make it there in time to pick one up tonight.

Posted Image

#48 lakers714

lakers714

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

back from the CA fountain valley location. as of 11 30 am, they had basically every color and 5 last of us left. thanks again OP, got a blue DS3 and am now trying to selling last of us for $30 on craigslist.

you too I went and they still had a couple of them I got a gold one 

valleyfalcons.png

#49 xKetoblu

xKetoblu

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Do you guys think ill be able to return the last of us for 20?

#50 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Do you guys think ill be able to return the last of us for 20?

Sell it on CL, the game is 5 kinds of awesome that you can sell it for $20-30 easy or even trade for another game you want.

#51 xKetoblu

xKetoblu

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Sell it on CL, the game is 5 kinds of awesome that you can sell it for $20-30 easy or even trade for another game you want.

Los Angeles CL is so hard to sell anything Playstation 3 related. For every game being sold theres about 20 ads trying to fix or mod a PS3. Itll get lost in there :/

#52 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Los Angeles CL is so hard to sell anything Playstation 3 related. For every game being sold theres about 20 ads trying to fix or mod a PS3. Itll get lost in there :/

If someone wants it, they will find it.  I sold a lot on CL lately.  Just give the right price that fits you.

#53 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Not only that, but how many times have you gotten a response to your ad only to find out that they're asking if you can deliver it to them somewhere like 30-40 miles into the Inland Empire? Or say they'll pick it up only to no show?

NotRic.png

#54 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Lol thats cool...I went there too...I think I saw a CAG (kept looking on his phone for deals? Haha) My receipt says I checked out at 12:31. Anyways I took the last gold one. I saw white, pink, blue, red and camo

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#55 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

The Last of Us trade in value is $20 base at gamestop
I received $28 after PUR and 30% bonus

Currently Playing

:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)

#56 WayCheaperThanYouAre

WayCheaperThanYouAre

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

fountain valley fry has ONE copy left of TLoU as of about 3:45pm

lot of  the "after work" crowd starting to shuffle in so i imagine it will be gone in the next 45 mins to an hour

great deal for this bundle  :beer:

#57 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Saw lots of gold and bought the second to last red left at Manhattan Beach. Lots of copies of the game, as well. (A dozen?) Almost went with the gold but seeing less red made me give in to peer pressure and buy that. Didn't see any blue, unfortunately.

Just remember to check in with the guy at the computers near the entrance. They have to print out the deal for you.

PS: See someone listing 5 copies of TLOU (with Frys price sticker) and 3 controllers on ebay. This is why we can't have nice things.

NotRic.png

#58 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Saw lots of gold and bought the second to last red left at Manhattan Beach. Lots of copies of the game, as well. (A dozen?) Almost went with the gold but seeing less red made me give in to peer pressure and buy that. Didn't see any blue, unfortunately.

Just remember to check in with the guy at the computers near the entrance. They have to print out the deal for you.

PS: See someone listing 5 copies of TLOU (with Frys price sticker) and 3 controllers on ebay. This is why we can't have nice things.

I agree with your last statement

Currently Playing

#59 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

So anyone able to get this to work online?  Its showing the price at $59 for the game 

#60 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

So anyone able to get this to work online?  Its showing the price at $59 for the game

There is no way that they are going to let this work online...there was special sku# for each bundle. The gold one was 8015264

Currently Playing