Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

Free Digital Pokemon Y or Pokemon X on Club Nintendo by Registering Hardware and Game (Ended)

• Please log in to reply
1296 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

http://club2.nintend...-pokemon-promo/

Information:
This promotion begins on 3/1/14. Products registered prior to this date do not qualify for this promotion.

Buy and register a Nintendo 2DS™, Nintendo 3DS™, or Nintendo 3DS XL system and any one of six qualifying games (below) between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT) and you'll receive a free download code for the digital version of Pokémon™ X or Pokémon Y.

The six qualifying titles are:
  • Mario Kart™ 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land™
  • Animal Crossing™: New Leaf
  • LEGO® City Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Yoshi's New Island™
  • Donkey Kong Country™ Returns 3D

How to Participate:
  • Register the PIN number for a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT). The PIN number is found inside the hardware packaging. How to
  • Link your system's Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account. How to
  • Register a digital or physical version of a qualifying game (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Yoshi's New Island, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D) in a Club Nintendo account between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT).
    Digital: To register a digital version, make sure to link your system to your Club Nintendo account before purchasing in Nintendo eShop. How to
    Physical: Physical versions can be registered using the PIN number included inside the software packaging. How to
  • After both the system and game have been registered, click "Select Your Free Game" in your Club Nintendo To-Do list.
  • Choose your free game (Pokémon X or Pokémon Y).
  • Verify the email address you'd like the download code to be sent to, then confirm your order.
  • The download code will appear on the screen. It will also be sent to the email address associated to your account, and will appear in your Reward Order History.
  • The download code can be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop of any Nintendo 3DS family system and expires on 05/31/14. How to
image(1).jpeg

http://www.gonintend...ree-pokemon-x-y

#2 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Sweet deal. Wonder if you can get both.

#3 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

It's a good find OP but I'd add "with registration of 3DS and game" to the title or you're gonna get some pissed off folks in here.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#4 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

It's a good find OP but I'd add "with registration of 3DS and game" to the title or you're gonna get some pissed off folks in here.

Well pretty much everyone have a 3DS XL or 2DS and 100% they have or had any of those games. I mean cmon Mario Kart 7 & Animal Crossing are on the list.

And it will work even if you already had them registered. So pretty much you'll get it for free. 

#5 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I only own mega man games on my 3ds thanks for alienating me nintendo. assholes

#6 Tmac718

Tmac718

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

You should probably edit the title of this thread it's extremely misleading. There is a difference between free and sprending 220$ get a free pokemon game.

Good deal if you were planning to get a 3/2 ds though.

#7 helveticastandard

helveticastandard

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

And it will work even if you already had them registered. So pretty much you'll get it for free.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The way these offers have worked in the past has been that you have to register both in the specified period. The small print on the ad clearly says they have to be registered during March.

#8 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

IT SAYS REGISTER BETWEEN 3/1 - 3/31 GENIUS. PULEASEEE

#9 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The way these offers have worked in the past has been that you have to register both in the specified period. The small print on the ad clearly says they have to be registered during March.

Worked for me last time and got Super Mario 3D Land for free. I already had my 3DS XL registered and it worked. 

#10 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Sucks that you have to register these in a specific period. I have 3 2DS systems and everything except DK.

#11 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Well pretty much everyone have a 3DS XL or 2DS and 100% they have or had any of those games. I mean cmon Mario Kart 7 & Animal Crossing are on the list.

Wait so you mean to tell me if I redeemed my 3DS XL CN code two days ago that it will still qualify toward this deal as long as I also redeem one of those games?

How can you be sure? I will go and buy one of those games if I know that My 3DS code that I just redeemed is counting toward the deal.

Or does it have to be redeemed from 3/1 on ?

needler420.png

#12 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Really?

Well my mistake then, I thought if you'd already registered your 3DS then you wouldn't be able to get this.

Can someone confirm ?

MST3K.gif

#13 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Luckily I own a bunch of limited edition XL's! Still sealed. Will crack them open and register to get these games!
SYSTEMS: Gameboy | Game gear | PS2 | N64 | Gamecube | 3DS | 3DS XL | (2) Pikachu 3DS XL | Neo Geo Gold | PSP Go | PSP Vita | Wii | WiiU | X360 | PS3

#14 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

worst deal of 2014

#15 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

ahh screw it. I already have a physical copy of pokemon Y and already two badges in. Not worth my time and effort to get a digital copy of something I already own anyway.

needler420.png

#16 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Wait so you mean to tell me if I redeemed my 3DS XL CN code two days ago that it will still qualify toward this deal as long as I also redeem one of those games?

How can you be sure? I will go and buy one of those games if I know that My 3DS code that I just redeemed is counting toward the deal.

Or does it have to be redeemed from 3/1 on ?

This was last year promotion. 

CN.jpg

http://www.siliconer...for-free-games/

I already had my 3DS XL registered and it worked

#17 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

ahh screw it. I already have a physical copy of pokemon Y and already two badges in. Not worth my time and effort to get a digital copy of something I already own anyway.

You can Sell or Trade the code

#18 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Luckily I own a bunch of limited edition XL's! Still sealed. Will crack them open and register to get these games!

It's likely limited to one per account, so you'd have to make multiple accounts and waste precious coins on a dummy account.
Posted Image

#19 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Really?

Well my mistake then, I thought if you'd already registered your 3DS then you wouldn't be able to get this.

Can someone confirm ?

Is everyone in this thread stoopid? No, it's not right. That's basically giving away free games. I can't imagine anyone on club nintendo not owning a 3DS or one of those games. It says on there register in March. #commonsense #lrn2read #imeanreally

#20 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Is everyone in this thread stoopid? No, it's not right. That's basically giving away free games. I can't imagine anyone on club nintendo not owning a 3DS or one of those games. It says on there register in March. #commonsense #lrn2read #imeanreally

Yeah that's what I thought, but OP seemed sure that it made me think twice, so my initial post about updating the title was spot on then.

MST3K.gif

#21 tckilla76

tckilla76

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Damn. Just registered my 3DS to get Platinum for the year a couple days ago. SMH.

#22 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

luckily i never registered any of my sons stuff and he has Lego City too so i will register it for him so he can get the free game

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#23 JamesJoyce

JamesJoyce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I would be upset about having already registered my codes if I cared at all about Pokemon. Fortunately, I don't give a damn.

#24 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Cool, I knew there was a reason I held off on registering my XL and one of those games--I already own a physical copy of Y, though, so I'll probably sell/trade the code.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#25 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

EvilMakiPR's quote about last years promo working with an already registered 3ds cast doubt on this. I agree with you, but I guess we will have to wait and see. Either way, cheap pokemon codes abound.

#26 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

I don't mean to be rude.... but you actually believe Nintendo is going to give free copies of Pokemon X or Y to that much of the fanbase?  You really think they'd just give away what has consistently proved to be one of their highest AND longest selling games on pretty much any platform?  

This is obviously a promotion to get more people to pull the trigger on a 3DS during what is traditionally a slow period in sales.  They certainly aren't giving free games to anybody whose already had a 3DS.

It's likely limited to one per account, so you'd have to make multiple accounts and waste precious coins on a dummy account.

Yeah cause god forbid you don't have enough coins/surveys to spend an hour of paperwork to earn some shoelaces  :roll: Or even better, god forbid you don't make Platinum and get your set of pins, playing cards, or the leftover posters from marketing  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Honestly, I think this is the first time I've ever heard anybody refer to CN coins as "precious".  I think most of us can agree that our time is too valuable to waste spending time on surveys just to get a free lens cloth or a worthless game case.  I suppose the VC games are sometimes worthwhile, but I'd rather get a $40 digital 3DS game for "free" anyways so if somebody has the multiple systems/codes to abuse this more power to them.....

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#27 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

EvilMakiPR's quote about last years promo working with an already registered 3ds cast doubt on this. I agree with you, but I guess we will have to wait and see. Either way, cheap pokemon codes abound.

Yeah, it may have worked for him, but I swear almost everyone else posted that it didn't work for them. My nephew has a 2DS and I have an unopened copy of DK. Have to get the serial number for it the 2DS. Probably good to register it anyway for the warranty, he's 5, the thing is practically doomed anyway.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#28 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

If it isn't retroactive, I will def be firing off a few emails to Ninty, but I really hope they do the right thing by their customers in this case

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#29 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

It HAS to be one of those six games? WTF! Why couodnt it be one of the zelda games or something else?

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#30 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

If it isn't retroactive, I will def be firing off a few emails to Ninty, but I really hope they do the right thing by their customers in this case

Yeah, good luck with that.  When my CN account mysteriously disappeared Nintendo was too incompetent to fix that.  And when my friend's 3DS was stolen, even after he made an ass of himself detailing it in the police report, Nintendo was too incompetent to restore his digital games on his new system from his CN account.  So if you can squeeze a free game code out of them even though this is very clearly not aimed at existing customers, then I'll be truly impressed.  Those are some mad bitching skills :bow:  

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!