Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

Free Digital Pokemon Y or Pokemon X on Club Nintendo by Registering Hardware and Game (Ended)

• Please log in to reply
1296 replies to this topic

#31 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I got a 3DSXL last year but not sure if I did register it. I doubt it but is there a way I can check? Willing to buy a game to get Pokemon for free.

#32 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

If it isn't retroactive, I will def be firing off a few emails to Ninty, but I really hope they do the right thing by their customers in this case

Do right? You aren't the target for this promo, this isn't a reward thing. It's for people who haven't gotten in on a 3DS yet, if you already registered then sucks for you.

This is the target:

I got a 3DSXL last year but not sure if I did register it. I doubt it but is there a way I can check? Willing to buy a game to get Pokemon for free.

He will now buy a game together one free since his 3DS might not have been registered

#33 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Put off registering my XL for a promotion like this, and glad I did! Already own X though so I might just try to trade my code.

#34 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Nice, still have my Mario and Luigi XL unopened and got a spare DKCR code. I was planning on getting Yoshi's island too anyways.

#35 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

If it isn't retroactive, I will def be firing off a few emails to Ninty, but I really hope they do the right thing by their customers in this case

Why in the world would it be retroactive?  That makes no sense. 

If it IS retroactive, it'd be sweet.  But hardly to be expected.  Save your emails.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#36 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Adult Swim. August 7th. 11/10c

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Nice. I'm glad I held off on registering my Zelda 3ds XL and I have an unsed DK code. I'll end up selling my code too since I already have X and Y.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: UFC   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   :360: Metro Last Light   :ps3: Beyond Two Souls   :3ds: Pokemon Y   :vita: J&D TPL

#37 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

It's likely limited to one per account, so you'd have to make multiple accounts and waste precious coins on a dummy account.

Consoles are not limited like games are.

#38 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Consoles are not limited like games are.

I think he means the promotion for the free game is limited to one free game which probably true not that you can only register one 3ds

#39 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Just looked, and I never did register my 3DS XL, and I have DKCR already, and Yoshi's Island preordered. Not bad.

#40 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

Damnit. And bought my 2DS and registered it last week. Ugh. Nice deal though for those planning on doing it.

#41 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Well, it's not like I would send off some flaming screed of hatred l, or demand they change their minds lol, I would just respectfully state that I believe anyone who meets the purchase qualifications, no matter when they did it, should be eligible. Imagine having just registered this stuff yesterday, imagine how it's going to feel for those people. Yeah, I know it's just games, and I know I'm just one guy, but all it takes is a small amount of effort to get across my convictions on the matter so to speak, so why not have my voice heard? I'm just as much a consumer as anyone else.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#42 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Damnit. And bought my 2DS and registered it last week. Ugh. Nice deal though for those planning on doing it.

this has happened twice now.  I wonder if the smart thing to do when buying a new console is to not register it until one of these deals comes along or your year is almost up.  Does N still extend your warranty by 6 moths when you register?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I am torn. I just gave my buddy one of those Pink 3DS XLs from KMart... I do not know if I should tell him of the deal or just tell him to give me his 3DS Registration code... I already gave him the 3DS itself. I feel like a crappy friend that way though haha ugh.

Great deal though either way whether I take advantage of it or my buddy.

#44 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I think my mom has a 3DS. I hope she didn't register it yet. I'll have to visit her this weekend and borrow it.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Project Spark Special (X1)

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#45 genesis49

genesis49

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Well, this is the deal that got me to finally pony up for a console of my own. Combining this with the Walmart deal on the Mario and luigi bundle that come with paper Mario ended up getting a halfway decent deal I think. Now just need to patiently wait for a deal on animal crossing

#46 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I held off registering my 3ds XL, glad I did. Too bad I already registered most of those games (besides Yoshi's New Island) of course.

#47 pillowblanket

pillowblanket

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Great! I'll finally get to play Pokemon X, but I'll probably sell the downloadable code and get the physical copy instead.

#48 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

The entitlement is just oozing from some of these posts.

#49 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I forgot how this works.  Do you get a download code you put into eshop?

Ees7Y.jpg

#50 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

question.  for console do i must register the console 's nintendo code or just a console serial number?  I think one of my 3ds is not registered in the system but not sure if i can find the nintendo code for it.

#51 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

I already registered my Zelda XL, but have a M&L XL I'm giving my son for his birthday in April. I guess that's getting carefully opened before then. At least he's turning 7 and shouldn't notice any tampering... lol
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#52 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Awesome, I've got a 3DS XL code and a Mario Kart 7 code laying around...I already own Y though and don't really care to own X.  I wish they had some more choices, but maybe I'll sell my code or sell my Y game.

#53 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

question.  for console do i must register the console 's nintendo code or just a console serial number?  I think one of my 3ds is not registered in the system but not sure if i can find the nintendo code for it.

I'm pretty sure you just register a serial number. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#54 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I forgot how this works. Do you get a download code you put into eshop?

Yes.
Posted Image

#55 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

That is so awesome. I have a code for my XL and Animal Crossing. I already own the physical Pokemon Y. I know I'll probably sell my physical copy now. Very, very happy.

#56 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Side question: it seems most people picked Pokemon Y over X; any particular reason?

#57 petedogman

petedogman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

For anyone who wants to do this promotion and sell me their Pokemon eShop code that they get for cash in return, PM me once you get it and we can work out a deal. I'm trying to keep as many 3DS games as I can digital this generation, so this would be perfect!

#58 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I already registered my Zelda XL, but have a M&L XL I'm giving my son for his birthday in April. I guess that's getting carefully opened before then. At least he's turning 7 and shouldn't notice any tampering... lol

Hey he's getting Pokémon and a Mario and Luigi title to start off his collection. I would be ecstatic to receive  those games at that age.

#59 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Well, it's not like I would send off some flaming screed of hatred l, or demand they change their minds lol, I would just respectfully state that I believe anyone who meets the purchase qualifications, no matter when they did it, should be eligible. Imagine having just registered this stuff yesterday, imagine how it's going to feel for those people. Yeah, I know it's just games, and I know I'm just one guy, but all it takes is a small amount of effort to get across my convictions on the matter so to speak, so why not have my voice heard? I'm just as much a consumer as anyone else.

I think it's really cute that you think anybody at Nintendo will read your email  :razz: So wide-eyed and innocent....

As someone who has dealt with Nintendo's customer service on multiple occasions, believe me when I say that it is abysmal.  So few companies do CS well, but even by those standards, Nintendo is awful, just a notch above EA.  Hell, aside from not keeping me on hold for at least an hour anytime I call (average hold time is only 10-15 minutes) THEY are EA.  Completely incompetent, know-nothing monkeys who are completely unwilling to help you if it means anything more than pushing the transfer button.

I would be extremely surprised if whoever gets your email even finishes it before deleting it.  Not trying to dissuade you or anything, I'm just saying don't expect anything more than a copy/pasted response slightly tweaked so that it looks like a personal reply.  Stranger things have happened though, good luck.  I'll be rooting for you to beat the odds and get that code.  As much as Nintendo has failed lately, there's no denying that Pokemon X and Y is an (overall) fantastic experience, I'd hate for anybody to miss out on it.

Side question: it seems most people picked Pokemon Y over X; any particular reason?

X<Y

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#60 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"