Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

3/2/14 Sunday, Final Day! FREE GameMaker Studio Standard Edition (reg. $49.99)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Electroplasm

Electroplasm

Destroy Erase Improve

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

***Update*** Sunday (3/2) is the Final Day and it can take a few hours to receive the key and email so make haste.

Flappy Birds. Flappy Dicks. Floppy Bron-Brons. Your flappy $50,000 a day future of coke and whores awaits!

http://gamemakerblog...-time-50-value/

http://www.yoyogames...oad/studio/free

For a limited time, GameMaker Studio Standard edition is available for free. Valued at $49.99, GameMaker Studio Standard is a significant improvement upon the free version of the software which imposes harsh restrictions on the resources that developers can make use of.

Additionally, developers can use their free Standard edition license to upgrade to the Professional edition (RRP $99.99) for only $35 more. This offer ends March 2, 2014.

gamemaker-standard3.png

g27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.pngotto-peterson-of-otto-george-passes-awayRIP OTTO

#2 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Where are you supposed to get the license key from? Signed up for email but they didn't send it.

roflbot.jpg

#3 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Neat.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Tried on a different email and no code again, not sure how you're supposed to be getting this for free.

roflbot.jpg

#5 jackaattck

jackaattck

Narc Lobster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for this, and to anyone concerned about not getting a key to register it takes some time for them to send the key, it took half an hour for me. 

#6 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Took 5 minutes after confirming my email to get a key.

#7 kkotd

kkotd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

I'm sure their servers are getting slammed right now too. It'll prob be a bit.

#8 Cola64

Cola64

Slacker Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I used to play around with Gamemaker when I was younger, this might just get me back into it.

Nothing better than free; Thanks OP!

#9 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

You are awesome, thanks for the post. Would love to see how this stacks up against Unity.

#10 muddbunny167

muddbunny167

Hoppity Hop Hop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

This is fantastic! Thank you for the head's up!

#11 SUPERJOE9999

SUPERJOE9999

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Any idea how to get this to work for mac?  When I download the file it doesnt work but there is a mac os option but I can not figure out how to use it.

#12 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Any idea how to get this to work for mac?  When I download the file it doesnt work but there is a mac os option but I can not figure out how to use it.

I'm on the same boat. I would rather do this on the mac instead of my pc

#13 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I'm on the same boat. I would rather do this on the mac instead of my pc

I'm not entirely sure, but I think this only works on PCs.  It exports to Mac format, but you need a PC to actually run the program.  I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.  The Steam page only lists Windows OS.  

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#14 3peen

3peen

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

thank you for sharing this :)

Koekkoek 4CocoaPuffs

#15 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

How easy is it to make games with this lol. I've never done such a thing before. I have some knowledge of HTML and Adobe Edge if that helps.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#16 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

How easy is it to make games with this lol. I've never done such a thing before. I have some knowledge of HTML and Adobe Edge if that helps.

My brother bought this on Steam a few months ago and has already made 3-4 games with it.  He never made games before, though he does work in IT, but I think if you are tech-inclined you should be able to get  a hang of it with enough dedication.  

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#17 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

EASY!

I used to work for a program where we taught it to 7-14 year old kids. But, we taught them using the graphical interface. No coding involved. You can make a pretty basic SNES type platformer with ease that way. Or a lot of other things using your imagination. Then if you actually code with it you can do a lot more. It has a programming language called GML which I think is kind of like C, but I forget.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#18 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

I can get some use out of this, I'm sure. Got my license key within seconds of signing up. 

Thanks OP!

#19 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

i signed up for the newsletter.  don't have time to install the software yet.  I don't have to install the software to get the key right?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#20 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

i signed up for the newsletter.  don't have time to install the software yet.  I don't have to install the software to get the key right?

I got the key email right after entering my email address into the program when I installed it. But installation really only took maybe 4-5 minutes. Real fast. 

I never even subscribed to the newsletter.

#21 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

FYI, GameMaker has improved substantially in the last few years so it isn't exclusively being used for terrible student games anymore - Gunpoint and Hotline Miami were both GameMaker games. OP doesn't seem to reflect the fact that it's actually a really decent tool now.

#22 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

If this was a steam key i would be much more inclined. 

501272.png

Selling Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Digital w/ Prima Digital Guide $40

#23 Revixe06

Revixe06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

Might get some use out of this. Thanks for the heads up!

612937.png

Amazon Student (6 Months of FREE Amazon Prime)
* .edu email address required

#24 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for this! I am a CSCI major and just started getting into mobile development this semester. Will see what I can do with this software too.

#25 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Very cool

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#26 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Stoked to get a copy of this.  You have to install it to get the key, but it's pretty fast.  Waiting for the key in email took longer than the install.

There's a Tutorial tab as soon as you open it up so that's where I'm starting.

#27 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

If this was a steam key i would be much more inclined.

Just download the steam version and put the key in.... Basic is free and pro is just entering in a key
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#28 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

How do you sign up to get the email? 

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#29 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

You have to launch it after you install it and it has a box where you can enter your email.

#30 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Thanks, OP

Look out for my completely original game Slappy Turd.