Gun Homicide rates

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Must be awesome to have a pure black & white mindset.  I can say a dozen times that I'm seeking a middle ground away from "ban all guns" using the many, many more successful nations (in terms of gun homicides) as a model but all you can do is say "You want to ban all guns!  So let's ban knives!"

I bet that sort of simplistic clarity is very self-comforting.  I'm a little envious.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#92 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Must be awesome to have a pure black & white mindset.  I can say a dozen times that I'm seeking a middle ground away from "ban all guns" using the many, many more successful nations (in terms of gun homicides) as a model but all you can do is say "You want to ban all guns!  So let's ban knives!"

I bet that sort of simplistic clarity is very self-comforting.  I'm a little envious.

No, I just looked at the facts. Changed my mind and went from being anti gun to believer in a right to defend yourself. I only used your logic which you brought up. Other counties have lower homicide rates and yet crime statistics are higher or around the same level. Again we had this argument before. Seems I still look at the big picture unlike some other people.

#93 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Other counties have lower homicide rates and yet crime statistics are higher or around the same level. Again we had this argument before.

The one where you tried to equivocate being mugged with being murdered so you could say the crime between the nations was the same?  Yeah, I remember :lol:

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#94 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

The one where you tried to equivocate being mugged with being murdered so you could say the crime between the nations was the same?  Yeah, I remember :lol:

No, I think you are referring to one with the rapes and assaults. If memory serves right you said something like rape wasn't as bad as getting shot.

#95 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Memory doesn't serve you right.  I'm not sure if you were intentionally misstating my comments out of malice or if you were just too lazy to scroll up 44 posts in the same thread.

That said, sure, I'll go out on a limb and say that being raped isn't "as bad" as being murdered (again, note topic: gun homicide rates).  Which, based on our justice system and the penalties we assign to each, isn't all that crazy a stance.

#96 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Memory doesn't serve you right.  I'm not sure if you were intentionally misstating my comments out of malice or if you were just too lazy to scroll up 44 posts in the same thread.

That said, sure, I'll go out on a limb and say that being raped isn't "as bad" as being murdered (again, note topic: gun homicide rates).  Which, based on our justice system and the penalties we assign to each, isn't all that crazy a stance.

Neither. Either I confused you with someone else or just made a mistake.