Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy | Tomb Raider GOTY $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) // Dragonball Z: Battle of Z $49.99 ($39.99 GCU)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

:360: Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition - $19.99

:ps3: Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition - $19.99

:360: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $49.99

:ps3: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $49.99

#2 rambojones90

rambojones90

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

Even though it doesn't make much sense, if the Ps Plus March EU Rumor is true and NA also gets Tomb Raider, there may be no point for many in getting TR : GOTY for PS3. Nonetheless Thanks for the heads up though!

#3 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'd put money on Tomb Raider being part of PS+ for NA in March. We'll probably find out Thursday or Friday.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

stayed up for hoping for another bby saturday night glitch. not tonight i guess 

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

Not tonight, lol. When I first read the post from my phone, I thought it was for the PS4 verison. I guess I don't need that version since I wouldn't touch the multiplayer at all.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#6 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

Amazon has Battle of Z for 360 for $39.99/ps3 for $49.99 in case anyone was interested and/or doesn't have GCU.

#7 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Huh, they used Gamerscore as a bulletpoint, I've never seen that.

I am an Achievement Hunter myself, but that seems like an odd thing to have as a bulletpoint.

#8 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

What was the glitch last time?

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#9 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Adult Swim. August 7th. 11/10c

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

What was the glitch last time?

DS4, Knack and KZSF for $72

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png677547.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: UFC   :ps4: Nothing   :wiiu: Pikmin 3   :360: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen   :ps3: Beyond Two Souls   :3ds: Pokemon Y   :vita: J&D TPL

#10 Groo The Wanderer

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Fuuuuck I was excited for a second thinking this was the X1 version on sale lol

The wait continues.

#11 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Does buying the vanilla Tomb Raider, Definitive Edition, and Game of the Year version count as the 3 game limit for GCU?

#12 acthechamp

acthechamp

CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Does buying the vanilla Tomb Raider, Definitive Edition, and Game of the Year version count as the 3 game limit for GCU?

yes

gallery_474050_8161_48668.jpg
AnLune.png

#13 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

yes

Even if it's a different SKU for each one?

That's a good deal, however if this was for the x1/ps4 version then yes even better.  Great game but not worth rebuying it if the graphics are the same on the 360 version.

#14 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

I am also under the impression that you would be fine with the three different Tomb Raiders.  They have different skus so to Best Buy they are different products. 

The person that said yes is giving way too much credit to their POS POS. 

#15 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

they have different sku's so I think you're fine w/ getting it.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#16 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'd pick up Tomb Raider if the DLC was on disk, alas it's not unfortunately.

#17 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

The system does not check for multiples, employees do. Also, the SKU does not matter. PS3/360/XB1/PS4/Vita/WiiU/3DS games all have different SKUs and they all count. If you were to buy CoD Ghosts on 360/PS3/XB1/PS4 that would count as 4 times buying the same item.

Plus they have stated CE count toward the limit of 3 for the base game, so SKU has NOTHING to do with it.

The issue comes with stuff like this, when they release a GotY/HD remake. They are out almost a year after the initial release so would they still count? It's still Tomb Raider, but it's a GotY/Super HD remake...

I really feel BBY needs to do a great deal of clarification with the GCU program. I honestly prefer shopping at BBY over other retailers, but I am not blind to their flaws. The GCU program is great on the surface, but when you dig down into the details it has me worried. It almost feels like this was not ready to be rolled out publicly, or it's in beta.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#18 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Awesome, doesn't matter if it ends up on plus you won't subscribe forever.

And what's in the dlc code they give out?

#19 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

yes

Even if it's a different SKU for each one?

That's a good deal, however if this was for the x1/ps4 version then yes even better.  Great game but not worth rebuying it if the graphics are the same on the 360 version.

It doesn't, they are messing with you. These are three separate products.

#20 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

DS4, Knack and KZSF for $72

Damn. .... Im hating at the fact I missed it. I would of bit on this twice

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#21 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

I played and traded in Tomb Raider (360) last year to best buy. If I get banned this week after I finish Tomb Raider Definitive (ps4) I will be livid! They are not the same game.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#22 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

I thought the only additions above the vanilla version was multiplayer doc.

#23 rambojones90

rambojones90

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

its definitely long enough to play through it a few times. If you bought it physically, it wouldn't last forever either.

#24 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I waits for PS4 version dropping down $20 or less. Pointless buying GOTY for PS3 with dlc code :(

"Evil is Funs"

#25 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

its definitely long enough to play through it a few times. If you bought it physically, it wouldn't last forever either.

I'm a person that likes to own actual copies, when plus runs out you don't have it anymore.

I've still got nes games that haven't disintegrated, so your theory is flawed.

#26 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I thought the only additions above the vanilla version was multiplayer doc.

I was referring to the content of bestbuy, if you add to cart it lists two items, just wasn't sure if it was a full game + dlc or a re issued dlc code since I heard some were bad inside.

#27 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'm a person that likes to own actual copies, when plus runs out you don't have it anymore.

What happens if you go offline with your PS3 are you still able to play those PS+ downloaded games?  Or are you blocked out?  

Either way I am all for owning physical copies as well since you actually own the game instead of owning a digital game that can disappear whenever they want it to.

#28 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

I used to be this way, and I still like physical over digital. However, I don't see the point in accumulating games, games and more games when they are owned just for the sake of owning them. I've become much more pleased with my current process in which I buy games on the cheap, keep ones that are absolutely amazing/hold MP value (Halo 4, last of us, etc) but for games like tomb raider, etc I trade in when the going is hot and put it towards my next game when I'm done with it.

I love making my new games essentially free.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#29 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

It's just the idea of relying on the lifespan of only two consoles, as most allow up to 2 downloads.

It just bothers me, if I were to break 2 I'd be SOL, if I actually owned a game I'd just reinstall it infinite times on infinite systems if need be.

As for plus offline, I think there is a timer for the duration of your plus sub to access content.

#30 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yep timer stays on games even when offline. 

I'm plus til 2019, so im down with free digital 'rentals'. 

n my ps3 died last year, you can have them reset all your 'systems' and always be good for 2 more system downloads.  It isn't if the system breaks you are screwed out of luck. I think this is a great game and great deal, but the chance for it being ps+ is just way too high, and then i would be turning around and trading the game back to bestbuy again. lol circle of life

Velo214.png
sig.gif