Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Toys R Us: Buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, get any Wii/Wii U games 40% off (Up to 3 Discounted Games Per Order)

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 srac84

srac84

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...US/2254197&sr=1

Fine print:

40% off ANY Wii or Wii U video game when you buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U.

Excludes sale items. Must buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U AND add to cart additional Wii or Wii U game of choice for offer to apply. Maximum 3 discounts per order transaction.

----------

Sorry if the titles is confusing lol.. I just made an order for donkey kong tropical freeze at toys r us, and you can add more than 1 wii u game and get 40% off of them as well. So I order donkey kong..pikmin 3, new super mario bros wii u, and super mario land 3d for store pick up.. I had to pay 49.99 for donkey kong but got 40% of each of the other games..seems to be a limit of 4 games in total.. Now just waiting on the ready for pick up email... Hope it works for everyone else.. Obvioulsy do store pick up incase they cancel orders for shipment.. says "Ready within an hr" but we'll see ...

I've posted the link to donkey kong below, and then just use the search bar to search for other games you wanna add..discount should reflect in the shopping cart...

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#2 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Did you try it with multiple Donkey Kongs?

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Did you try it with multiple Donkey Kongs?

Just tried it--no discounts appear on any of them.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 srac84

srac84

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

it works..i just tried adding them to my cart again.. no i didnt order multiple donkey kongs I only need 1.. make sure to add donkey kong tropical freeze for the wii u first ...then add the other games 1 at a time...I only tried with 1 copy of each game...,may only work with those 3 other games i picked.. because it didnt work on zelda wind waker..

#5 srac84

srac84

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

and order is ready for pick up.. hope everyone else can get the deal, good luck..

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

This apparently works for preordering Watch Dogs ( :wiiu:), FYI.

Also, stop the presses! You can get ZombiU for $35.99 with this deal!!! :whee:

Seriously, though, thanks for posting this, OP. I already own the games I would have gotten with DKC:TF, and I'm in no hurry to pick that up. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#7 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Updated the thread title, the discounts allow up to 3 games in addition to DKC Tropical Freeze

#8 hectorarizpe

hectorarizpe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Can it be done with 3 Xbox One games?

#9 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Can it be done with 3 Xbox One games?

40% off ANY Wii or Wii U video game when you buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U.
Excludes sale items. Must buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U AND add to cart additional Wii or Wii U game of choice for offer to apply. Maximum 3 discounts per order transaction.

#10 srac84

srac84

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Updated the thread title, the discounts allow up to 3 games in addition to DKC Tropical Freeze

thanks for the help with the title..i guess it clarifies a lot! :)

#11 stefpimp

stefpimp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

4ih2eg.jpg Thanks op

#12 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

So with this deal, you can get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and three $60 Wii U games for about $158 before tax.

#13 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Seems like a sweet deal. If I didn't have everything else I already wanted for Wii U I would bite.

#14 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

I wish I had a Wii U to take advantage of this deal haha part of me wants to get them all for when I finally do since 1st part titles don't drop but I can't almost $200 on reserve games

Great deal though OP

#15 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Wonderful 101 is 30 bucks already so comes down to 18 with this, not too shabby. Kinda waffling on buying at the moment.

#16 jonnyd86

jonnyd86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

awesome deal i just bought a wii u and was going to stock up on eshop cards and buy these games there but now i will use this.. AND buy eshop cards for other things

#17 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

I missed a deal on Mario World twice already first when I stayed up the day the started sale started for $39.99 at Target and it didn't update until after 3 AM EST (I couldn't get to a store after that because of the winter storm and losing power) and then I ordered an acceptable case damaged copy from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $33 and they cancelled it. 

$35.99 for a new copy is a better deal than both of those of deals. I also ordered Wonderful 101 since everyone has talked about how great it was.

$110 with tax for Donkey Kong, Mario World and Wonderful 101 is a really good price.

#18 Masters

Masters

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

This apparently works for preordering Watch Dogs ( :wiiu:), FYI.

Also, stop the presses! You can get ZombiU for $35.99 with this deal!!! :whee:

Seriously, though, thanks for posting this, OP. I already own the games I would have gotten with DKC:TF, and I'm in no hurry to pick that up. :D

35.99? It's been less than 20 bucks on Amazon for a week now. Free two day shipping with Prime too. You can also get Mass Effect 3 new for less than 12 and the Wonderful 101 for 23. In fact just look at all the Wii U games on Amazon, they are pretty much all on sale. 

http://www.amazon.co...:aps,k:zombie u

If it's not animated it doesn't turn me on.

#19 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

35.99? It's been less than 20 bucks on Amazon for a week now. Free two day shipping with Prime too. You can also get Mass Effect 3 new for less than 12 and the Wonderful 101 for 23. In fact just look at all the Wii U games on Amazon, they are pretty much all on sale. 

Maybe I should have said that in yellow comic-sans font. :-|

Cloud_Squall78.png

#20 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I think he was being sarcastic about Zombi U...

#21 srac84

srac84

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

ya i got zombi u brand new on ebay a few days ago for 14.99

#22 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Good for new Wii U owners. I think the rest of us have caught up on everything just to have something to play.

#23 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Thanks much OP. I was able to snag Pikmin 3 @ $36 and Mario Galaxy 2 Wii $17

#24 Nocturnal Avenger

Nocturnal Avenger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

I caved and got DKCTF,Zelda WW, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3 for $139 before tax.

#25 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

This is a great deal for Wii U owners that don't already have Pikmin, 3D World, and WW HD.

Unfortunately I already have all three. :D

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#26 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

This is a great deal for Wii U owners that don't already have Pikmin, 3D World, and WW HD.

Unfortunately I already have all three. :D

I'm trying to pair things up, the only thing I don't have is Pikmin, I could buy WW HD so I wont have to open my collectors edition, I'm looking at Mario & Sonic but I know that game will tank soon.

EDIT: After looking at the totals, I'm better off waiting for a b2g1 free sale, if things are on sale and taking an additional discount that is great but not on full MSRP games.

#27 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I caved and got DKCTF,Zelda WW, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3 for $139 before tax.

thinking of doing the same, but i picked up dkcr:tf from kmart yesterday( kmart crazy sywr stacking)... could probably craigslist dkc for $40 maybe, ugh that'd still be $100 plus tax (on $140) for the other three.  Thanks OP but I don't think this deal's for me

#28 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Based on the Watch Dogs preorder applying, I'm praying MK8 goes up on their site before this deal ends...

#29 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Based on the Watch Dogs preorder applying, I'm praying MK8 goes up on their site before this deal ends...

you're an evil genius!

#30 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Nice, ordered DK with SM3DW, Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land!

Posted Image