Toys R Us: Buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, get any Wii/Wii U games 40% off (Up to 3 Discounted Games Per Order)

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=022314wiigame&origkw=022314wiigame&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Fine print:

40% off ANY Wii or Wii U video game when you buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U.

Excludes sale items. Must buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U AND add to cart additional Wii or Wii U game of choice for offer to apply. Maximum 3 discounts per order transaction.

----------
Sorry if the titles is confusing lol.. I just made an order for donkey kong tropical freeze at toys r us, and you can add more than 1 wii u game and get 40% off of them as well. So I order donkey kong..pikmin 3, new super mario bros wii u, and super mario land 3d for store pick up.. I had to pay 49.99 for donkey kong but got 40% of each of the other games..seems to be a limit of 4 games in total.. Now just waiting on the ready for pick up email... Hope it works for everyone else.. Obvioulsy do store pick up incase they cancel orders for shipment.. says "Ready within an hr" but we'll see ...

I've posted the link to donkey kong below, and then just use the search bar to search for other games you wanna add..discount should reflect in the shopping cart...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24191496&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
it works..i just tried adding them to my cart again.. no i didnt order multiple donkey kongs I only need 1.. make sure to add donkey kong tropical freeze for the wii u first ...then add the other games 1 at a time...I only tried with 1 copy of each game...,may only work with those 3 other games i picked.. because it didnt work on zelda wind waker..

This apparently works for preordering Watch Dogs ( :wiiu:), FYI.

Also, stop the presses! You can get ZombiU for $35.99 with this deal!!! :whee:

Seriously, though, thanks for posting this, OP. I already own the games I would have gotten with DKC:TF, and I'm in no hurry to pick that up. :D

Can it be done with 3 Xbox One games?
40% off ANY Wii or Wii U video game when you buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U.
Excludes sale items. Must buy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze video game for Wii U AND add to cart additional Wii or Wii U game of choice for offer to apply. Maximum 3 discounts per order transaction.

4ih2eg.jpg
Thanks op

Seems like a sweet deal. If I didn't have everything else I already wanted for Wii U I would bite.

I wish I had a Wii U to take advantage of this deal haha part of me wants to get them all for when I finally do since 1st part titles don't drop but I can't almost $200 on reserve games

Great deal though OP

Wonderful 101 is 30 bucks already so comes down to 18 with this, not too shabby. Kinda waffling on buying at the moment.

awesome deal i just bought a wii u and was going to stock up on eshop cards and buy these games there but now i will use this.. AND buy eshop cards for other things

I missed a deal on Mario World twice already first when I stayed up the day the started sale started for $39.99 at Target and it didn't update until after 3 AM EST (I couldn't get to a store after that because of the winter storm and losing power) and then I ordered an acceptable case damaged copy from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $33 and they cancelled it. 

$35.99 for a new copy is a better deal than both of those of deals. I also ordered Wonderful 101 since everyone has talked about how great it was.

$110 with tax for Donkey Kong, Mario World and Wonderful 101 is a really good price.

This apparently works for preordering Watch Dogs ( :wiiu:), FYI.

Also, stop the presses! You can get ZombiU for $35.99 with this deal!!! :whee:

Seriously, though, thanks for posting this, OP. I already own the games I would have gotten with DKC:TF, and I'm in no hurry to pick that up. :D
35.99? It's been less than 20 bucks on Amazon for a week now. Free two day shipping with Prime too. You can also get Mass Effect 3 new for less than 12 and the Wonderful 101 for 23. In fact just look at all the Wii U games on Amazon, they are pretty much all on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zombie%20u&sprefix=zombie+u%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Azombie%20u

35.99? It's been less than 20 bucks on Amazon for a week now. Free two day shipping with Prime too. You can also get Mass Effect 3 new for less than 12 and the Wonderful 101 for 23. In fact just look at all the Wii U games on Amazon, they are pretty much all on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zombie%20u&sprefix=zombie+u%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Azombie%20u

Maybe I should have said that in yellow comic-sans font. :whistle2:|

I think he was being sarcastic about Zombi U...

Good for new Wii U owners. I think the rest of us have caught up on everything just to have something to play.

This is a great deal for Wii U owners that don't already have Pikmin, 3D World, and WW HD.

Unfortunately I already have all three. :D

This is a great deal for Wii U owners that don't already have Pikmin, 3D World, and WW HD.

Unfortunately I already have all three. :D
I'm trying to pair things up, the only thing I don't have is Pikmin, I could buy WW HD so I wont have to open my collectors edition, I'm looking at Mario & Sonic but I know that game will tank soon.

EDIT: After looking at the totals, I'm better off waiting for a b2g1 free sale, if things are on sale and taking an additional discount that is great but not on full MSRP games.

I caved and got DKCTF,Zelda WW, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3 for $139 before tax.
thinking of doing the same, but i picked up dkcr:tf from kmart yesterday( kmart crazy sywr stacking)... could probably craigslist dkc for $40 maybe, ugh that'd still be $100 plus tax (on $140) for the other three. Thanks OP but I don't think this deal's for me

Picked it up with Mario Galaxy 2, and a couple copies of Windwaker HD.

Now to return tropical freeze to gamestop since I bought it yesterday...

Damn. This makes me want to own a Wii U... but I don't have the time to play any of these. Pretty good deal for those wanting a reason to play their Wii U's! :D

Not a bad deal. Now what would really be amazing is if Best Buy ran a B2G1 free deal during Mario Kart 8's release week, stacking with the GCU 20% off ;)

Mario Kart 8 ($47.99), Pikmin 3 ($47.99) and Tropical Freeze ($0.00) for $95.98 (net $32 per game) after discounts would be absolutely amazing.....

:drool:

Looks like Donkey Kong is out of stock online, only viable for pick up now. Shame, was thinking on it and the closest store is too far to be worth the hassle. Hope they get more online stock.

Based on the Watch Dogs preorder applying, I'm praying MK8 goes up on their site before this deal ends...
I don't know about that. Watch Dogs has been postponed multiple times so that might be why it's there. Toys R Us sometimes puts up pre-orders late, like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Ugh...my own cheapness is killing me right now. I really want DK and Pikmin 3...but even at buy one get one 40% off the total still seems like too much. I know tax doesn't help but it just seems crazy that I can't bring myself to bite on this.

Wow, a pretty good deal! I don't even own a Wii U quite yet but I went for this anyway because besides really wanting DK I really want Mario 3D World too and its price hasn't gone down at all. I got DKCTF, Mario World and Pikmin (which will be exciting, haven't played a Pikmin before). I couldn't think of anything else to add, not really interested in replaying WW since I played the crap out of it when it came out. I really want to like the Rayman games but the art style just creeps me out for some reason. I thought about getting Mario U too but it's already dropped its price a lot everywhere so it wasn't really a good deal.

One annoying thing is that they seem to be out of DK online so you have to pick it up in store. BUT no stores near me had Mario! So now I have to pick up DK and Pikmin and wait for Mario. Argh. At least they let me put in-store and shipped items together in one order.

Now to get a Wii U, haha . . . The plan right now is to get a Skylanders bundle and sell off the Skylanders stuff, it's the closest I'm going to get to a $200 Wii U.

Wow, a pretty good deal! I don't even own a Wii U quite yet but I went for this anyway because besides really wanting DK I really want Mario 3D World too and its price hasn't gone down at all. I got DKCTF, Mario World and Pikmin (which will be exciting, haven't played a Pikmin before). I couldn't think of anything else to add, not really interested in replaying WW since I played the crap out of it when it came out. I really want to like the Rayman games but the art style just creeps me out for some reason. I thought about getting Mario U too but it's already dropped its price a lot everywhere so it wasn't really a good deal.

One annoying thing is that they seem to be out of DK online so you have to pick it up in store. BUT no stores near me had Mario! So now I have to pick up DK and Pikmin and wait for Mario. Argh. At least they let me put in-store and shipped items together in one order.

Now to get a Wii U, haha . . . The plan right now is to get a Skylanders bundle and sell off the Skylanders stuff, it's the closest I'm going to get to a $200 Wii U.
You can have a game shipped too. You don't have to pick up your entire order at the store.

That's how it was for me too, the store had DK but not Mario and Wonderful 101 so I selected DK for pickup and shipped the other 2. It's no big deal for me though since I live 3 minutes away from one of their stores.

TRU remains the most useless, incompetent retailer on the planet.

DK can't be shipped from the site anymore, store inventory is not showing up, and the other game I want is not available in stores.

Why do I ever click on these TRU deal threads? They never end well!

I bought the game Friday at Best Buy, if I buy it again at Toys R Us, could I return it to Best Buy since I still have my receipt? Or even Walmart for in store credit (give it to my mom for cash lol)? I just don't want to get in trouble or something...

I bought the game Friday at Best Buy, if I buy it again at Toys R Us, could I return it to Best Buy since I still have my receipt? Or even Walmart for in store credit (give it to my mom for cash lol)? I just don't want to get in trouble or something...
Nah, dude. Return fraud is totally fine.

bread's done
Back