Where are the PS4s?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

For those that care Avon, IN Meijer had 2 PS4s in the case last night. The bad thing is both boxes looked rather crushed.

#32 Moyt

Moyt

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Back to ebay I go :s

#33 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Back to ebay I go :s

My local Gamestop districts just got in their restock of systems in today. Check with your stores.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#34 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Got mine on amazon a few weeks ago. I have yet tp see one on a shelf. Crazy because there is really no reason to have one. I meaning there isn't a system seller game. For me at least. I like resogun and Rayman legends is great but its on 3 systems.

#35 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Got mine on amazon a few weeks ago. I have yet tp see one on a shelf. Crazy because there is really no reason to have one. I meaning there isn't a system seller game. For me at least. I like resogun and Rayman legends is great but its on 3 systems.

Yeah I understand the point regarding no true system seller... but by the time Sony has one it's not like you'll see a price drop from $399.99 so if money isn't tight why not buy now (or at launch) and get used to the system interface and get some enjoyment out of it for a few months until the games start dropping.

That's my problem with the X1. I bought it at launch (Day One) but a bundle has already been announced for Titanfall (a game I'm not too interested in) and it is likely there will be a drop before any must have exclusive rolls out that appeals to me

#36 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

I went into GameStop yesterday because they were the only ones who had a particular game I wanted. As a coincidence, where was one guy in there who just got finished buying a PS4. In line was a guy trading in a PS3 to get a PS4. The clerk was on the phone with a guy who wanted one of the two PS4s they had left. The guy on the phone asked the guy on the clerk to hold the PS4 twice, but the clerk would not budge.

I was just in there to get Phoenix Wright.

#37 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

I don't see why people are rushing out to get these anyway considering that there isn't any must play game on the ps4 yet that can't be played on ps3. No point in getting one of these until there are 2-3 actual next gen games out for it. On the other hand, it's your money, who the hell am I to tell you how to spend it :p
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#38 plus10charisma

plus10charisma

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'm not surprised that the PS4 is totally dominating the market right now.  Anyways, I'm pretty sure Best Buy will get some in stock soon, but you can always buy a used one =P

76561198028073161.pngAddFriend.png

#39 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

I think people were starved for new consoles. I know I was. 

#40 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Back in stock at Amazon, probably not for long.

http://www.amazon.co...iglink129408-20

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#41 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I think people were starved for new consoles. I know I was. 

I really don't how you could be starved for a new one but regardless even so the fucks the point in rushing out to get it when there's hardly jack to play on it? All power to you I guess but considering the circumstances don't really see the point.

#42 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

A lot of gamers are about graphics, specs and having the latest gear.  Hardware generations had usually be 4-5 years, and last gen drug on 7+ years so I could see some of that crowd being starved and just ready for new gear.

I'm with you though.  I'm drowning in games on last gen hardware, and see nothing that's a day one must play in the near future on the next gen stuff.  I'll grab a PS4 eventually, but I doubt any sooner than this fall if I can clear most of the PS3 backlog out or decide to ditch the Wii U if there's not more announced at E3 that's must play on it for me.  I can't justify a third console (on top of 3DS and Vita) since I'm drowing in games, and don't have any shelf space or HDMI ports for a 3rd one anyway.  So something has to go first.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#43 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

My target had 2 last night

#44 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I really don't how you could be starved for a new one but regardless even so the fucks the point in rushing out to get it when there's hardly jack to play on it? All power to you I guess but considering the circumstances don't really see the point.

Well there are two big reasons to buy a next gen console.

1) Microsoft and Sony will not drop the price very soon in the US. (they may bundle games or bigger hard drive but they really do not like to lower prices much)
2) If you are buying the latest games they look better on next gen and are generally the same price.

#45 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Even if they don't drop price, there will be retailer deals. There's already been a free $50 gift card with Xbone purchase at Target a few weeks ago.

Bundles are definitely coming, Titanfall soon for Xbone, maybe Infamous for PS4 (it's getting one in Europe, but not announced here yet I don't think).

So right now isn't a great time to buy as there will be some bundles and deals soon, and probably more through the summer since there will be a game drought after those two big releases until the wave of big fall releases. That should slow sales and get some retailers to toss in gift cards, extra game etc.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#46 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Even if they don't drop price, there will be retailer deals. There's already been a free $50 gift card with Xbone purchase at Target a few weeks ago.

Bundles are definitely coming, Titanfall soon for Xbone, maybe Infamous for PS4 (it's getting one in Europe, but not announced here yet I don't think).

So right now isn't a great time to buy as there will be some bundles and deals soon, and probably more through the summer since there will be a game drought after those two big releases until the wave of big fall releases. That should slow sales and get some retailers to toss in gift cards, extra game etc.

well, this is a still slight chance of a $400 discless , and all digital xbone coming soon, seeing as the rumors of titan limited edition console proved to be true.

#47 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

http://www.amazon.co...s=playstation 4

In stock at Amazon again.  I nabbed one at Costco yesterday.  Seems like stock is picking back up in the US. They probably want to pump more stock out this month both for Infamous and to try and beat X1 sales in the month of Titanfall as that would be a nice PR hit.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#48 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yeah I understand the point regarding no true system seller... but by the time Sony has one it's not like you'll see a price drop from $399.99 so if money isn't tight why not buy now (or at launch) and get used to the system interface and get some enjoyment out of it for a few months until the games start dropping.

That's my problem with the X1. I bought it at launch (Day One) but a bundle has already been announced for Titanfall (a game I'm not too interested in) and it is likely there will be a drop before any must have exclusive rolls out that appeals to me

Waiting for said system seller will allow more time to pass, which will illuminate any potential hardware problems the system may have. If you don't have a pressing need to buy, there's really nothing but benefit to waiting out for a  year or so before taking the plunge.

Plus, after a year, you'll be able to make at least an initial judgment as to the quality of games coming out for each console, which one has the optimal versions of multiplatform games, which one is selling better and is therefore more likely to receive support from developers and publishers, etc.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#49 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Still in stock at Amazon, just in case anyone is interested.
Posted Image

#50 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

I played through the entirety of AC4 on it and I'm almost done with my first season in NBA 2K14's MyCareer mode. I ended up not liking Killzone that much, though.

My goal was to play AC4 on my couch on a system that wouldn't display it as a juttering, jaggy, pop-in piece of shit mess, basically. And the device served its goal well. I was one of the few people that ended up liking AC3 after it's 10-hour tutorial and introduction sequence, but the one thing I hated was how jaggy it looked and how poorly it performed. I've long held that the current gen consoles have been running games that they have no right to run.

Infamous is out this Friday, which should give us our first taste of what next-gen open world is going to be like.

Hardware defects don't worry me. If a system is going to fail, it's probably going to do so within the first year, especially at the rate I've been using it. If the problems are on par with that of the Xbox 360, they would be expected to extend the warranty, which I took advantage of with my Xbox 360.

#51 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Plus, after a year, you'll be able to make at least an initial judgment as to the quality of games coming out for each console, which one has the optimal versions of multiplatform games, which one is selling better and is therefore more likely to receive support from developers and publishers, etc.

I think any informed consumer knew this information 6 months before the consoles released

#52 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

People are still having trouble finding these? Wow, I haven't really been paying attention to their availability, but that's ridiculous considering its been out for a few months already.

You must not remember the 360 launch.  I wasn't able to get one till my birthday in April 2006.  I lucked out and found one in a local mom and pop game store.  

I've literally only seen 1 in a store.  That was at a Walmart.  One's seem to be overflowing at the stores here

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#53 Leftykins

Leftykins

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

I got mine off amazon at launch and I have no complaints so far.

Completed Games:

2013] [2014]

#54 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Stock seems to have stabilized.  The Costco I got mine at 2 weeks ago still had 7 or 8 today (and a bunch of X1s).  Amazon still has them in stock as well.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#55 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

I think any informed consumer knew this information 6 months before the consoles released

PS4s could all start malfunctioning in a couple of months. It's still early in the game, and while PS4 definitely has a leg up on the One, it's not as wide a gap as the 360 had on PS3. At this point of the last generation, the PS3 didn't even exist yet.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#56 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's still early in the game, and while PS4 definitely has a leg up on the One, it's not as wide a gap as the 360 had on PS3. At this point of the last generation, the PS3 didn't even exist yet.

True. But the 360 did launch an entire year before the PS3. And how much of their comparative performance in the market was due to Microsoft's brilliance, as opposed to Sony's mistakes?

It's easy to forget, but Sony made a huge number of mistakes with the general design and launch of the PS3. They've managed to revise and refine the system in the intervening years. But at the start it was really rough. And there were some decisions that still haunt them.

What's really amazing about the PS4 is that Sony was willing to back-peddle so hard. They basically threw out most of the hardware decisions that had held the PS3 back and started over from scratch.

Microsoft took a similar approach with the XBox One. But since the 360 didn't have nearly as many long-lasting hardware-related flaws, it is questionable if this approach was to their advantage.