Titanfall Xbox One Bundle $499.99

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#1 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Not a deal per se but officially announced, the Xbox One bundle with a digital copy of Titanfall and a month of XBL is up for preorder at amazon. So you save about $60 which isn't bad if you were going to get an Xbox one for titanfall anyways.

Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle by Microsoft

Amazon Preorder http://www.amazon.co...d_9p1ctb0RQFDWW

Best Buy Preorder
http://m.bestbuy.com...cat300300050002

Gamestop Preorder
http://m.gamestop.co.../Product/113923

Newegg Preorder
http://m.newegg.com/...N82E16868105106

Walmart Preorder
http://www.walmart.c...Bundle/35046405

ToysRUs Preorder
http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#2 infamy

infamy

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I know a ton of people who were waiting for this. Thanks!

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#3 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

This looks to be a digital Titanfall voucher, but it's technically "free" since the price of the console is the same as new.  I'm hoping this way you can find a cheap Titanfall voucher on eBay since even if you aren't interested in the game, one would buy this bundle anyway since it's the same price.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#4 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Ugh I just got so excited until I read digital copy. Maybe I could sell the voucher for money towards a retail copy.

#5 bigmakk

bigmakk

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

surprised that they've put a bundle out on their best game

#6 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

surprised that they've put a bundle out on their best game

Thats why they call it a system seller! And sounds like they want more systems to sell lol

#7 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

From playing the beta I have to say that my excitement for maybe getting an XB1 for it's release has diminished significantly.  Not because I didn't like the game, it was fun, but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have.  It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure.  I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#8 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Ugh I just got so excited until I read digital copy. Maybe I could sell the voucher for money towards a retail copy.

A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.

76561197983083270.png

#9 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Damn, wasn't interested in Xbox One but this is kinda tempting.

Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#10 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

I was for sure thinking they would increase price i remember buying my halo xbox with no game for more than the current premiums

#11 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.

But when he gets tired of the game he can resell :P

#12 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have.  It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure.  I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.

Hi, I didn't play the beta.  Why do you think the 360 port will be so good?  I only have a 360 and am considering getting the 360 version of Titanfall (pending further news, actual gameplay videos on the 360, reviews, etc...).

Except that you can trade in, sell, or share your physical copy.  That's a big difference to some people.  If you know how to look for deals on purchases and trade in's, you don't have to spend any real money.

#13 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

And stuff like this is why there's still a bad buzz around the XB1... sigh.

233526.png

#14 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi, I didn't play the beta.  Why do you think the 360 port will be so good?  I only have a 360 and am considering getting the 360 version of Titanfall (pending further news, actual gameplay videos on the 360, reviews, etc...).

Except that you can trade in, sell, or share your physical copy.  That's a big difference to some people.  If you know how to look for deals on purchases and trade in's, you don't have to spend any real money.

Even though they kind of held back graphically with the beta, even maxing it out in the beta wasn't technically maxed out...you could get a good enough idea of the graphics to know that the 360 should be able to reproduce them very well.  In fact a big rumor/theory going around right now is that they are purposely delaying the 360 version because they know it won't be as big of a jump from the 360 version to the XB1 as many people expected.  For a lot of people this was going to be a potential system seller (including myself), but why buy a new system for it when you can play a great version of it on your current console?  Only reason for me would be if the 360 version bombed and had no community (since it's MP only). 

233526.png

#15 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

I was reading an article that the UK bundle is going to drop in price and match the PS4 price there, potential price drop here?

#16 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Tempting but I wish it were a physical copy. I would trade the game in after getting my MP fix to help cut down the costs...

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#17 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Even though they kind of held back graphically with the beta, even maxing it out in the beta wasn't technically maxed out...you could get a good enough idea of the graphics to know that the 360 should be able to reproduce them very well.  In fact a big rumor/theory going around right now is that they are purposely delaying the 360 version because they know it won't be as big of a jump from the 360 version to the XB1 as many people expected.  For a lot of people this was going to be a potential system seller (including myself), but why buy a new system for it when you can play a great version of it on your current console?  Only reason for me would be if the 360 version bombed and had no community (since it's MP only). 

I'll be playing on PC, but I don't know if in this case we can say much about the Xbox 360 since it will be a port handled by a different team. Bluepoint Games rather than Respawn.

http://www.polygon.c...bluepoint-games

I wouldn't keep my hopes up.  It's also being released a couple weeks later.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#18 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

That's good to hear!!!  I personally don't think it will bomb on the 360, if the gameplay is similar to what we've seen in videos so far.  This is one of the largest titles coming out in 2014, and the 360 still has such a huge player base, the community will be there.

#19 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'll be playing on PC, but I don't know if in this case we can say much about the Xbox 360 since it will be a port handled by a different team. Bluepoint Games rather than Respawn.

http://www.polygon.c...bluepoint-games

I wouldn't keep my hopes up.  It's also being released a couple weeks later.

If so then that would be the fault of the developer for botching it.  Trust me, it SHOULD be fine.  I may just get it on PC too just depends how long the 360 version is delayed or if it's clearly been botched.  I wouldn't even be surprised if it got a major delay or was even canned though, simply to drive XB1 sales.

That's good to hear!!!  I personally don't think it will bomb on the 360, if the gameplay is similar to what we've seen in videos so far.  This is one of the largest titles coming out in 2014, and the 360 still has such a huge player base, the community will be there.

Besides a potential botch job by the developers, the other possible issue I see is that it's MP only and it's still selling for full price.  I just don't see as many people buying it as would if it has SP too or was a bit cheaper with only MP.  I'm sure it'll do well, just not as well as it could have.  

233526.png

#20 midloo

midloo

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

From playing the beta I have to say that my excitement for maybe getting an XB1 for it's release has diminished significantly.  Not because I didn't like the game, it was fun, but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have.  It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure.  I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.

Agreed.  This game has "PC" all over it.  It feels like a return to the days of Quake II or Unreal Tournament.  My mouse was moving furiously while I played the beta.  The verticality of the game is awesome.  I was looking left, looking up, looking down, back to the left, up again...  all over the place.  I can't imagine pulling all that off with a console controller and not a mouse.  

I am one of the people you mention.  I wanted an excuse to buy a Xbone, but Titanfall isn't going to do it for me.  PC all the way. 

Posted Image

#21 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Oh man.  I just got my Xbox One from Target and already opened it.  Would have been nice to get the $50 gift card and the Xbox One with Titanfall.

#22 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Agreed. This game has "PC" all over it. It feels like a return to the days of Quake II or Unreal Tournament. My mouse was moving furiously while I played the beta. The verticality of the game is awesome. I was looking left, looking up, looking down, back to the left, up again... all over the place. I can't imagine pulling all that off with a console controller and not a mouse.

I am one of the people you mention. I wanted an excuse to buy a Xbone, but Titanfall isn't going to do it for me. PC all the way.

It plays great with an x1 controller. Personally I hate a keyboard and mouse but the PC community is abhorrent.

#23 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Being a MP only game I think they should've at least included 3 months of Live and the LE controller as well. Regarding the differences, Its not like Titanfall is pushing any boundaries on the Xbone. I expect the 360 version to be on par. Bluepoint games is very capable.

#24 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Seems like a good deal, but ill wait for further news on a price drop or Black Friday 2014.

#25 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Nice. It's almost starting to look affordable.

#26 ArttyG12

ArttyG12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

My only concern with the 360 version would be how well it pushes all the AI while still keeping up with the regular gameplay.

#27 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

My only concern with the 360 version would be how well it pushes all the AI while still keeping up with the regular gameplay.

I'm not concerned about that at all.  Based on the gameplay videos, it's clear that the AI doesn't know that the "I" stands for intelligence.  I'm more concerned about the gameplay controls.  Hoping it's silky smooth like CoD.

#28 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I know a ton of people who were waiting for this. Thanks!

Weren't they actually waiting for the Titanfall themed Xbox One that was leaked a month or so ago?   Apparently that isn't happening and this is just a regular Xbox One in a different box with a voucher for Titanfall.  You don't even get the Titanfall theme controller and with many retailers starting to already give a $50 GC or free game with any Xbox One purchase, it seems kind of silly to buy this specific bundle unless those other deals stack.  

#29 LetGoLightly

LetGoLightly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I wish Sony would do this with Infamous but it doesn't look like they'll have a reason to.

#30 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

I was reading an article that the UK bundle is going to drop in price and match the PS4 price there, potential price drop here?

That would be pretty significant if true. MS needs to push this game alongside console incentives since Sony has outpaced them despite the PS4 console shortage.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3