Titanfall Xbox One Bundle $499.99

cubeenigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
Not a deal per se but officially announced, the Xbox One bundle with a digital copy of Titanfall and a month of XBL is up for preorder at amazon. So you save about $60 which isn't bad if you were going to get an Xbox one for titanfall anyways.

Xbox One Console - Titanfall Bundle by Microsoft

Amazon Preorder http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIHU44E/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_9p1ctb0RQFDWW

Best Buy Preorder
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp;jsessionid=B1685E65E7895745A9CDC5DD11DAD9E2.bbmdotp-app32-105?skuId=4042004&pid=1219095669885&pcatId=pcmcat300300050002

Gamestop Preorder
http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/113923

Newegg Preorder
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16868105106

Walmart Preorder
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Console-Bundle/35046405

ToysRUs Preorder
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32885746&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks to be a digital Titanfall voucher, but it's technically "free" since the price of the console is the same as new.  I'm hoping this way you can find a cheap Titanfall voucher on eBay since even if you aren't interested in the game, one would buy this bundle anyway since it's the same price.

Was hoping that the bundle would have looked like this. Sorry for the big images.

Titanfall-Xbox-One-2.jpg

025467.jpg

From playing the beta I have to say that my excitement for maybe getting an XB1 for it's release has diminished significantly.  Not because I didn't like the game, it was fun, but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have.  It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure.  I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.

Ugh I just got so excited until I read digital copy. Maybe I could sell the voucher for money towards a retail copy.
A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.

I was for sure thinking they would increase price i remember buying my halo xbox with no game for more than the current premiums

but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have. It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure. I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.
Hi, I didn't play the beta. Why do you think the 360 port will be so good? I only have a 360 and am considering getting the 360 version of Titanfall (pending further news, actual gameplay videos on the 360, reviews, etc...).

A physical copy of an XB1 game is essentially a digital copy that requires the disc. Only hoping to ease your worries, not be combative or release the fanboy hounds.
Except that you can trade in, sell, or share your physical copy. That's a big difference to some people. If you know how to look for deals on purchases and trade in's, you don't have to spend any real money.

Hi, I didn't play the beta. Why do you think the 360 port will be so good? I only have a 360 and am considering getting the 360 version of Titanfall (pending further news, actual gameplay videos on the 360, reviews, etc...).

Except that you can trade in, sell, or share your physical copy. That's a big difference to some people. If you know how to look for deals on purchases and trade in's, you don't have to spend any real money.
Even though they kind of held back graphically with the beta, even maxing it out in the beta wasn't technically maxed out...you could get a good enough idea of the graphics to know that the 360 should be able to reproduce them very well. In fact a big rumor/theory going around right now is that they are purposely delaying the 360 version because they know it won't be as big of a jump from the 360 version to the XB1 as many people expected. For a lot of people this was going to be a potential system seller (including myself), but why buy a new system for it when you can play a great version of it on your current console? Only reason for me would be if the 360 version bombed and had no community (since it's MP only).

I was reading an article that the UK bundle is going to drop in price and match the PS4 price there, potential price drop here?

Even though they kind of held back graphically with the beta, even maxing it out in the beta wasn't technically maxed out...you could get a good enough idea of the graphics to know that the 360 should be able to reproduce them very well. In fact a big rumor/theory going around right now is that they are purposely delaying the 360 version because they know it won't be as big of a jump from the 360 version to the XB1 as many people expected. For a lot of people this was going to be a potential system seller (including myself), but why buy a new system for it when you can play a great version of it on your current console? Only reason for me would be if the 360 version bombed and had no community (since it's MP only).
I'll be playing on PC, but I don't know if in this case we can say much about the Xbox 360 since it will be a port handled by a different team. Bluepoint Games rather than Respawn.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5352382/titanfall-xbox-360-developed-by-bluepoint-games

I wouldn't keep my hopes up. It's also being released a couple weeks later.

That's good to hear!!! I personally don't think it will bomb on the 360, if the gameplay is similar to what we've seen in videos so far. This is one of the largest titles coming out in 2014, and the 360 still has such a huge player base, the community will be there.

I'll be playing on PC, but I don't know if in this case we can say much about the Xbox 360 since it will be a port handled by a different team. Bluepoint Games rather than Respawn.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5352382/titanfall-xbox-360-developed-by-bluepoint-games

I wouldn't keep my hopes up. It's also being released a couple weeks later.
If so then that would be the fault of the developer for botching it. Trust me, it SHOULD be fine. I may just get it on PC too just depends how long the 360 version is delayed or if it's clearly been botched. I wouldn't even be surprised if it got a major delay or was even canned though, simply to drive XB1 sales.

That's good to hear!!! I personally don't think it will bomb on the 360, if the gameplay is similar to what we've seen in videos so far. This is one of the largest titles coming out in 2014, and the 360 still has such a huge player base, the community will be there.
Besides a potential botch job by the developers, the other possible issue I see is that it's MP only and it's still selling for full price. I just don't see as many people buying it as would if it has SP too or was a bit cheaper with only MP. I'm sure it'll do well, just not as well as it could have.

From playing the beta I have to say that my excitement for maybe getting an XB1 for it's release has diminished significantly. Not because I didn't like the game, it was fun, but the game ran so well on my PC that I could see the 360 port being so good it'll kind of hurt the impact that the XB1 version will have. It's definitely not that "mind = blown" system seller I was hoping for in the graphics and gameplay department that's for sure. I know they held back for the beta graphically but still.
Agreed. This game has "PC" all over it. It feels like a return to the days of Quake II or Unreal Tournament. My mouse was moving furiously while I played the beta. The verticality of the game is awesome. I was looking left, looking up, looking down, back to the left, up again... all over the place. I can't imagine pulling all that off with a console controller and not a mouse.

I am one of the people you mention. I wanted an excuse to buy a Xbone, but Titanfall isn't going to do it for me. PC all the way.

Oh man.  I just got my Xbox One from Target and already opened it.  Would have been nice to get the $50 gift card and the Xbox One with Titanfall.

Agreed. This game has "PC" all over it. It feels like a return to the days of Quake II or Unreal Tournament. My mouse was moving furiously while I played the beta. The verticality of the game is awesome. I was looking left, looking up, looking down, back to the left, up again... all over the place. I can't imagine pulling all that off with a console controller and not a mouse.

I am one of the people you mention. I wanted an excuse to buy a Xbone, but Titanfall isn't going to do it for me. PC all the way.
It plays great with an x1 controller. Personally I hate a keyboard and mouse but the PC community is abhorrent.

Being a MP only game I think they should've at least included 3 months of Live and the LE controller as well. Regarding the differences, Its not like Titanfall is pushing any boundaries on the Xbone. I expect the 360 version to be on par. Bluepoint games is very capable.

My only concern with the 360 version would be how well it pushes all the AI while still keeping up with the regular gameplay.

My only concern with the 360 version would be how well it pushes all the AI while still keeping up with the regular gameplay.
I'm not concerned about that at all. Based on the gameplay videos, it's clear that the AI doesn't know that the "I" stands for intelligence. I'm more concerned about the gameplay controls. Hoping it's silky smooth like CoD.

I know a ton of people who were waiting for this. Thanks!
Weren't they actually waiting for the Titanfall themed Xbox One that was leaked a month or so ago? Apparently that isn't happening and this is just a regular Xbox One in a different box with a voucher for Titanfall. You don't even get the Titanfall theme controller and with many retailers starting to already give a $50 GC or free game with any Xbox One purchase, it seems kind of silly to buy this specific bundle unless those other deals stack.

I was reading an article that the UK bundle is going to drop in price and match the PS4 price there, potential price drop here?
That would be pretty significant if true. MS needs to push this game alongside console incentives since Sony has outpaced them despite the PS4 console shortage.

Damn, I didn`t even realize it was MP only have there been any recent MP only console games that sold on the level that MS wants titanfall to do? I understand COD is about the MP but even they have a SP.
Good bundle if you wanted the game but the recent target deal allowed people to get the system & a physical copy for cheaper than MSRP.

I wish Sony would do this with Infamous but it doesn't look like they'll have a reason to.
Ironically, you`ll get your wish just not at launch Infamous SS will surely be in the holiday bundle. I wouldn`t even be surprised if Sony pulled a double dip & sometime next yr offers a digital Infamous coll & Infamous SS complete/GOTY PS4 bundle. You`d need PS+ for the voucher so they`d offer the 3 month teaser & hope for the extra 50 later.

It plays great with an x1 controller. Personally I hate a keyboard and mouse but the PC community is abhorrent.
Are you speaking about the PC community as a whole? If so, I think that's pretty harsh. I've met a lot of great people through PC gaming.

Personal preference is certainly a factor, but I would argue that a game this fast paced and fluid is better experienced with a mouse and keyboard. The speed and precision of a mouse and keyboard makes this game more fun IMO, whereas I often reach for my MS controller when I'm firing up a shooter like Gears or Lost Planet. Each to their own.

That would be pretty significant if true. MS needs to push this game alongside console incentives since Sony has outpaced them despite the PS4 console shortage.
link, Sorry, forgot to link the article.

Damn, I didn`t even realize it was MP only have there been any recent MP only console games that sold on the level that MS wants titanfall to do? I understand COD is about the MP but even they have a SP.
Good bundle if you wanted the game but the recent target deal allowed people to get the system & a physical copy for cheaper than MSRP.
Has there ever been a successful MP only game? I know MAG and SOCOM tanked, I'm not sure how Final Fantasy did but I'm going to guess not too well and I guess we have to see how Titanfall and Elder Scrolls do. I remember even in the Dreamcast days the two that I remember didn't fair so well, Alien Front Online and Outtrigger.

There are people furiously discussing this on an industry site where I often hang out. I think this will only further hurt MS in the United States once the word gets out. A price drop here would be nice as well, but maybe the spread between the consoles isn't as significant in the US and they think they can ride the current price out a little further.

Has there ever been a successful MP only game? I know MAG and SOCOM tanked, I'm not sure how Final Fantasy did but I'm going to guess not too well and I guess we have to see how Titanfall and Elder Scrolls do. I remember even in the Dreamcast days the two that I remember didn't fair so well, Alien Front Online and Outtrigger.
Final fantasy and elder scrolls are way different then a mp only shooter. A lot more to do in a mmo then a shooter where you play the same maps over and over

Yes. Just comes with a code for the game, 1 month Live, and a pretty box. No fancy artwork on the console or controller. :(
It is LE packaging? Is there a picture anywhere?

A lot of times MS just throws stickers on a standard console after opening an resealing them and with all the standard X1 systems lying around I figured they'd just do that since it'd be easy to slip two vouchers in (one for titanfall and one for the XBox Live code)

Funny you said that, I played the beta on PC but still used my XBox controller, lol. Only reason I even use m/kb most of the time on PC is that you basically HAVE to in order to compete. I prefer my controller for most stuff except RTS's and stuff like that.

Or perhaps BECAUSE of the shortage? I still think it was a smart marketing ploy. I mean which console would you want more? One you can find anywhere or one that's "impossible" to find?

I think Microsoft Store is also doing this, I assume they are still in the ShopDiscover program, which is a better deal for those who are taxed on Amazon.

I get 15% back in points from SHC (Kmart/Sears) through the end of my month as part of a birthday promotion so combined with the 7% cashback a rebates site is offering I would consider buying this for my office. I have a Day One set up at home that I haven't used much except for some media.

I would think that this might kill sales of the already slow(er) selling standard X1 systems though.... no?

Wow. This is MS throwing out all their cards outside of a price drop/removal of Kinect. Desperate MS is good MS.

Edit: Price got dropped in the UK though. Wonder of the rest of Europe? US seems like the last place they'd price drop anyways.

I get 15% back in points from SHC (Kmart/Sears) through the end of my month as part of a birthday promotion so combined with the 7% cashback a rebates site is offering I would consider buying this for my office. I have a Day One set up at home that I haven't used much except for some media.

I would think that this might kill sales of the already slow(er) selling standard X1 systems though.... no?
I would say yes. I got my system from Best Buy 16 days ago. Thinking about returning it. It seems stupid to return a working system just to get the game for free.

Even if you don't like the game, you could still sell it.

bread's done
Back