Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS4/XB1 $29.99 @ BestBuy/GameStop/Amazon/NewEgg

lol nice we made the same thread 1 minute apart.

make sure you redo your preorder if you preordered it. mine didn't auto update and i had to reorder to get the lower price.

I'm in!

Edit:
If it is an MSRP price, I'll buy it from Amazon. Let's see if they reflect the price :) was gonna get it regardless. Thanks, OP

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is really only 2 hours long I find it hard to pay that much for. Youre essentially just paying for a demo or something that should be on Xbox Live for $10.

The main mission is only 2 hours but there is supposed to be side stuff to do. Makes it a little easier to buy at $25 with GCU. Still on the fence though.

Thanks OP, but I'll still wait for a lower price. With everything else coming out in March, I'll have plenty to play without this.

Good.  $40 is a pretty tough pill to swallow for a glorified demo. 

Sadly, I must admit I was going to buy this on Day 1 anyway at the original MSRP.  My fanboyism with Metal Gear continues to haunt me to this day.  Kojima can do whatever he wants with my wallet. 

A little OT - I read the latest Game Informer interview and Kojima has basically all but admitted that he's stuck working on Metal Gear while he'd rather move on to other projects.  I feel kind of bad for him.  His legacy will be Metal Gear even though he wish it wasn't.  Konami must have paid him a hefty sum to stay on the project.  Maybe this will finally be his last MGS once and for all.

The phantom pain will take sometime to finish. I don't mind a little teaser going into the main game. As mgs fan, I would love to play and listen into codec chatters as well with new voice actor. Count me in. Konami, you got my money.

Don't have a Xbox One or PS4 so I will be playing this on the PS3. I believe Redbox will be carrying it so $2 to play this sounds right.

A little OT - I read the latest Game Informer interview and Kojima has basically all but admitted that he's stuck working on Metal Gear while he'd rather move on to other projects. I feel kind of bad for him. His legacy will be Metal Gear even though he wish it wasn't. Konami must have paid him a hefty sum to stay on the project. Maybe this will finally be his last MGS once and for all.
Yeah he's been saying that for years. I think he and his team wanted to do something new with Zone of the Enders a while back but it didn't happen.

Since I take dumps longer than this game's main mission, the price needs to be $15 with a $5 off sale during the launch week.

I got it from Newegg when they were doing the $5 off promo. I wonder if it'll apply to the new MSRP.
Hopefully it does. I seem to remember some people stating that when the item ships, Newegg applies the discount to the current MSRP, so it might be ok. I got one order with them to, so I'll see how it goes.

Getting from amazon with some credit and canceled my BB order and picked up PvZGW instead with that gift card.

I have to get this regardless as I'm a big MGS fan

Since this is the new MSRP, I don't see any harm in waiting until reviews come out and then going for it if it's worthwhile.  

Not trying to be the guy starting console wars, but this game looks kinda bad on the Xbox one, graphically speaking.

Not trying to be the guy starting console wars, but this game looks kinda bad on the Xbox one, graphically speaking.
Anyone that says something like that to start off their comment, usually is trying to do exactly that. I assume you have played both versions and not going off videos posted online?

It does to me too, barley a difference from the 360 version IMO.

Anyone that says something like that to start off their comment, usually is trying to do exactly that. I assume you have played both versions and not going off videos posted online?
Whats wrong with watching online comparisons videos to see what version is best?

What else is there to go off of except videos? You don't have to actually play a game to see that the graphics arent that great. It's pretty obvious the Xbox one version doesn't look near as good as the PS4 version. And no I don't own either system. I'm just giving an opinion that might help someone that's thinking about which system to get it on incase they have both a PS4 and Xbox one. If anyone is curious about what I'm saying, you can see the comparison on IGN (and no I'm not an IGN fanboy too if that's what you're going to say).

Not sure why people are calling this a glorified demo. It's a prologue, in a similar vein to GT5 Prologue. Granted it will share gameplay mechanics with the main game, but it still has exclusive story content that will not be included in the main game. It's meant to whet our appetites before the main course. As for the value of Ground Zeroes itself,  well, that's all subjective and people can argue until the internet dies and still get nowhere. But in the end, it's not a demo, it's a prologue and should be considered as such. 

Not sure why people are calling this a glorified demo. It's a prologue, in a similar vein to GT5 Prologue. Granted it will share gameplay mechanics with the main game, but it still has exclusive story content that will not be included in the main game. It's meant to whet our appetites before the main course. As for the value of Ground Zeroes itself, well, that's all subjective and people can argue until the internet dies and still get nowhere. But in the end, it's not a demo, it's a prologue and should be considered as such.
Keep telling yourself that. Eventually you'll believe it.

Not sure why people are calling this a glorified demo. It's a prologue, in a similar vein to GT5 Prologue. Granted it will share gameplay mechanics with the main game, but it still has exclusive story content that will not be included in the main game. It's meant to whet our appetites before the main course. As for the value of Ground Zeroes itself, well, that's all subjective and people can argue until the internet dies and still get nowhere. But in the end, it's not a demo, it's a prologue and should be considered as such.
A two hour prologue can be done in the final game. Just like the Tanker mission in MGS2, or the Virtuous Mission in Snake Eater.

Kojima can kiss my grits.

bread's done
Back