cant set up my wii-u

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
ok this is annoying. Seting up my wind waker wii-u bundle. I get to the point of linking a network ID. I try to link my 3ds id and it waits for a bit then gives me an error code 102-2511. "In order to use online services, a system update is required. Go to system settings to perform a system update"

Well i CANT go to system settings. This is the initial setup process. If i hit ok and try to go back it just takes me to the network id input screen again. If i hit the home button it gives a cross out sign and doesn't do anything. What the hell? Anyone know what the heck i can do here. This is a terrible setup process. Not sure why it would require a patch for you to register/link your account and then not let you friggin patch!

thats the problem, i cant. I need to create an id to move on and it wont let me. This is really shitty design. I may be able to just create a NEW network ID, didn't try that. Could i do that if it works, then link my existing one later?

called up nintendo they said it should be fine making an account to get past the screen, updating then deleting the account after i add my real one... hope that works, lady seemed pretty confused. Most consoles let you set up multiple users so im hoping this is the same thing. Who knows though Nintendos always kinda janky

worked eventually. Had issues transfering the mii over from my 3ds. Whole thing took forever coupled with the actual system update. Yeesh, what terrible software. You need to update the system in order to register an existing account, but you cant update the system without having a registered account... yea thats smart =P

Well considering that the ability to link accounts between the Wii U and 3DS is a very new thing, and Nintendo would have no way of pre-updating the software of consoles that have already been packaged and shipped to vendors, I don't know what else you expected to be able to do about it.  Circumventing the problem by creating a temporary ID is inconvenient, but it works right?  I imagine they will produce new consoles with the updated software.  

Nintendo has been pretty good about making their updates worth it too.  As opposed to say needing 3 updates just to include closed captioning and other trivial things that no one actually uses... every time you try to play a game.  And the Wii U can be set to download updates automatically in a low power state, and then install them when you turn it on.  Much more convenient.

Well considering that the ability to link accounts between the Wii U and 3DS is a very new thing, and Nintendo would have no way of pre-updating the software of consoles that have already been packaged and shipped to vendors, I don't know what else you expected to be able to do about it. Circumventing the problem by creating a temporary ID is inconvenient, but it works right? I imagine they will produce new consoles with the updated software.

Nintendo has been pretty good about making their updates worth it too. As opposed to say needing 3 updates just to include closed captioning and other trivial things that no one actually uses... every time you try to play a game. And the Wii U can be set to download updates automatically in a low power state, and then install them when you turn it on. Much more convenient.
I'm still waiting on them to allow you to password lock accounts that don't have a Nintendo ID. My wife as an account on my Wii U but she doesn't have it online. Meanwhile my 3 year old goes in and deletes all the accounts except mine which is password locked. My wife doesn't need a Nintendo ID, all she needs is to fucking lock the account behind a password. The alternative is to put in settings a way to disable modification of accounts without the PIN like iOS devices have.

bread's done
Back