Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II (TELL ME IF THE OPENING POST BECOMES UNWIKIED)

Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Disney Infinity Deals Figures

• Please log in to reply
1197 replies to this topic

#1171 micbelt

micbelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Mine is still at $0.00.

mine as well

micbelt.png

#1172 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM

Preordering online and using in-store pickup might work.

Enter the store, go to the figures, pick out 3 you want, and go to the counter to pickup your online order. As the rep is doing your order, bring up how the ad says buy 2 get 1 free when buying DI.

I think in most cases, the rep will do whatever they have to do and you'll get the deal. If a rep gives resistance, say that you got the one free fig for preordering, and the other free fig is for buying DI and the other 2 figs as the ad says. I bet most people who attempt it this way will get the deals to stack.

It reminds me back when Watch Dogs was released. They gave a $10 cert for preordering, and in the ad they had a deal where if you bought WD and a PS+ membership you got $x off. I did the same thing as I listed above and got both deals. One is for preordering, and one is for buying,

Just thowing it out there. Give it a shot.

Not a bad plan actually. My issue will be that I need to exchange the PS3 copy I preordered for a PS4 copy, so that'll complicate stuff. And in an ideal world, I'd exchange my Spider-Man playset for the Guardians playset. We shall see what happens.

#1173 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

You will not get the Avengers playset if that interests you.  It's like the dice playset (MU/PotC/Inc.) piece, you cannot play without it on the portal.  I'm thinking eventually Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor will get single releases given they have options to buy where you don't get them, maybe even an Avenger Playset separate pack.  You *might* save a few bucks if you either don't care about the Avengers or are willing to wait until (if?) they come out and get them on sale.  But, you could also save quite a bit if you wait until Black Friday on the Starter as well.  The digital edition is good if you just want to do the upgraded Toy Box.

I think I might just buy the digital copy. The playsets are $27.99 before taxes if you have GCU...I'm definitely going to start with The Guardians of the Galaxy set.

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#1174 NickSC07

NickSC07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM

I got an email from Disney Infinity today saying there would be 130 new power disc to collect. Wtf? I thought it was 'only' 40 at launch and 40 in Nov.?
Go Braves!

#1175 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:16 PM

I got an email from Disney Infinity today saying there would be 130 new power disc to collect. Wtf? I thought it was 'only' 40 at launch and 40 in Nov.?

Screengrab and post? Would love to see this...

#1176 NickSC07

NickSC07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 PM

I'll try to. Not sure if it will go through. I'm using my phone.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2014-09-16-19-40-11.png

Go Braves!

#1177 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM

are they counting the discs from 1.0 toward the 130? weren't there around 50 from the first game? (I sure hope so...)

#1178 guessed

guessed

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

are they counting the discs from 1.0 toward the 130? weren't there around 50 from the first game? (I sure hope so...)

Well, it does state "new", so probably not.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1179 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

I'll try to. Not sure if it will go through. I'm using my phone.

I'm tweeting @JohnVignocchi to get an answer.

#1180 NickSC07

NickSC07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:42 AM

I'm tweeting @JohnVignocchi to get an answer.

Let us know what he says. I sure hope it's not gonna be 130 new disc.
Go Braves!

#1181 SketchFox7

SketchFox7

Posted Today, 01:00 AM

It's 1.0 discs + 2.0 discs, he's answered the question before. 2.0 is bringing 82 new discs in 40 Marvel at launch & 40 Disney on 11/4. Plus there will be 2 additional Disney discs released in a Aladdin/Jasmine Toy Box Pack in 2015 that will be a Aladdin themed skydome/terrain, for a total of 82. The line says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs" the 'new' part is only in front of the 40s.

#1182 NickSC07

NickSC07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

It's 1.0 discs + 2.0 discs, he's answered the question before. 2.0 is bringing 82 new discs in 40 Marvel at launch & 40 Disney on 11/4. Plus there will be 2 additional Disney discs released in a Aladdin/Jasmine Toy Box Pack in 2015 that will be a Aladdin themed skydome/terrain, for a total of 82. The line says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs" the 'new' part is only in front of the 40s.

The email I got states "over 130 NEW power disc to collect". Perhaps they just worded it wrong.
Go Braves!

#1183 SketchFox7

SketchFox7

Posted Today, 01:10 AM

The email I got states "over 130 NEW power disc to collect". Perhaps they just worded it wrong.

I did just notice that, and yeah, they did word it wrong, the video in the e-mail says "40 New Marvel Power Discs" & "40 New Disney Discs" then says "Collect & trade over 130 power discs", so yeah they did make a typo in the e-mail, lol.

#1184 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

I'm going to try and stay away from the power discs this time all together. We will see how long that lasts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1185 Bobby's Universe

Bobby's Universe

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

I'm going to try and stay away from the power discs this time all together. We will see how long that lasts.

I only purchased one pack of power discs & I never understood the need for them lol I know they add stuff but that's all they do right? Like these phineas and ferb piece I got made all the grass a different shade of green...I was blown away ::sarcasm::

Currently Playing

:ps3: Destiny
:wiiu: Disney Infinity (thanks to the free digital copy + stuff from my ps3 purchase of the game)
:wii: Scarface The World Is Yours
:3ds: Pokemon X...gotta catch em all

#1186 ONIN

ONIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:04 AM

I only purchased one pack of power discs & I never understood the need for them lol I know they add stuff but that's all they do right? Like these phineas and ferb piece I got made all the grass a different shade of green...I was blown away ::sarcasm::

I wish I had your will power. When ever there was a B1g1 I'd some how end up buying a bunch. Gonna try harder this time around. Only gonna get power packs if they free with item purchase. Must stay strong. :)

#1187 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 04:17 AM

Check out @JohnVignocchi's Tweet:

#1188 gravel

gravel

Posted Today, 12:07 PM

That's my plan too.  I gave up after series 2.  No book to match the others, and no complete set like Target had for series 2 were enough to get me to stop.  The discs with actual game content are enticing, but I thought I saw that they will be available in a non-blind buy package at some point.  If so, I will probably get those depending on what they add to the game.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#1189 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:17 PM

That's my plan too. I gave up after series 2. No book to match the others, and no complete set like Target had for series 2 were enough to get me to stop. The discs with actual game content are enticing, but I thought I saw that they will be available in a non-blind buy package at some point. If so, I will probably get those depending on what they add to the game.

See I could do some of the marvel ones but I don't think I have the $$ and the time to do 40 different ones. I almost wish each character would have came with two discs and they would have charged $2-$3 more per guy. I know that's not a money maker for them like the blind pack were but that would have made me happy.

Since this is my sons Xmas gift to go along with his WiiU I might try and score the playsets at Target next week and get the 4 free packs that come if I get both of them there and throw them in his stocking and be done with it.

What suck is tru is rumored to be having a disc trading event on the 27th from 2:00 to 4:00, but we have a wedding to attend that day. I would love to try and dump what I have of series one and two for any of the Marvel ones. Even if I have to trade 2 for 1 it would be worth it to me just to get rid of them.

#1190 SonicGamer

SonicGamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:10 PM

yeah looks like scalpers are out in full force and looks like you can tell whats in the packages again!! this is good news for me but not everyone that blindly buys but doesnt know. Walmart seems to have started selling it in some places

I save 24/7 on retro/next gen/ and last gen etc. Deals is my go to and my specialty if you ain't talking deals you ain't talking my language! game on!!  Most of the things i get are FREE! 

#1191 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:11 PM

Yea.. I'm not power disc collecting guys..... the crap that they put us through and then the ebay-cronies pack scratching/buy returning.. no thanks.  Targets collection was the best IMO.  But how often does my daughter use the discs?  Almost never.  And so I'm done with them.

That poster is missing quite a few of the Marvel figs.. I wonder what's the deal with that... it's not the full set, it's a shitty poster.

#1192 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:18 PM

Yea.. I'm not power disc collecting guys..... the crap that they put us through and then the ebay-cronies pack scratching/buy returning.. no thanks.  Targets collection was the best IMO.  But how often does my daughter use the discs?  Almost never.  And so I'm done with them.

That poster is missing quite a few of the Marvel figs.. I wonder what's the deal with that... it's not the full set, it's a shitty poster.

The only power disc my kids ever use is the one with Anna on it, and that's just because it's Frozen. They have 4 more laying around that they received as gifts from their uncle (one of them rare, I think - Scrooge McDuck) that never get touched. The characters, they use all of them, with or without the game, so that's a lot easier to justify.

I'll be getting 6 power discs with 2.0 - The 4 that have the Toy Box games, and the 2 that come with Aladdin and Jasmine (my favorite Disney movie of all-time).

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

TMR221917838     AHP233565792     ADN253704054

#1193 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:32 PM

The only power disc my kids ever use is the one with Anna on it, and that's just because it's Frozen. They have 4 more laying around that they received as gifts from their uncle (one of them rare, I think - Scrooge McDuck) that never get touched. The characters, they use all of them, with or without the game, so that's a lot easier to justify.

I'll be getting 6 power discs with 2.0 - The 4 that have the Toy Box games, and the 2 that come with Aladdin and Jasmine (my favorite Disney movie of all-time).

Sorry haven't been keeping up with 2.0 till now, so dumb question. So there are power discs this time that do more than add a vehicle, terrain, or a sky? There are ones that add playable content to the toy box?

#1194 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:43 PM

That's my plan too.  I gave up after series 2.  No book to match the others, and no complete set like Target had for series 2 were enough to get me to stop.  The discs with actual game content are enticing, but I thought I saw that they will be available in a non-blind buy package at some point.  If so, I will probably get those depending on what they add to the game.

I just ended up making my own. It's not difficult.

10505602_10204322099477192_7470784621682

oIi9lub.png

#1195 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

I didn't bother with any power discs at all for 1.0 outside the ones included with Wreck It Ralph, but I will be damn if I don't get the Darkwing Duck ratcatcher!

#1196 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

Here is a little more evidence/conformation that TRU will be having that Infinity disc trading event from 2:00 to 4:00 on the 27th.

http://vinylmationki...vent-toys-r-us/

Launch week deals include and are valid all week.

3 for $10 Power Disc Packs

3 for $33 Infinity Figures

#1197 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:05 PM

Here is a little more evidence/conformation that TRU will be having that Infinity disc trading event from 2:00 to 4:00 on the 27th.

http://vinylmationki...vent-toys-r-us/

Launch week deals include and are valid all week.

3 for $10 Power Disc Packs

3 for $33 Infinity Figures

Thanks for that. Hoping to price match the discs and figures at Best Buy so I can avoid the TRU madhouse on launch day.

$33 for 3 figures is a whopping $0.58 cheaper than the GCU discount, in case anyone cares.

#1198 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

3 for $33 could be good for anyone looking for crystal figures from 1.0 though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney Infinity, Disney, Infinity, Disney Infinity Deals, Figures