$5 Free iTunes w/ Amex

confoosious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (99%)
Time to pick up those games you've been waiting for but couldn't pull the trigger on.

Spend a total of $5 or more on iTunes using your enrolled American Express Card by 4/30/14 and get a one-time $5 statement credit.

TERMS
Offer valid only for iTunes purchases; not valid for any other purchases of Apple products in-store or online. Offer valid only for purchases made with your enrolled Card. Please make sure that your enrolled Card is the payment method set for your iTunes account in order to redeem the offer. Enrollment is limited. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided until after 4/30/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/14, provided that American Express receives information from Apple about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from Apple until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided by Apple. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the stmt credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with Apple. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the stmt credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a 3rd party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AZZN:0001

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how universal these deals are. I always get them.  They should appear in My offers tab when you log into your amex account.

Thanks, OP.  I added the offer to my card.  I always forget to check my account's offers regularly for good ones like this.

Seems like a perfect way to pre-order Coldplay's recently announced new album for $5 and change.

Just to be clear, when it says iTunes, that only refers to music, right?  Not apps or videos?  I'm an Apple newbie.  Thanks!

So I didn't understand where this was showing and hadn't registered my Amex online. But I just did and don't see anything under "offers".  Or is this showing up somewhere else?

If I have credit already on itunes, is there a way to specify how to make my payment?

Yeah, I have the same question. I have almost $100 in credit in my account so even though my Amex is synced with my account, it's never actually used.
You can gift an app/game to yourself. Just enter in your email address for the gift and you'll receive the redemption code and can apply it to your itunes account. That will charge your cc since gifting can NOT be paid for by itunes credit/balance.

So I didn't understand where this was showing and hadn't registered my Amex online. But I just did and don't see anything under "offers". Or is this showing up somewhere else?

Don't worry it's not showing up for me either :\ I checked both my Amex credit card and Serve card.

Nada for me ):
Go to https://www.americanexpress.com/ and log into "Cards/My Account". Make sure your AMEX card(s) are already linked with the account. Scroll down and when you get to the "Latest Transactions" and pending charges, look RIGHT next to the "Latest Transactions" tab, there should be an "Offers For You" tab. Click on that and if you don't see the iTunes offer then you may have a special AMEX. i.e, people with the Costco AMEX card don't see the same offers as someone like me who has an AMEX Blue Cash Back card. I actually received an email from AMEX yesterday detailing the iTunes offer so I just clicked through that to get the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can gift an app/game to yourself. Just enter in your email address for the gift and you'll receive the redemption code and can apply it to your itunes account. That will charge your cc since gifting can NOT be paid for by itunes credit/balance.
Thank you!

bread's done
Back