Fred Meyer selected video games 50% pokemon x/y $20, windwaker $25

sevast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I just got the Fred Meyer ad in the Sunday Paper. Selected video games 50% off. Ad specifically states that it excludes PS4 and Xbox 1 platforms. The ones listed in the paper are:

Just Dance 2014 for $20 (all platforms)

Lego Marvel $25 (all platforms, is 3DS less?)

Pokemon X/Y $20

Windwaker $25

Angry Bird Star Wars $20

I'm going to go check it out shortly and will try to update if there's more.

So for those of you who are buying console club nintendo codes for $$$, you might want to wait for pokemon x/y deals like this. I doubt this will be the only retailer selling them cheap this month... :)

I was just going to post about this. I went in when they first opened this morning and while they did not have the prices posted yet, they were cool enough to go through all the tags for me real quick and the games listed were the only ones they had tags for. While I didn't see the tags, the flyer says they are 50% off and that prices vary. 

Yep!  I just went to my Fred Meyer and picked up some games.  Thanks for posting!  They also had Battlefield 4 for $40 for all systems.  (Not that that's THAT great of a deal but...)

Wish I would have gone while out today. Hopefully some will be in stock tomorrow.

Had a $10 gift card from the Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze deal they had at release. Used that to spend $11 after tax on Pokemon Y today. Pretty good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really want Wind Waker for this price. Being in California all I can do is submit the price to Amazon and hope.

I got it at this price today, was not marked on sale. All the Pokemon games were gone and were marked. If you can get them at best buy do it because the stock is almost gone!

They didn't have any copies of Pokemon or even a label for the game, but some copies of the Wind Waker were in stock.

Just a heads up if you have a Toy's R Us near you they price match FredMeyer.com .

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

• We will match prices from selected online competitor websites,
    including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, LEGO.com and Amazon.com (not including marketplace pricing).

I am not really sure about Best Buy though.

Just a heads up if you have a Toy's R Us near you they price match FredMeyer.com .

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

• We will match prices from selected online competitor websites,
    including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, LEGO.com and Amazon.com (not including marketplace pricing).

I am not really sure about Best Buy though.
Says they won't price match competitors % off discounts?

Just got back from TRU.  Picked up 2 of each Pokemon X&Y.  I haven't ever played pokemon before so I guess now is a good tie to start.  

If any CAGS want me to go back and pick them up a copy of pokemon PM me.

Pretty sure that its % off discounts that don't show the starting and final price. Most Stores are like this.

Just got back from TRU. Picked up 2 of each Pokemon X&Y. I haven't ever played pokemon before so I guess now is a good tie to start.

If any CAGS want me to go back and pick them up a copy of pokemon PM me.
I see that it worked, it should work for every TRU. This is probably what you should show

them:

http://www.fredmeyer.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10551&categoryId=&productId=3170351&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=11204

Show them the webpage of the item that you want rather than the add so they can not use the % off against you.

Thanks for the link it helped wanted pokemon y but all they had in stock at my best buy was pokemon x and ended up getting it for $15.99 plus tax

Thanks, OP.  There is a Fred Meyer right down the road from me.  I think I'll get Zelda for $25.

As a general rule, with all Fred Meyer ads, I generally say "In Store Only" in my thread title - it seems there's not many Freddy's on the east coast - and some people get a little agitated when they realize they can't just buy from the internet.  And those CAGs have let me know in the Freddy's threads that I've started.  ;)

I already got Pokemon X during the Black Friday sales, but I bought Y at Toys R Us in Times Square (in NYC) using the Fred Meyer's website for my boyfriend when he gets his 2DS. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Still a little pricey for WWHD but I'd be willing to buy at that price, if only because my GC disc is worn out.

Too bad there's no store near me.  I suppose I could drive to TRU and try to get a PM but it hardly seems worth the effort :/

It took around 20 minutes, but I was able to call and placed an order for in-store pickup with the Price Match of Pokemon X. I'm debating if I should get Windwaker HD when I head to store. I doubt it'll be that low again any time soon even though I don't have a Wii U yet. :\

It took around 20 minutes, but I was able to call and placed an order for in-store pickup with the Price Match of Pokemon X. I'm debating if I should get Windwaker HD when I head to store. I doubt it'll be that low again any time soon even though I don't have a Wii U yet. :\
I'm not so sure. Didn't the game sell poorly (or at least poorly by Zelda standards)? And WiiU is hardly a hot commodity either. Couple that with the fact that this is little more than an HD port most of us played 10+ years ago and I don't see it staying at $50 forever. Of course, knowing Nintendo, they'd probably end the print run before lowering the price, but I'm wondering if we'll see a few more sales like this before that happens.

Besides, it not like virtually every other 1st party Nintendo game on WiiU hasn't devalued, at least temporarily.

Last edited:
my best buy honors price match from pretty much anywhere as long as it can be proven online or with ad. I have price matched fred meyer before no problems just have them put it under "Other" if there is no Fred Meyer on pos.

For those living in California, I was able to price match this on TRU in Calexico. Nearest Fred Meyer is about 700 miles I think.

They resisted, but I pointed out that their policy includes this store.

Their last defense was that they were not able to determine a shipping cost.

In the end, we agreed to set a flat shipping cost of 5 dlls so I got pokemon x and zelda for 50 plus tax.

They didn't have y in stock, I'll try again at my local BB this time to see if they match

For those living in California, I was able to price match this on TRU in Calexico. Nearest Fred Meyer is about 700 miles I think.

In the end, we agreed to set a flat shipping cost of 5 dlls so I got pokemon x and zelda for 50 plus tax.

They didn't have y in stock, I'll try again at my local BB this time to see if they match
Uh, I don't think they are allowed to charge you a shipping cost. Not according to their policy. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would plan on calling the corporate number and filing a complaint against whoever pulled that BS.

Edit: I'll be damned, they do factor in shipping when PMing. That's some cheap shit right there :whistle2:?

Last edited:
I searched around to six different FMs in my area. The first five were sold out of both X & Y. The sixth had about 20 of X, but not even one of Y. Looks like my daughter's getting X for her birthday!!

I agree, but given that this PM should't be honored because of the % discount (their policy excludes this from PMing), I  didn't make a fuss about it. But yeah, I have price matched in BB from Amazon and they don't include shipping charges.

I agree, but given that this PM should't be honored because of the % discount (their policy excludes this from PMing), I didn't make a fuss about it. But yeah, I have price matched in BB from Amazon and they don't include shipping charges.
normally that is true but if you are talking about for instance the pokemon game it does say 50% off but it does list the regular price of $39.99 in the add and it shows the sale price of $19.99 so there for it accepted as a price match since it does show both the regular price and also the sale price but if it didn't show neither of those prices and only said 50% off then it wouldn't work but that not the case here due to both prices being shown

I've never price matched pat Toys R Us and I live in WI. Any ideas what my odds of success will be? Would really like to pick up Wind Waker at that price and I have a $20 Gift card

Uh, I don't think they are allowed to charge you a shipping cost. Not according to their policy. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I would plan on calling the corporate number and filing a complaint against whoever pulled that BS.

Edit: I'll be damned, they do factor in shipping when PMing. That's some cheap shit right there :whistle2:?
Want even more LOL. Fred Meyer doesn't have an internet store. Everything is in Store only, so there is no shipping charge, ever. WEll no product shipping period.

I've never price matched pat Toys R Us and I live in WI. Any ideas what my odds of success will be? Would really like to pick up Wind Waker at that price and I have a $20 Gift card
You probably should head to customer service, and show them the ad on your phone. Let me know you want to price match FredMeyer.com. This is the Price Match link if they give you any static. The rep I spoke to on the phone mentioned that they didn't price match Fred Meyer, but I guided her to that link and it wasn't a problem. Hopefully this helps. I never price matched at Toys R Us so this was a new experience for me as well.

Speaking as an employee who actually works in electronics at Toys R Us, maybe I can clear some things up.

Which means TRU won't price match things like "20% off all video games!". If it's not clear what the regular price of the game is, or what the sale price of the game is now, so they won't match it. If they said "Up to 20% off all video games, including Battlefield 4 for $49.99" or something, TRU would match the price of $49.99 for Battlefield 4.

I actually don't blame them there. If someone walked in and showed me a FredMeyer link, my first reaction would be to decline. I forget about those websites that aren't as....mainstream?...as ones like Amazon and BestBuy. I've been working there for about 5 months now, and have yet to make a FredMeyer or Meijer price match.

The idea is that you're paying a total cost of x for them to ship it to you. I dislike that part of the policy as well, as they don't then write a check to someone who would've shipped it in the first place. But they don't have to have a price match policy, so it's a minor loss. FWIW, the one I work at never bothers to factor in the shipping cost on items, as it takes way too much time to try figuring out to actually bother doing it. I'm sure that varies from store to store though.

I agree, but given that this PM should't be honored because of the % discount (their policy excludes this from PMing), I didn't make a fuss about it. But yeah, I have price matched in BB from Amazon and they don't include shipping charges.
Except there is indeed a sale price of the item listed. If it just said "save 50% off Pokemon Y" without a price listed, we wouldn't match it. The not matching % off sales typically refers to printed ads more then websites, as websites usually list the actual price of the specific item where as printed ads won't.

You shouldn't have any issues. As others have said, remind them that their policy states they do indeed price match FredMeyer.com and you should be golden.

Thanks. I just got the wind Waker price matched at target. Had to do some haggling but they did it for me

Went to my Fred Meyer this morning (Idaho Falls, ID), and found 20+ copies of Pokemon X at this price. No Y, but well over 20 copies of X. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

All the FMs around me are out of Pokemon and Wind Waker now it looks like. I'm guessing a bunch of scalpers descended on them.

I don't know if all FMs are doing this but the one I went to had a Buy One Get One 50% off offer for 3DS games going this week. Not a hugely exciting deal but it works for ANY 3DS game except Yoshi's New Island. I got DKCR3D and Etrian Untold since the copy they had was the first printing with the soundtrack and artbook.

I don't know if all FMs are doing this but the one I went to had a Buy One Get One 50% off offer for 3DS games going this week. Not a hugely exciting deal but it works for ANY 3DS game except Yoshi's New Island. I got DKCR3D and Etrian Untold since the copy they had was the first printing with the soundtrack and artbook.
The buy one get one 50% off is in this week's flyer in at least WA stores. Almost picked up the new Layton and Zelda, but so much coming out for Vita in the next month that figure just would not get to them any time soon, especially considering my existing DS/3DS backlog.

The buy one get one 50% off is in this week's flyer in at least WA stores. Almost picked up the new Layton and Zelda, but so much coming out for Vita in the next month that figure just would not get to them any time soon, especially considering my existing DS/3DS backlog.
Yeah I was really considering the new Layton and Yoshi but Yoshi's Island is excluded from the deal sadly.

If I had a wii u yet I would have price matched this at bby...if I wasn't a junior in college working on an engineering degree with classes in two cities using public transport I probably would have too..looks longingly at 10$ zombi u and Tekken from blockbuster..and the 10$ monster hunter u from gamestop during Christmas break..hell if this deal runs through spring break next week I'll probably cave..

All the FMs around me are out of Pokemon and Wind Waker now it looks like. I'm guessing a bunch of scalpers descended on them.

Thank you so much for the heads up. Been eyeing a few particular 3DS games. This is just the deal I was looking for.

bread's done
Back