Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Final Fantasy XV: $40 preorder! (GoHastings)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 DistortionDan

DistortionDan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Final Fantasy XV

They only have a listing for PS4, none for Xbox One. Also, use promo code "earlybird" for free shipping.

*Edit*

Based on the UPC it seems that this listing is for Final Fantasy XIV and not FF XV.

$40 is the MSRP for FF XIV and will be released 04/14/14

*Edit*

Listing was pulled and pre-orders were cancelled.

#2 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

Is that price guaranteed? If so I don't care if it comes out in 2017 I'll pre-order now....

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#3 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Msrp

#4 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

=/ I'll wait until the game comes out before I get my PS4.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#5 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

The difference between this and the Atelier deal is that they actually had the msrp price listed on the Atelier game, but had a certain % discount/pricing error applied to it. This, just seems like a placeholder price, but I could be wrong.

#6 DistortionDan

DistortionDan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Msrp

I doubt a brand new Final Fantasy game on the current gen of systems would MSRP at $40. This may be a placeholder price, but I can't find any information that they will honor this price once the real MSRP is announced.

#7 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

By the time this game comes out, I bet your payment credit card's date will have expired.

I wouldn't count on this pre-order coming through, it's wayyyyy too far off and we're talking about GoHastings, not Amazon here.

#8 DistortionDan

DistortionDan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

By the time this game comes out, I bet your payment credit card's date will have expired.

I wouldn't count on this pre-order coming through, it's wayyyyy too far off and we're talking about GoHastings, not Amazon here.

I just submitted a to Amazon that I found it at a lower price. So the best thing that could happen is that they price match Hastings and we can order from Amazon.

#9 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the tip but I'm sure SE will have some Exclusive CE that I'll be jumping on instead.

#10 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

sure why not, but amex doesn't expire until 2016 so I'll give it a shot.

MildObstruction.png

#11 DistortionDan

DistortionDan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

sure why not, but amex doesn't expire until 2016 so I'll give it a shot.

I would think if the game came out after your card expired you could contact customer service to update payment information.

#12 plus10charisma

plus10charisma

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'm pretty sure this is an error.  Idk why they would price such a triple-A title preorder at 40$ .

76561198028073161.pngAddFriend.png

#13 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

This is an error definitely.  If you put in a in store reserve for $5.00 it shows the release date of 4/14/14, which is the release date of Final Fantasy XIV.

default.png2.png

#14 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

If this is an error, Hastings wont honor it anyways, they never do. 

#15 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Amazon-please-match, Amazon-please-match, Amazon-please-match... :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#16 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

This is an error definitely.  If you put in a in store reserve for $5.00 it shows the release date of 4/14/14, which is the release date of Final Fantasy XIV.

FF XIV PS4 UPC: 662248913537

FF XV Gohastings UPC: 66224891353

#17 DistortionDan

DistortionDan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

FF XIV PS4 UPC: 662248913537

FF XV Gohastings UPC: 66224891353

Too good to be true I guess. Better cancel before they ship FF XIV to you next month. Hopefully Amazon price matches.

#18 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel. The Gohastings UPC is missing 1 number from the UPC and it's a near copy of the FFXIV UPC.

#19 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

NM....I see it, ya, definitely a fat-fingered typo. Too bad.

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Error or not, everyone PLEASE submit this to Amazon--they matched Target.com's $19.99 price error for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, so there's hope they'll match this, too!

http://www.amazon.co...inal fantasy xv

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#21 timtheterrible

timtheterrible

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Error or not, everyone PLEASE submit this to Amazon--they matched Target.com's $19.99 price error for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, so there's hope they'll match this, too!

http://www.amazon.co...inal fantasy xv

Well, I've done my part. Hopefully others do as well.

#22 threlish

threlish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

It shoukd be interesting to see how this plays out. I put in a pricematch and ordered from both gohastings and Amazon

#23 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

It shoukd be interesting to see how this plays out. I put in a pricematch and ordered from both gohastings and Amazon

But it wasn't $39.99 from Amazon...? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#24 AsherFischell

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

If this is an error, Hastings wont honor it anyways, they never do. 

They honored my $30 pre-order of LA Noire way back when and someone in the Escha and Logy thread called them and the rep said the price would be honored.

#25 threlish

threlish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

But it wasn't $39.99 from Amazon...? :???:

Not yet. I pre-ordered just in case since Amazon guarantees you'll get it for the lowest price from the moment you order until it ships. So if they lower it anytime from now till shipping I get that price.

#26 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

They honored my $30 pre-order of LA Noire way back when and someone in the Escha and Logy thread called them and the rep said the price would be honored.

Yea I got in on that LA Noire price too. Was it $30 or $20? They honored it in the "spirit of Christmas" I believe lol. I have that email still somewhere. Was classic. What's the "Escha and Logy" thread you are referring to? Are you saying they'd honor this fubar? At least with LA Noire the UPC was correct. This one isn't.

#27 threlish

threlish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Yea I got in on that LA Noire price too. Was it $30 or $20? They honored it in the "spirit of Christmas" I believe lol. I have that email still somewhere. Was classic. What's the "Escha and Logy" thread you are referring to? Are you saying they'd honor this fubar? At least with LA Noire the UPC was correct. This one isn't.

I don't mind if they don't honor and just cancel the orders. People make mistakes. But I would mind if they ship and charge me for Final Fantasy 14.

#28 AsherFischell

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Gohastings had the pre-order of Atelier Escha and Logy for $20 instead of $50 the other day.  This  I'm not sure on, but it has XV boxart, so it's possible that they'd honor it, but I'm not sure.  At the very least, if anyone receives the other game they'll be able to get their money back.  This is a weird case, though, seeing as FF XV has no release date and the UPC was wrong, so it's up in the air.  I think there's definitely a chance this could be honored, but it's Gohastings, so who can say?

#29 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I would expect them to ship you FF14 PS4. Why I won't risk preordering it.

#30 threlish

threlish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

gohastings cancelled my order. They gave me a $5 off code though. So check your email if you ordered guys.