Nintendo Wii U Skylanders Swap Force Set White $219.99 [eBay Daily Deal]

Woulda bit if that was the Deluxe system. Not liking the 8gb model.
As an owner of a deluxe system I would say that the deluxe version is not worth the additional cost. You're only getting 24gb of additional space... better to take that cost savings and invest in a powered external HD. For $60 you can attach a 500gb external drive -- something you are going to need to do anyway if you download a lot of games.

Wish this was the Mario system.  If the system was black I might be more inclined to purchase.  Would really stick out in my entertainment center lol. Still thinking about it though.  Where is the best place to sell off the skylander stuff? Ebay? Mainly looking to trade up to the Mario games.  May just wait on a deal for the Mario system, decisions decisions lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an owner of a deluxe system I would say that the deluxe version is not worth the additional cost. You're only getting 24gb of additional space... better to take that cost savings and invest in a powered external HD. For $60 you can attach a 500gb external drive -- something you are going to need to do anyway if you download a lot of games.
Indeed. The Deluxe model was the way to go at launch because of Nintendoland, but nowadays you're saving more money by buying this model and a inexpensive external drive.

More importantly, I wish the basic model came with Nintendoland at launch because I would have much preferred the white color. Urgh.

Uh, anyone have any suggestions on a "cheap" hard drive that would work with the Wii U and the best way to sell the Skylanders stuff (just ebay?) and suggested price?

I eventually want to get in on the WiiU and this would be a way to avoid tax, but I still want to get a good deal out of it.  I just know the price will keep falling.

I think I'd be okay with an 8gb system since I don't expect I will dl many games...never did on the Wii.

I'd prefer the black console though. And to not have to bother selling off Skylanders stuff.

The wait continues...

Thinking about using my power up points to get $85 ($50+25+10) on a refurbished $200 system so $115 but this new one is really tempting...

how much can the skyland swap force set go for? I kind of want to pick up the WiiU to just play some MH3U; dont care for skylanders.

Argh I JUST BOUGHT THIS from Gamestop last week! Oh well, $30 isn't enough to freak out I guess . . .

These bundles come with Nintendo Land as well, BTW! Insanely good deal, especially if you sell everything off. It doesn't sound like Nintendo's doing another price drop anytime soon so if you're at all interested in the Wii U, don't miss out! I know it's been more or less a big flop but DKC and Mario 3D World have been really fun so far and we've got the old staples like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid etc. to look forward to.

Oh and the white Wii U is clearly the best one because who needs yet another black console??? :)

how much can the skyland swap force set go for? I kind of want to pick up the WiiU to just play some MH3U; dont care for skylanders.

I sold mine for like $45 shipped I think. One of the figures is a LE color so that is helpful to get it sold. If you sell Nintendo Land too you'll probably get at least $20 after shipping on top of the Skylanders stuff.

For $60 you can get a 1 TB or bigger external drive.

Be a CAG!!!

Alright, alright, you guys convinced me.

Now, where are the game sales, anything good?  Unfortunately, I think we just came off a sale from Toys R US that was like, 40% off up to 3 Wii U games if you bought Tropical Freeze, which would have been really nice to take advantage of.

Incredible deal.  I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300.  There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console.  Ah well. 

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad.  I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times. 

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today?  That's crazy.  The Wii U deserves more attention. 

Incredible deal. I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300. There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console. Ah well.

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad. I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times.

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today? That's crazy. The Wii U deserves more attention.
I guess many are waiting for the magical $199.99 price.

Pretty good deal, but I prefer my consoles/electronics in black. I'd be all over this otherwise. Hoping something pops up soon since I actually own a decent amount of wii u games now. It's torture.

Pretty good deal, but I prefer my consoles/electronics in black. I'd be all over this otherwise. Hoping something pops up soon since I actually own a decent amount of wii u games now. It's torture.
Incredible deal. I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300. There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console. Ah well.

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad. I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times.

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today? That's crazy. The Wii U deserves more attention.
. I know what you mean, I just bought Donkey Kong and Super Mario but no wii u yet lol.
Also, Buy.com on ebay had a sale a couple of weeks ago for the Mario bundle 259.00 and a 1000 sold within an hour. (I missed it)

I keep forgetting this bundle includes Nintendoland. If you don't want that (But you should...it's good.) That's another $15-$20 you can get back by selling. So yeah, definitely a $130-$150 Wii U.

Also remember this 8 gb Wii U only has 3 gb on it. I'd like the 32 gb model (24 gb) and not have to deal with an external drive. I don't plan on downloading any retail titles but the gba/ds and some wii u titles would be downloaded. I'll wait as I'm hoping for a Mario Kart 8 bundle. Still a pretty good deal though and Wii U is a great gaming machine if given the chance.

Did anyone notice that the image says "Free Disney Infinity Starter Set" in the description? That's a really good deal now.

68-100-149-03.jpg

For those that bought this, can you confirm that it comes with the Disney Infinity Starter Pack that's pictured? If so, I believe I'm finally going to take the Wii U plunge.

I sent newegg a message about the Disney Infinity set

Their response:
Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Yes, we guarantee what is listed on item page. Since we listed it on the page, you will receive it.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be more than glad to assist you, thank you for contacting Newegg. Have an EGGcellent day!

Sucks that the deal didn't always have the Disney Infinity added on.  Ah well, it was still a great deal with just Skylanders, I'm sure I'll get some money from reselling that.

That's a damn good deal. OP should change the title to show it comes with Disney Infinity.

Edit - Title should reflect it may come with Disney Infinity if someone confirms they get it.

What coupons does ebay have? And cash backs?
It depends , the coupons seem to be sent to relatively inactive accounts (I've seen $15 off a purchase before).

Ebay says today they are giving me 4x the cashback if I buy something over $150 (of course there are exclusions but games/systems seem to count). So basically I should be getting 8% back as Ebay bucks when the promotion starts later today.

Sweet. Had to take the plunge.  I'm going to keep Nintendo Land and sell both the Skylanders and Disney Infinity stuff.  Thanks OP.

Wow really tempted to get this now, if you could sell extras for about $80 make it $140 for the Wii U, definitely seems worth it.

Someone talk me into buying this!!!

Wow really tempted to get this now, if you could sell extras for about $80 make it $140 for the Wii U, definitely seems worth it.

Someone talk me into buying this!!!
Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros. U 4

Windwaker HD

New Super Mario Bros U

New Luigi U

ZombiU (Great Concept)

Pikman 3

DKC Tropical Freeze

Super Mario 3D World

NES Remix (Great game)

Rayman Legends

Plus stuff like Monster Hunter 3, Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover.

Nice catalog of old school games.

Everyone's just waiting for them to announce a New Zelda and Metroid.

I have a Xbone and PS4, but I just got a wii u and I cant put down it down. Great console, very impressed.

Yeah me too. The problem is I already own Swap Force and Disney Infinity on 360. That's the only thing holding me back. Would rather not have to sell anything.

It's going to be interesting to see if they automatically include Disney Infinity or if it'll be something you'll have to complain to NewEgg about.

I highly suspect that image was accidentally included from the last Wii U offer from NewEgg, which did include Disney Infinity.

bread's done
Back