Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Nintendo Wii U Skylanders Swap Force Set White $219.99 [eBay Daily Deal]

#2 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hot damn that's a good deal.

You're looking at a $150 Wii U if you sell off all the Skylanders gubbins.

oIi9lub.png

#3 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Woulda bit if that was the Deluxe system.  Not liking the 8gb model.

#4 daminion

daminion

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Woulda bit if that was the Deluxe system.  Not liking the 8gb model.

As an owner of a deluxe system I would say that the deluxe version is not worth the additional cost. You're only getting 24gb of additional space... better to take that cost savings and invest in a powered external HD. For $60 you can attach a 500gb external drive -- something you are going to need to do anyway if you download a lot of games. 

#5 1badta

1badta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Wish this was the Mario system.  If the system was black I might be more inclined to purchase.  Would really stick out in my entertainment center lol. Still thinking about it though.  Where is the best place to sell off the skylander stuff? Ebay? Mainly looking to trade up to the Mario games.  May just wait on a deal for the Mario system, decisions decisions lol.

#6 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

As an owner of a deluxe system I would say that the deluxe version is not worth the additional cost. You're only getting 24gb of additional space... better to take that cost savings and invest in a powered external HD. For $60 you can attach a 500gb external drive -- something you are going to need to do anyway if you download a lot of games.

Indeed. The Deluxe model was the way to go at launch because of Nintendoland, but nowadays you're saving more money by buying this model and a inexpensive external drive.

More importantly, I wish the basic model came with Nintendoland at launch because I would have much preferred the white color. Urgh.

oIi9lub.png

#7 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Uh, anyone have any suggestions on a "cheap" hard drive that would work with the Wii U and the best way to sell the Skylanders stuff (just ebay?) and suggested price?

I eventually want to get in on the WiiU and this would be a way to avoid tax, but I still want to get a good deal out of it.  I just know the price will keep falling.

#8 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

I think I'd be okay with an 8gb system since I don't expect I will dl many games...never did on the Wii.

I'd prefer the black console though. And to not have to bother selling off Skylanders stuff.

The wait continues...

#9 ZhengMaster

ZhengMaster

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Thinking about using my power up points to get $85 ($50+25+10) on a refurbished $200 system so $115 but this new one is really tempting...

#10 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

how much can the skyland swap force set go for? I kind of want to pick up the WiiU to just play some MH3U; dont care for skylanders.

#11 Uncrushable Pigeon

Uncrushable Pigeon

11 Dimensions of Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Argh I JUST BOUGHT THIS from Gamestop last week! Oh well, $30 isn't enough to freak out I guess . . . These bundles come with Nintendo Land as well, BTW! Insanely good deal, especially if you sell everything off. It doesn't sound like Nintendo's doing another price drop anytime soon so if you're at all interested in the Wii U, don't miss out! I know it's been more or less a big flop but DKC and Mario 3D World have been really fun so far and we've got the old staples like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid etc. to look forward to. Oh and the white Wii U is clearly the best one because who needs yet another black console??? :)

#12 Uncrushable Pigeon

Uncrushable Pigeon

11 Dimensions of Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

how much can the skyland swap force set go for? I kind of want to pick up the WiiU to just play some MH3U; dont care for skylanders.

I sold mine for like $45 shipped I think. One of the figures is a LE color so that is helpful to get it sold. If you sell Nintendo Land too you'll probably get at least $20 after shipping on top of the Skylanders stuff.

#13 TheAgentofChaos

TheAgentofChaos

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

isn't the basic set missing the cradle and charger as well as that deluxe promotion

#14 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Cradle Set is like $5 on Amazon and the deluxe promotion ends in 10 months.

oIi9lub.png

#15 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

For $60 you can get a 1 TB or bigger external drive.

Be a CAG!!!

#16 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

In for one. Been wanting to play Mario. 

Posted Image

#17 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Will def buy a wii u when a new Zelda or Metroid comes out

Until then Galaxy wii u is the only gem I really feel like I'm missing out on

#18 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Alright, alright, you guys convinced me.

Now, where are the game sales, anything good?  Unfortunately, I think we just came off a sale from Toys R US that was like, 40% off up to 3 Wii U games if you bought Tropical Freeze, which would have been really nice to take advantage of.

#19 midloo

midloo

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Incredible deal.  I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300.  There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console.  Ah well. 

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad.  I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times. 

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today?  That's crazy.  The Wii U deserves more attention. 

Posted Image

#20 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

Incredible deal.  I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300.  There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console.  Ah well. 

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad.  I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times. 

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today?  That's crazy.  The Wii U deserves more attention. 

I guess many are waiting for the magical $199.99 price.

#21 b3mike

b3mike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

Hmm.. This seller has it for 210 no sales tax and no custom fees shipped to the states.

http://m.ebay.com/it...Id=201044123375

Works out better for me no sales tax and I don't mind waiting. My only concern is selling the skylanders crap..

#22 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

Tempted.

Posted Image

#23 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Pretty good deal, but I prefer my consoles/electronics in black. I'd be all over this otherwise. Hoping something pops up soon since I actually own a decent amount of wii u games now. It's torture.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#24 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Hmm.. This seller has it for 210 no sales tax and no custom fees shipped to the states.

http://m.ebay.com/it...Id=201044123375

Works out better for me no sales tax and I don't mind waiting. My only concern is selling the skylanders crap..

Damn, that does seem better.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#25 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

It's tempting, but it's been this cheap on ebay before and I resisted then, so I'll keep holding strong for under $200

Posted Image

#26 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

$210 now. hnnnng. Must keep hope that my Sam's Club will clearance the Zelda bundle

Posted Image

#27 1badta

1badta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

Pretty good deal, but I prefer my consoles/electronics in black. I'd be all over this otherwise. Hoping something pops up soon since I actually own a decent amount of wii u games now. It's torture.

Incredible deal. I really wish I hadn't bought the Zelda bundle at launch for $300. There have been so many great deals on the Wii U lately and I would have much rather had a white console. Ah well.

It's almost worth it to buy this just for the extra gamepad. I'm certain my kid is going to break the zelda one any day now despite the fact that it is in not one, but TWO protective cases at all times.

Looks like only 121 people have bought this so far today? That's crazy. The Wii U deserves more attention.

. I know what you mean, I just bought Donkey Kong and Super Mario but no wii u yet lol.
Also, Buy.com on ebay had a sale a couple of weeks ago for the Mario bundle 259.00 and a 1000 sold within an hour. (I missed it)

#28 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

I keep forgetting this bundle includes Nintendoland. If you don't want that (But you should...it's good.) That's another $15-$20 you can get back by selling. So yeah, definitely a $130-$150 Wii U.

oIi9lub.png

#29 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Also remember this 8 gb Wii U only has 3 gb on it. I'd like the 32 gb model (24 gb) and not have to deal with an external drive. I don't plan on downloading any retail titles but the gba/ds and some wii u titles would be downloaded. I'll wait as I'm hoping for a Mario Kart 8 bundle. Still a pretty good deal though and Wii U is a great gaming machine if given the chance.

#30 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

Did anyone notice that the image says "Free Disney Infinity Starter Set" in the description? That's a really good deal now.

68-100-149-03.jpg

594280.png