Reason for User Ban

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

There's a difference between people just not liking you and constantly posting nonsense in the Deals forum where people have to wade through that crap to find actual coherent discussion of a deal.

Almost no one talks about deals in those threads. They're sparse and they're all covered in the OP. If you want to use the "off topic" excuse, everyone in those threads should be banned.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#62 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

How else would I discuss not getting what was described to me from AWD, come on dawg

#63 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

Every time a post goes without being liked, does that mean everybody dislikes it?

Damn, that's really deep.

There's a difference between people just not liking you and constantly posting nonsense in the Deals forum where people have to wade through that crap to find actual coherent discussion of a deal.

Thanks for reminding me why I stay out of the deals forum.

I'm always on the hunt for that off-topic discussion.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#64 sunasun

sunasun

Phillip Mamouf Wi-farts aka Dick Geauxenue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

If he got banned, it more then likely meant more then a few people didn't like him, not just the mod.

so in that vein, since I don't like you, you should be banned, correct?

Spoiler

Every time a post goes without being liked, does that mean everybody dislikes it?

deep-thoughts-by-jack-handey--screen-gra

say what?
tumblr_ltskuk2u5T1r5qrimo1_500.gif

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#65 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

so in that vein, since I don't like you, you should be banned, correct?

Spoiler

Way to show that you think that you're worth more than a few people.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#66 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

People tend to forget this site is more than just deal alert hub. If you want that, you could use a great many different sites that work to that effect, like CheapShark, IsThereAnyDeal, etc. Or you could opt for more deal focused forums like SlickDeals, SPUF, Reddit, etc. CAG is a community beyond that, where people communicate, make friends, play games together, etc.

For those who enjoy this, cool. For those who don't, the OPs are usually updated very quickly and give you a full list of what's on sale on the retailer that the thread is for (Steam, Amazon, etc). Complaining about people for talking with each other is asinine.

Obviously not what he was saying. The guy he was responding to had the logic of "If some people on a site don't like you, you shouldn't want to be there." He was just replying with an equally ridiculous line of reasoning.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#67 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

I'm reporting everyone in this thread for keeping it alive.
"I wanna choke someone or get choked. I try not to be picky."

#68 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

Either way, you have your answer, if you don't like it, you can leave. What else are you looking for?
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#69 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

C'mon guys, soulvengeance is good peeps.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#70 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

I wish he'd stop going off topic in here

#71 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

did you even read what I posted?   :grouphug:

C'mon guys, soulvengeance is good peeps guy.

ref1-8278.jpg

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#72 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I'm reporting everyone in this thread for keeping it alive.

You realize, you have to report yourself too...

#73 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

I wish the mods would do one thing: zero tolerance for fanboy disruptions in deal threads. Even / especially under the guise of "I'm just trying to save people money on not buying a crappy system."

See: titanfall bundle thread, any wiiu thread.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#74 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I wish the mods would do one thing: zero tolerance for fanboy disruptions in deal threads. Even / especially under the guise of "I'm just trying to save people money on not buying a crappy system."

See: titanfall bundle thread, any wiiu thread.

Well it worked. I don't own any system so thanks to those guys

#75 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

how did this thread get to wiiu sucks?

#76 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

how did this thread get to wiiu sucks?

I believe as soon as some idiot (not Idiot) started posting pics of Sponge Bob.

"I wanna choke someone or get choked. I try not to be picky."

#77 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

I believe as soon as some idiot (not Idiot) started posting pics of Sponge Bob.

oops.   

#78 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

my $.02 on this:

If TImbo can post all the crap he does in PS4/XB1 threads with horrible grammar and not get banned, yet this guy does, that means something is not right with CAG.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#79 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

my $.02 on this:

If TImbo can post all the crap he does in PS4/XB1 threads with horrible grammar and not get banned, yet this guy does, that means something is not right with CAG.

what's an xb1? or a PotSticker 4?

#80 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

Who are the mods on CAG these days, anyway? I don't really see many of them post anymore, and, I don't think any new ones have been appointed for quite a while.

#81 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Who are the mods on CAG these days, anyway? I don't really see many of them post anymore, and, I don't think any new ones have been appointed for quite a while.

You should be a new mod Rig. The mod for the CAG!

#82 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

What's the stance on banned members making new accounts? 2010 Most Memorable CAG Villain Fire_Thief is back under a new name.

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15,  :ps3: Jeopardy, :ps3: NCAA Football 11

#83 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Is he rapping?

If he's still rapping, then it's cool,.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#84 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

What's the stance on banned members making new accounts? 2010 Most Memorable CAG Villain Fire_Thief is back under a new name.

That gets you IP banned.

bZ2g3eF.png

#85 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

Is he rapping?

If he's still rapping, then it's cool,.

that's mean, your avatar of a girl with cerebral palsy.

photo-thumb-171999.jpg?_r=1394827069

#86 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

That gets you IP banned.

Well, here's his new account. http://www.cheapassg...newportbox100s/

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, :ps4: Madden 15,  :ps3: Jeopardy, :ps3: NCAA Football 11

#87 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Well, why don't you just report him if you really want him banned? Or did you already? I just really don't see the reason. IP bans don't work or are not issued. He will be back if he really wants to be.

#88 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Well, here's his new account. http://www.cheapassg...newportbox100s/

I have no idea who the offender is, but I'd imagine you're just seeing the result of crappy, inconsistent CAG modding.

I was IP banned for making an account to get past a silence and PM a mod, while that guy got permabanned, made a new account, and is still alive and kicking. That's CAG for you.

bZ2g3eF.png

#89 Reds303

Reds303

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

I have no idea who the offender is, but I'd imagine you're just seeing the result of crappy, inconsistent CAG modding.

I was IP banned for making an account to get past a silence and PM a mod, while that guy got permabanned, made a new account, and is still alive and kicking. That's CAG for you.

I'm kind of new to CAG so I don't want to step on any toes, but it seems that if a user is going to be banned they should at least be given a reason or a chance to resolve an issue before being locked out completely. If a user is about to banned they should have an option perhaps where someone cannot post but still has the ability to log in and talk to a mod to see if the issue can be worked out instead of just locking out the account completely. Just my 2 cents, for what its worth. Banning someone without a reason also leaves it to a guessing game to other CAGs as to what is and what is not acceptable, since no one really knows why a user was banned.

#90 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

I'm kind of new to CAG so I don't want to step on any toes, but it seems that if a user is going to be banned they should at least be given a reason or a chance to resolve an issue before being locked out completely. If a user is about to banned they should have an option perhaps where someone cannot post but still has the ability to log in and talk to a mod to see if the issue can be worked out instead of just locking out the account completely. Just my 2 cents, for what its worth. Banning someone without a reason also leaves it to a guessing game to other CAGs as to what is and what is not acceptable, since no one really knows why a user was banned.

All correct, and all extremely common among most forum modding systems. CAG is just run by mods who are more or less grandfathered in from knowing Cheapy for ages, and thusly can do no wrong. Cheapy himself pulls a lot of inconsistent nonsense and doesn't help the situation at all.

But as you can see, even when directly addressed and asked questions, Cheapy and the mods have completely ignored just about every comment here. The system sucks and it isn't going to change.

bZ2g3eF.png