Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 bestkeeper14

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Batman vs. Superman was kicked back to May 2016 ...

Even more perfect... a superman or justice league game fall 2015

russdornisch.png

russdornisch.png

#32 zyk

zyk

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Screenshots of some of the villains

Spoiler

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#33 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Love that the Riddler is looking a little worn and rattled now.  I know they are intentionally keeping Scarecrow under wraps for now, but I'm curious to see what they have done with him.  I always liked his portrayal in the first two games, so I almost hope they don't mess with it much.

Simosaurus.png

#34 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Love that the Riddler is looking a little worn and rattled now.  I know they are intentionally keeping Scarecrow under wraps for now, but I'm curious to see what they have done with him.  I always liked his portrayal in the first two games, so I almost hope they don't mess with it much.

Honestly, I dont even remember him in Arkham City.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#35 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Honestly, I dont even remember him in Arkham City.

Yeah, you're right...I think he was referenced and there were some easter eggs about him, but he didn't actually appear in AC.     :dunce: 

Things all start to blur together after a while I guess.  

Simosaurus.png

#36 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, you're right...I think he was referenced and there were some easter eggs about him, but he didn't actually appear in AC. :dunce:

Things all start to blur together after a while I guess.

Haha I remember the references but I don't remember seeing him which was a bummer cause I was hoping to.

Personally, I hope Arkham Knight doesn't include Joker. I'm more than ready for a batman game where someone else steps up as the prime villain for a change.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#37 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Haha I remember the references but I don't remember seeing him which was a bummer cause I was hoping to.

Personally, I hope Arkham Knight doesn't include Joker. I'm more than ready for a batman game where someone else steps up as the prime villain for a change.

Completely, 100% in agreement.  The Joker showing up almost feels cheap at this point.  One of the big (only) things that drew me to Origins was that the villain was advertised as Black Mask.  I thought that was an original and ballsy direction.  And look how all that turned out.

So, let's cross our fingers that Rocksteady can give us something new with this final installment.  Anyone up for a next-gen King Tut?  

VICTOR+BUONO+KING+TUT.jpg

Simosaurus.png

#38 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

A few outlets have pointed out that, at least in that one picture that was just released, The Riddler looks a lot like Charlie Sheen...

#39 zyk

zyk

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

A few outlets have pointed out that, at least in that one picture that was just released, The Riddler looks a lot like Charlie Sheen...

I can't unsee it now lol

Currently Playing

#40 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Holy shit it's true! He even look drugged out like Sheen too!

#41 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

More info came out, might have heard already, but to those that haven't..

No tacked on multiplayer
Kevin Conroy will be Batman
Set 1 year after Arkham City, will take place in part of Gotham City which is about 5x bigger than Arkham City.
You'll be able to drive the bat mobile around the city, some Riddler challenges will require it.
Arkham Knight is suppose to represent a militarized version of Batman who will be one of the villians. Other villians include Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn

Kevin Conroy?! Awesome. I guess any reports of Mark Hamill will mean a cameo of the Joker.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#42 powbear

powbear

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

This might be fun. Can't wait!

#43 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Kevin Conroy?! Awesome. I guess any reports of Mark Hamill will mean a cameo of the Joker.

Well, I mean. No ones really heard fro. Hamill in a looooong time. I'm sure he'll be in the game... Hopefully.

Also. GotY.

#44 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

He's getting in shape for the new Star Wars. lol

I have no idea. He does excellent voice work.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#45 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

He's getting in shape for the new Star Wars. lol

I have no idea. He does excellent voice work.

His voice work is where he really shines.  I love Star Wars, but those characters are pretty thin on depth.

#46 zyk

zyk

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

And here is the design for the Arkham Knight

Spoiler

Currently Playing

#47 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

His voice work is where he really shines.  I love Star Wars, but those characters are pretty thin on depth.

Please tell me you aren't referring to SW characters in that dumbass statement about depth.

#48 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Please tell me you aren't referring to SW characters in that dumbass statement about depth.

Please tell me you don't think Star Wars characters had real depth.

I love Star Wars and all, but it isn't exactly deep.  Harrison Ford himself actually several years back said he wouldn't go back to Han Solo because he really felt the character was "thin" on depth.  I'm not sure how they managed to talk him back into part 7 - probably has something to do with the new guard.  Alec Guiness also is well known for not having high regard for his character, arguably the "deepest" in the series.

Please don't confuse "deep" and "enjoyable".  Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura are some of my guilty pleasures, as are many similar movies which I will almost always watch if they are on.  Well written or acted does not equal "good movie".  I still have my large collection of Star Wars figures from my childhood sitting in their Darth Vader head storage case in a place of honor in my man room and a giant framed poster from Episode 4 hanging on the wall.  It's not like I'm just some hater.

Mark Hamill captured the very soul of the Joker better than anyone else using just his voice (although Heath Ledger was very good).  It was way better done than his take on a whiny teenager on a desert planet who becomes a master of his art after a grueling three day training course taught by a Muppet.